so sad!

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Um, shiny? Yeah I think you might want to double-check your translating Dictionary.....there is nothing in what anyone was saying that could even be remotely thought of as "incestuous" and the whole hating America thing will get old REALLY fast.

I will contact you regarding the use of the word "inscestuous". This thread does not deserve someone nit picking my comments as njqt did. What makes you think I hate America???? I dislike people who seem to think nothing exists beyond there own country.:rolleyes:

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jason els
I have been to 18 countries and most states.

Careful with the broad brush.[/quote]

There was no broad brush my friend. I think you can see that I replied to njqt's comment that I was naive. If I don't ask then I will never know anything will I?? So that is why I asked a question!!! If someone does not leave there own area then it does tend to show. If you have been to 18 countries then I am obviously not refering to you am I????

shinybellend said:
There was no broad brush my friend. I think you can see that I replied to njqt's comment that I was naive. If I don't ask then I will never know anything will I?? So that is why I asked a question!!! If someone does not leave there own area then it does tend to show. If you have been to 18 countries then I am obviously not refering to you am I????

The pronoun, "you," appeared to have been used in the plural. If it was not meant that way then I apologize for my mistake.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The pronoun, "you," appeared to have been used in the plural. If it was not meant that way then I apologize for my mistake.
That's ok. I was only trying to be nice to the guy who's friend had moved so far away.:smile:

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Shinny, being a truck driver here in the US, I've been to all but 6 states. But, I have to tell you one thing, some of our states are larger than some countries. I've thought about how the European's travel and I've been very jealous of it. Travel here is very expensive and most who can't travel by air or train (trains are far from what they are in Europe and Asia) usually travel by car. But the difference here is that most people here in the states have a car.

Industrialsize... what do you suppose he's feeling? I was the best friend one time that moved away. After I did it I wondered if I had done the right thing or not. With many visits back and forth, that feeling subsided.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shinny, being a truck driver here in the US, I've been to all but 6 states. But, I have to tell you one thing, some of our states are larger than some countries. I've thought about how the European's travel and I've been very jealous of it. Travel here is very expensive and most who can't travel by air or train (trains are far from what they are in Europe and Asia) usually travel by car. But the difference here is that most people here in the states have a car.

Industrialsize... what do you suppose he's feeling? I was the best friend one time that moved away. After I did it I wondered if I had done the right thing or not. With many visits back and forth, that feeling subsided.
So his friend moving to a different prvince is like one of my friends moving to a country far away? Yes that is sad for him.:mad:

Please don't anyone jump down my neck for this but so many people say..."America is so big that they use planes like we use buses." I can only go on what I have been told and don't ever think it is total truth until I have seen for myself. It is obviously not true. The cost would be rediculous to the individual. Do you think it is used for business travel a lot though?

If you are interested here is some education on the UK: Public transport is on the decline with more than half of Britains railways closed down by Mr Beaching. On average each household has two cars or more. Our country is so overcrowded and we are getting swamped with imigrants. It takes some people hours just to get from one part of London to another in order to go to work due to the high volumes of traffic. It's not all roses round the door here either.

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a huge crybaby and would be freaking out too if I had someone that close and they moved that far away...

And by saying this, I'm not trying to be insensitive to what you're going through -- but at least he's still alive and you can visit, and keep in touch, webcam, any/all of the above.

A good friend of mine died last New Years, and there is rarely a day that goes by where I don't still miss him hard... It was a senseless accidental OD that could have been avoided in one of a dozen different ways.

I tend to be pretty passive in friendships/relationships and can sometimes take people for granted -- since this happened, I've been trying to change that. SO KEEP IN TOUCH W/HIM -- you never know where things will go in the future.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
yah friendship can be painful
come to think of it it can be excrutiating
I'm sorry man
but if your good friends keep in touch online

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel you, Industrialsize. My brother just moved back to Thailand. I'll miss him very much.

Try to make a "just for us" vacation time happen, and try to save up for that in order to make it work. (I have no idea how much money you make, but we with normal salaries have to save for vacations, thus the advice.)

I've remained close friends with people who've gone back home to Germany, South Africa, Ecuador, India, and Canada. Email has been a lifesaver, as well as the steadily decreasing cost of making a phone call.

My best to you,

NCbear (who hopes Indy will travel down to Fort Lauderdale for a housewarming party very soon)

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few days had passed since you posted this thread. How are you holding up? I hope it would not be that many more days before you get used his absence.