So...where to meet people?

Media
During my high school years I hung out with friends and had a good social life, when college came around I stayed home while most of my friends went away and I focused hard on my studies. I'll be graduating this semester, eventually getting a job and starting my adult life for the most part. What is it people do about my age, 22? I was in a relationship for almost 3 years until december so I don't really know how to meet new people.

I'm not really talking about hooking up for sex, but like a meaningful relationship I guess. I'm openly bi now and would be open to dating a guy, I really have no idea how that stuff works out though. The only gay/bi guys I know exist on the internet, and I'm pretty bad with girls haha. What are things I can do and new hang out places to boost my chances of meeting someone new? I don't care for the single life but don't have much experience meeting people for relationships.

How do most relationships come about anyway? From watching Frasier and TV it seems everyone just meets randomly and they go on dates, the few relationships I've been in the girls were introduced to me from mutual friends. Has anyone here had success with internet dating?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Maybe I'm not the best one to offer advice, but I'll throw this out for what it is worth, anyway. You meet people everywhere, in all kinds of circumstances. Your best bet in meeting people you can develope something with, male or female, is to do things you enjoy doing, prefereably in some situation that other people are doing the same things. If you like sports, join some pick up team, or join a league. There are clubs and interest groups for about anything, so find the ones that are interesting to you. It gives you an imemdiate connection, and breaks the ice without it being a sexual pressure situation. Relationships happen because people who have mutual chemistry randomly find one another. Your chances improve when you make the effort to be around people in social situations. You have looks, and brains, and a good personality from what I have seen on here---so you have all the necessary tools available to you. Just have to get out there and put them to work for you! Good luck!

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see you reside in New York City. The place where everything and anything happens.

Wow!!!!!

May I suggest that you get out more. Where do you live in relationship to Central Park? Take up jogging!!! Meet people.

What are your hobbies? Find a Club that partakes of your Hobby.

Expose yourself to others - in a covered way. You are certainly in a great place to mix and mingle with others. Let your self be aware of what is around you and enjoy life.

Pradadox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Where do you live in relationship to Central Park? Take up jogging!!! Meet people.

What are your hobbies? Find a Club that partakes of your Hobby.
Actually, i met a man i was with for 3 years on planetout.com . I live in a really rural area so i very rarely get to meet anyone around here if it's not online. I have a list of good gay dating sites that are free to use (for the most part). I know it doesn't entirely help but it's all i know of.

www.adam4adam.com
PlanetOut gay lesbian queer community
MANHUNT.net
DList | DLIST.COM- for the hottest parties, guys and radio!

My other suggestion is to attend events that you really enjoy. If you love baseball, go to some local baseball games, hit someone up talking about the game. The guy above totally has the right idea. I hope this helps! I'll keep thinking about it and let you know if i come up with anything else. :biggrin1: