Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I see that it looks like everything is going as the press anticipated in the mid-term elections. The republicans will get one of the houses or maybe the two of them. My question is, what will happen next? What is people waiting (or wishing) to happen with this change in power?

Please let me know.

Thanks

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
^ Don't you mean it's only now just begun? Who do you think bankrolled this "Tea Party" movement?

People who are out there thinking there's going to be "less government" or a sudden change in the economy or jobless rate are in for a rude awakening.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
^ Don't you mean it's only now just begun? Who do you think bankrolled this "Tea Party" movement?

People who are out there thinking there's going to be "less government" or a sudden change in the economy or jobless rate are in for a rude awakening.

No, the right wing will still blame everything on liberals and government.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
one of the things I'll be looking forward to will be the Congressional investigations and inquiries into Obama and his real agenda

hopefully, we'll see genuine movement to impeachment

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
^ You mean his agenda of trying to stop the collapse of our economy. How diabolical of him, eh? LOL

But yep. The New Regime might as well get right down to the business of addressing the needs of the people - in their USUAL self-serving true form.

D

deleted15807

The goal is going to use every branch of the government possible and cost is no object to bring down the president. All one need do is look at what they did to Clinton. They have only one goal: Power, how to retain it and how to get more of it. Governing will not be the goal.

The Obama Administration made a huge mistake in not going after the litany of crimes committed by the Bush Administration. Karl Rove ought to be in Guantanamo but no he's still out there plotting and serving the rich

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
one of the things I'll be looking forward to will be the Congressional investigations and inquiries into Obama and his real agenda

Whatever in the world for?

My god. You're the world's biggest jackass for so completely surrendering any chance at intellectual thought by virtue of such a blind devotion to partisan doctrine-feed. Especially pathetic in light of your obvious Norma Desmond-ish desire to be viewed as some sort of swift politico.

Can we suggest, perhaps, having a go at fantasy football? Maybe some online poker?

Do us all a favor and retire from this section.

LittleButt

Just Browsing
Media
My predictions:

1. The Bag Heads will start investigations into Obama's past, present, future, hopes, dreams, and 3rd grade art project. The "investigations" will last for exactly the number of days Obama has in the White House.
2. The Baggers and the Republicans will be revealed as the same party, different name. Easy way to win back voters you've screwed for decades: don't change the product, change the name.
3. Expect two more years of gridlock. The Republi/Baggers will insist Obama is refusign to cooperate nonpartisanly with their efforts to reform the government, fix the deficit, and impeach the President.
4. Baggers will realize that cutting government spending means reducing the welfare, unemployment, and social security they rely on. Hell to pay.
5. Bagger party dead within 4 years as the Bagheads realize campaign lunacy sounds good until the lunatic gets elected and a corporation buys him/her for Christmas.
6. Jobs go overseas, poor get poorer, rich start roasting orphans for sport,Congress trudges happily along. And the taxpayer wonders WTF happened. Next time don't let a gay man name your political party.

D

deleted15807

Exactly what I mean. Governing will not be on the agenda. Other than degegulation and tax cuts the bag of tricks is empty. They have no intention of pursing the goals they were 'put in office' to do. The voters are not interested in impeachment. You would have thought they learned that lesson with Clinton but you can't keep a bad idea down.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Lets see.............Republicans with a at most 20 seat majority in the house and the minority in the Senate with a democratic President vetoing everything he does not like.......Can you Spell G-R-I-D-L-O-C-K

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Whatever in the world for?

My god. You're the world's biggest jackass for so completely surrendering any chance at intellectual thought by virtue of such a blind devotion to partisan doctrine-feed. Especially pathetic in light of your obvious Norma Desmond-ish desire to be viewed as some sort of swift politico.

Can we suggest, perhaps, having a go at fantasy football? Maybe some online poker?

Do us all a favor and retire from this section.

Maybe "Mr. 100%" shoulda taken a closer look at his home state's Republican Party platform with which MOST of those right wingers he's "looking forward to" are in agreement - in particular that part about recriminalizing sodomy and making gay marriage a felony.

Given that a conservative Congress now gets to ok new appointments to the SCOTUS (an already conservative judicial body) and given the fact that this new conservative political clout may result in the rewriting of laws in other states regarding the same, I'd think he'd be laughing out of his ass in pretty short order.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

If the Republicans try this, it won't take the American people very long to realize that in the last 15 years of American politics --- it's the REPUBLICAN party that crys "impeachment" when they don't get their way. I said this during the Clinton mess ---- "the LAST thing you want to do is put this country into a constitutional crisis." It's why the Democrats didn't cry "impeachment" against GW (and they jolly well could have! -- and with the exception of Dennis Kucinich who nobody took seriously)

I would LOVE for it to be the Republican party that finally brings this nation's government to its knees because every time they lose they cry "impeachment!" ----- now THERE's MONEY and TIME worth spending given the current situation of the nation!! --------- right??????? That may finally be the wake up call for the NATION to realize that the Republicans seem to be soooooooooooooo much better at "whining" about what needs changing than coming up with REAL programs to solve the problems!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight