So, what about today's execution?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Fuck that shit. I'm glad she's gone. She was smart enough to put out a hit on two people and offer to share the life insurance proceeds.

When she can bring back the two people she killed is the day I feel she deserves to spend the rest of her life in jail.

I am pro death penalty when there is no shadow of a doubt as to the person being guilty.

Even if a person was mentally retarded and they killed a love one of mine I would want them to pay equally.
There is serious doubt that she had the mental capacity to orchestrate the killings. In fact, new evidence ignored by the clemency board indicates she may very well not have been the mastermind, but may have been manipulated by at least one of the two men in the conspiracy, with whom she would have split the insurance proceeds. In case you're confused, she did not actually kill the victims. The triggerman received life in prison, the other committed suicide, and Theresa received sentence of death.

an eye for an eye. That's love.
I love when people selectively cite the bible to justify killing by drawing on ancient Hebrew texts referring to God's vengeance, while ignoring the new message of God's grace, love and forgiveness that Christ brought to the table. WWJD?

Murdering innocent people is fucked up. After that all bets are off. If you don't want to be put to death they know what to do.

Why can't people just fucking take responsibilities for their actions. If I killed someone for sport or greed and I was sentenced to death, so be it. What's the value of being locked up for life?

I saw a story about a family home invasion where the wife was taken to the bank and forced to withdraw $15,000 and then she and her kids were killed and the husband escaped. They caught the two animals that did it, but why do they deserve to live?
And Jeffery Dahmer killed a bunch of guys and ate them. And Hitler orchestrated the murder of millions in his death camps. How about you stick to the facts of this case, rather than citing more extreme completely unrelated examples to make your point?

And I will turn your question around; other than exacting vengeance ("vengeance is mine", saith the Lord)
what is accomplished by killing someone?

FYI, study after study proves that the death penalty is not a deterrent to committing the crime of murder. FYI, She has taken responsibility for her actions. Read her statements if you are interested. FYI, Virginia is second only to Texas (ex-Governor G.W. Bush's alma mater) for the number of people executed, where they also have no problem killing the mentally disabled.

In a related story: The conservative Republican governor of Virginia, Robert F. McDonell, received more than 7,300 appeals for clemency, which he ignored. He's the same fella who back in April proclaimed Confederate History Month in his state, but neglected to include any mention of slavery. When questioned about it, he in essence said that slavery was a side issue in Virginia during the war, and that enough attention had been paid to it already. He wanted to honor the others (white people) whose suffering had been overlooked. Two days ago he finally got around to offering an apology and a retraction in a speech at an historically black university, no doubt bowing to political pressure to "correct" his record. It's no secret he has presidential aspirations, and while his racist omission may have played well among arch conservatives in his state, it would not play so well to a national audience when the time comes. How interesting that he timed his mea culpa less than a day after Ms. Lewis was put to death. Distraction? :rolleyes:

Last edited: