So there's this girl at work...

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So there's this girl at work who I think might be into me. We always catch each other staring at each other, she flirts with me even when I'm not really flirting with her, and so on. According to other people at work she has said that she hasn't had sex in about 2 years (I'm heading that way myself) and I've had suggestions by several people that I should try to pursue her. Anyway I'm not really worried about asking her out, I think I can handle that pretty well, but what do you guys think about interoffice relationships? I've seen it many times with both good and bad results. It can cause a lot of drama and I'm worried about the shit people will say behind our backs if we start dating. But I REALLY am starting to like her. The more I think about her the more I want to spend more time with her (and not just sexually).

Any thoughts, experiences?

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally, I have never seen relationships with coworkers work out. If things do not go right, it can affect your job. Not to mention that alot of places do not like coworkers dating.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well there's already several couples at work, one couple is even married (they got married after they met at work) so our place of employment doesn't seem to care. And we don't really work with each other, just in the same room with each other and sometimes I might need to ask her a question about admin related things(I can't really explain more with out revealing my employment).

And you're right Pieterjoke, the first thing the others at work will think is "one night stand" (and they have good reason to given my current track record) but I want it to be more than that.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Personally, I have never seen relationships with coworkers work out. If things do not go right, it can affect your job. Not to mention that alot of places do not like coworkers dating.
At my company there have been 8 to 10 couples in the last 5 years who have married and there are probably another 14 or 15 who were married prior to starting there, so it is very possible.

It should not affect your job in any way. The one caveat is that you should not date anyone where there is the possibility of one reporting or having any influence on the other person or their job.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does your human resources department say about it? Are they encouraging you too?

What will you do when it doesnt work out?
Lets say it does work out.
Now you get to see her for all day, everyday, without a break. During work, after work, sometimes even before work. And if you break up, you will still see her for 8 hours a day. But, you could end up marrying her. Is that what you want?

If you are looking for a booty call, then you are going down the wrong path. My opinion is you are going down the wrong path anyway by dating at the workplace, but those married couples would disagree with me. (or agree, who knows, hindsight is 20/20)

Remember in high school, how it was cute to get all your classed together with your GF? then you realize the most fun you have are the classes shes is not in?

Good luck.