So, what stuff did you buy??

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was NOT sure what to get the hubby. But, the other day I walked into " Longs Drugs" and I seen it!!!!!!! The Perfect gift for him.." I can't Say what it is yet.." Because, I don't know if he peaks at the site to see what I been writing..." So, if he does..." Then I won't say what he is getting...":tongue:
But, the rest of you all..." What have you bought? Or is your story like mines?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I can't tell you what I bought for some of my friends here, because they will read it, although Naughty did open one thing already--because I said she could.

If I post what I bought for some friends and family, it will probably come off wrong and look rather pretentious. However, I was raised in a family that did not hold back on gifts. I love to get gifts, but I seriously enjoy shopping for friends and family and giving them presents.

One of my friends got a really cool tie from Burberry, another friend got a tie from Hermes, because he loves their ties and has a collection of them.

For my mother, I bought a beautiful sterling silver picture frame at Tiffany, plus a stack of CDs, a candle, and an imported reed diffuser (citrus scented). I also included a bunch of local foodstuffs, including things that she likes like Moravian spice cookies.

I bought clothes for my grandfather, because it's hard to buy anyhting for someone who is 92 and has more than enough stuff.

I was done with the bulk of my shopping before Thanksgiving, so now I can just spend my time picking up various and sundry items, just to have to be able to hand out.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I only buy for one person, and that's my son. So far, he's gotten two playstation games, and I just found out today that the community college I attend sells children's books in the bookstore. So after a little perusing there, I found him two books that I want to get him, but I haven't purchased them yet.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Not a damn thing because a) I have no money and b) we're not really into the whole "Holiday" thing anymore.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dang, I just got a new idea from you!!! Thank you prepstudinsc, COFFEE ( from Hawaii)!!! For my momma will be the BEST gift!!!!!!!!
I am Broke also.." But, my little bits of money will make a Few folks happy.."

Books are the way to go to..."
I have to get out of here..."
WORK..........:eek:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i haven't started yet! i'm sooo belated. lol. i still have a good amount of time though. i usually don't exchange gifts with friends, but there's been hints of something different this year.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get paid tonight!!!!
So, I will see what I can afford this pay check!
The Small gift!! This time..":biggrin1:
No one else has any other items to put into here?:eek:
MY THREADS SUCK " LOL!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well this year I am miles from any stores and my nearest shopping mall is, oh lord.... 70 miles away for a poor one and 140 for a good one... so all shopping so far has been done from the comfort of my sofa via the internet...

Though disappointingly they don't seem to be very speedy shipping them out, so I'll hold off telling you what I've bought til I've got them... don't want to tempt fate!!!! LOL

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I told him that I don't want anything.." I really don't need anything.." For the First time in my LIFE.." I have ALL that I want..."
But, I will hint to getting Mouse and Mandy some items..." Eventhough they are in Kansas city.."
They need some New itmes..":redface: Maybe a New cat tower ( Mouse will love that)..." Some dental water mix ( Mouse really NEEDS that). Other items...and so forth. Mandy Needs some feather toys...."

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My father: I bought him a home theater system for his television.

My sister: An all-in-one HP printer and a subscription to Taste of Home magazine.

My other sister: A cookbook. Desktop Publishing software.

My brother-in-law: A book on counterterrorism tactics and strategies.

Another sis: Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume set. Two artsy glass coffee mugs. Four artsy tea glasses.

My brother got nil.:mad:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My father: I bought him a home theater system for his television.

My sister: An all-in-one HP printer and a subscription to Taste of Home magazine.

My other sister: A cookbook. Desktop Publishing software.

My brother-in-law: A book on counterterrorism tactics and strategies.

Another sis: Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume set. Two artsy glass coffee mugs. Four artsy tea glasses.

My brother got nil.:mad:

What did you buy me? :biggrin1:

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i prefer to make gifts throught the year and put them aside for xmas for friends and family........thats what makes them special keepsakes and unusual and they appreciate the thought that goes into them rather than buy off the shelf stuff from shops.........i also add some home made baking which i do xmas eve and its nice and fresh then....all put into small packages and nicely finsished with a bow or ribbons.

i used to buy off the shelf stuff but never seen it again when i visited anyone but now when i visit i see things ive made so i know they are enjoying them.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just went out and spend a little TOO much on YET MORE gifts. This time for a guy at work.." Our secret Santa thing for work. The "Nex" had the Sugar Bowl shirts for 14.99 and the SAME one for 17.99.." I got the lesser one...:wink: I hope OTHER were SMART enough to FIND that it was TWO diffrent prices for the SAME shirt..":eek:
I also got me a SALE shirt 50% off.." A green Navy short sleaved shirt.."
I got my hubby and his shipmate the SMALL gift.." I wish I could say what it is..." But, I can't!!
I got this girl from work a CUTE black and white kitty Cell phone dangle.:redface:
I have to post Pictures..."

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK... internet shopping at Christmas might not have been the best idea in the world... :eek:

None of it has arrived yet and half of it is showing a shipping date of 21st Dec. :mad:

That's my sisters, my husbands and half my mothers christmas presents... ooh yes, and the wrapping paper... that doesn't look like its going to make it here in time.... :rolleyes:

And the Nintendo DS I got my nephew has been nabbed by my sister cos apparently she's been trying for weeks to get one for him... that hasn't even got a delivery date on it.... so he's not going to get a pressie from his Mum now, rather than his aunt... oops :redface: