So, Sugar Daddies. What do you think?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I have to say that I have always found the concept of Sugar Daddies a bit pervy; older men with younger women just because they have money. But someone was just saying that you can be a Sugar Daddy irrespective of age simply by having some money and presumably being generous with it.

So which is it? Generous wealthy guy, sexy, or old perv?

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
So which is it? Generous wealthy guy, sexy, or old perv?

Yes - one or the other... or both :wink:

Hick's a sexy old perv, and very generous. :biggrin:

But then, to be serious for a moment, he earns a decent living but isn't what I think anyone would describe as 'wealthy' (in a 1st world context). And I don't think he counts as a sugar daddy anyway - our relationship is one of equals.

Which leads me back to an expansion of my first answer. An older, wealthy, generous man certainly can be sexy - the perviness depends on the dynamics of the relationship. If he is just using his material generosity to win favour that's pervy, if he's also generous with his time, affection, support, etc. then that strikes me as a healthier relationship dynamic.

Of course the healthiness of the relationship also depends on the attitude and behaviour of the female partner. If she's a gold-digger (just swapping affection for material gain) then it doesn't matter how sincere the affections of the sugar-daddy are. But if she's also supportive and loving, generous in a non-material way, then the relationship moves out of classic 'pervy sugar-daddy' territory as far as I'm concerned.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always think about that Toby Keith song, "Who's your daddy?" I don't think he has to be old, just has a lot of 'things' at his disposal - money, cars, house, you know. I have a sugar daddy myself sometimes. He lets me play on the computer a lot during the day! LOL! And he's only 8 years older than me, so that works out nicely. And he's just 'pervy' enough to be fun!!!

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The woman you described is a modern day courtesan.

For the man to be a sugardaddy - there has to be a significant age difference.

NAWI (Not a woman's issue)

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was around the age of 21, several men offered me money if I married them, not literal cash for marriage, but they described to me a lush lifestyle in exchange for marrying them. They made a business proposition. One of them was only 36, but extremely wealthy and he was not interested in love, so that makes him a Sugar Daddy. He wasn't bad looking. I still said no immediately. I was not flattered and I never considered saying yes. I've always been a romantic.

It is a money/power in exchange for sex relationship, which makes it pervy in the bad way, not sexy. Makes me feel like they assumed I'd be willing to prostitute myself.

Of course, if they had looked like Harrison Ford or Hugh Jackman, then I would have hesitated a few minutes before saying no...

Last edited:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
When I was around the age of 21, several men offered me money if I married them, not literal cash for marriage, but they described to me a lush lifestyle in exchange for marrying them. They made a business proposition. One of them was only 36, but extremely wealthy and he was not interested in love, so that makes him a Sugar Daddy. He wasn't bad looking. I still said no immediately. I was not flattered and I never considered saying yes. I've always been a romantic.

It is a money/power in exchange for sex relationship, which makes it pervy in the bad way, not sexy. Makes me feel like they assumed I'd be willing to prostitute myself.

Of course, if they had looked like Harrison Ford or Hugh Jackman, then I would have hesitated a few minutes before saying no...

OooOOo you fickle thing you!:wink:

Keleios

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Suits some people, fulfills needs on both ends. Girl wants material things - older guy wants to have a little princess he can spoil. Anna Nicole Smith & J. Howard Marshall seemed happy enough together. At the end of the day, these guys have earned their money, they're not stupid and if they want to spend it on a willing girl, fair play to 'em.

Personally not adverse to dating an older man but I don't give a shit about money other than common sense financial security for both either individually or jointly.
Would definitely not be able or happy to expect or rely upon money/items from someone else and have that included as part of a relationship.

Guess it's easy for me as I'm super easy to please. Although I can appreciate the beauty of a grade D brilliant cut diamond, I'd be equally as happy if given a marble and a relatively flat surface.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
INNAWIWAMS :tongue:

You see a lot of 60+ western guys with women under 30 in Asia. I always find that a bit creepy. Some are effectively bigamous.

I almost have your abbreviation decoded. :rolleyes:
I at least wrote mine out for everyone's benefit :mad:

Seems creepy
Until you are the 60 plus with the 30 minus
Then it will seem fantastic :biggrin1:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I did my bit for sugar mommies when I was in my teens & early 20's.

If there is karma, & I find myself alone, & in my 50s, it would be nice to be able to get someone 25 years younger. Hopefully, with a modest trust fund too!

Truthfully though, the power in those relationships is all skewed. Unless there is some great meeting of the minds, the older person gets phenomenonally jealous of the younger, & tries out all kinds of mental games.

I think the really rich guys know the score, & so have several young 'uns to play around with, whereas the other guys & women deceive themselves that it will last, or that they have anything in common.

People have different relationships in their lives, & why not experiment?

The only thing I think is sad, not creepy, is when the older person is literally just being fleeced by the younger. And trust me, that's what those South East Asia girls are doing. They flatter the guy, get them to write to them, profess admiration for their qualities, get a quick marriage, start the sob story about their family, fleece them, bring their family over, then desert them.

So don't think it's creepy. It's just lonely older people, looking for solace about to be abused.

It happens when women go on their (sex) holidays too. The locals go for the older ones, because they've got the money. "Why have the kitten, when I can have the cat..." is a pretty standard line. Lol.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Best line in the thread thus far. LOL!! :biggrin:

I tend to like daddy types, which is probably due to my fondness of men with well groomed mustaches and/or goatees. Always been attracted to men older than myself, and money has never been a requirement with any man I've dated or been in a committed relationship with. That still doesn't stop people from thinking I have a sugar daddy though. Some people just can't grasp the idea of younger people actually being in love with someone older and vice versa and it's their problem.

basharbd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would say if one is a sugar daddy if he has money and spends it specifically on pampering a girl with the expectation of getting companionship in return.

I'm 27 and have an arrangement with a lesbian who's 5 years younger than me whenever I'm in the States. I'm usually there twice a year for 4-6 weeks at a time. Too short to start anything serious, but too long to be alone. We go out for dinners, movies and shopping. I pamper her and she pampers me. This arrangement has been working for almost three years now. Interestingly, I found her through ad I posted on Craigslist with the title "sugar daddy seeking..."!

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sad men and sad women usually team up - they deserve each other - the whole relationship is built like a straw house: money is the only interest they share. They both equate sex with money, the curse of the new rich.