So what pisses you off?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND DOUBLE PIZZA SAUCE ON PIZZA?!

I just want a thin crust cheese pizza with DOUBLE sauce please. I don't want pizza crust and cheese, I need some motherfucking sauce too. Double sauce seems to be something Texans don't get!

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you just want to unload (so to speak). What are those little things in life, things people do etc which just wind you up? Not really looking for the big things that actually matter in the grand scheme of life but do matter to you.

Will kick it off with something which seems a fairly recent phenomenon but has really started to bug me -

People whose ages are in double figures who say, "Only X more sleeps till such-and-such". Since when has a 'sleep' been an accepted unit of time. Please grow up! Ha, got that off my chest. Anyone else?

People who cannot assert their desires without shitting on someone else's...or women because it seems like every thread about how manly we all are has to end in some rousing chorus of brollover brothoven's 9th misogyny.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I totally support you with this. But the original meaning of conservativism is about everyone expressing themself, but if it is for the masses, you have to do little steps. You can't change things for everyone just because one wants to.

Ah, no, Conservatism is not founded in any way shape or form on freedom of self expression on an open field and populist at that. It is always about power and wealth and the hierarchies of that power and wealth and maintaining them at almost any cost. What you have described is basic free speech which is a feature of every democratic ideology, but the use of the term expression confuses me. For anyone invested in speech as a political right, the goal is not merely expression but the freedom to engage in speech acts that perform a democratic function. We are invited and expected to make intelligent and productive contributions in speaking.

And I assure you, things can be done very quickly and change can be sweeping and lasting. It just requires not giving all the money to a few hundred people. Which is not even conservatism it's kleptocratic kakistocracy (thieving shit system)

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Political ads on YouTube. Seriously. I’m not voting for you. I just wanna watch my makeup tutorials in peace!

can we talk about the ones in the MIDDLE OF THE CLIP?

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
can we talk about the ones in the MIDDLE OF THE CLIP?
Yeah, I've been noticing that too. That is so annoying. Especially when you're listening to something longer and it keeps getting interrupted.

Ah, no, Conservatism is not founded in any way shape or form on freedom of self expression on an open field and populist at that. It is always about power and wealth and the hierarchies of that power and wealth and maintaining them at almost any cost. What you have described is basic free speech which is a feature of every democratic ideology, but the use of the term expression confuses me. For anyone invested in speech as a political right, the goal is not merely expression but the freedom to engage in speech acts that perform a democratic function. We are invited and expected to make intelligent and productive contributions in speaking.

And I assure you, things can be done very quickly and change can be sweeping and lasting. It just requires not giving all the money to a few hundred people. Which is not even conservatism it's kleptocratic kakistocracy (thieving shit system)

New World people think they have any idea about old world politics

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bad managers. Especially ones who freak out over lower grant dollar amounts coming in this year versus this time last year, get their undershorts in a wad over it, persuade the provost to push through a high-dollar grant proposal in crisis mode so that my university can get more dollars coming in, put me on the project at the expense of everything else I’m doing and need to do, and then castigate me for not doing those other things after I waste ~30 hours on the proposal and it turns predictably into a train wreck (as though I could have pulled away from those other things and focused exclusively on the high-dollar proposal-that-went-nowhere simultaneously).

Is it any wonder that I’m looking around for other opportunities?

NCbear (who—unlike my current boss—knows that [1] people get burned out by series of multiple successive crises and [2] people don’t leave jobs, they leave bad bosses)

Along with that, stupidly fiddly job application websites that ask you to perjure yourself because their system doesn't have your former employer/educational institution/degree/major/discipline in it and then warn you that if something is incorrect in your application, you can be summarily fired.

(Um, thanks for adding to my stress levels.)

Plus, this particular job application website was so damned fiddly that I just spent more than four hours inputting my employment information. REALLY???

NCbear (who is, unfortunately, too tired to stay awake but too frustrated/upset/stressed out to be sleepy)

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those Democrat nominees who have forgot what they tweeted about the Jussie Smollett when he first came out with his claims. How about this when something happens. “Let’s wait until all the facts come out”.

However when someone says something you either say you were wrong and apologize or you change your story but stay with what you said.

This goes for everyone who rushes to judgement And tweet about it, it’s not a rush to judgement to be morally right but waiting for facts.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Migraines. Not a damn thing I can do about the fuckers, other than wait for them to pass.
I’m so sorry. Last week was bad for me. It was about a 6 everyday - ebbed and flowed. Just enough to grind on me, but not enough to really bitch about it. Still I have a Botox consult next week and biofeedback next month. So that’s good news.

Media
Republican/Conservative/Evangelical Fox News “talking points” about transgender people.

Two months ago I was told by an acquaintance that a person that I know as female is transgender. The person who revealed this to me is a hardcore self-proclaimed Christian Republican. I guess my response was not the expected answer. I responded that this was none of my business, that I didn’t need to know, and that it would not change a thing. The person that was being outed is a good person. I have no problem with her. Of course, this led to the usual Fox schlock misinformation and paranoia about transgender people—all offensive religious pseudo psycho drivel. Bathrooms, gender dysphoria, God’s Word, etc, It sounded like all the troll crap posted in Politics. I ended it swiftly and left it that we would have to agree to disagree. I guided the conversation elsewhere and we parted amicably. I haven’t heard from this person since.

This might be for nothing...but I hate all these bullshit games people play. I have never seen so many men hide the fact they are sleeping with other men while being married to a woman.
I am so far gone on this issue.

And I'm tired of gay men being either lets hook up tonight come to my place right now not knowing the first thing about me...sure I'm a serial killer lets fuck.
Sigh.
And then there are the guys who for fuck sake would rather die than reach out, try something, or to for once just take a chance. Oh no you're a few hours away guess you or I should never have sex again. Damn the person who created cars and roads.....I mean damnit can we find a decent middle ground.
Or maybe just be a nice gay friend...idk...seriously
I'm exhausted playing these games.

All this fakeness is so tiresome.

Reactions: MisterB and 693987