So who really goes by the urinal etiquette?

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm a gay guy and if there are three urinals and two guys are using the end ones I will use the middle one. I am not, repeat not there to sneak peeks or whatever....I am there to take a leak like they are, I finish my business and leave. There are two urinals where I work with a divider between and it's funny how some guys if I'm at the urinal and the other is free will use the stall. Most don't and will just take the one beside mine to take care of their business but there are a few that simply won't stand next to another guy taking a leak. I don't know what the big deal is anyway.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
as I get older, and I swear my bladder shrinks, sometimes the rules fly out the window- when you gotta go you gotta go!!!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I go into a mens room, I'll take whatever urinal is available. If that means that there will be a guy on both sides of me, then that's what it is. I was pee shy many years ago, but fortunately overcame it.

JacquesValue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think the only fuckup of urinal use is to walk up and not be able to piss desperately when you pull your dick out. Any pause means that pee shy has made an appearance and only gets worse as the clock ticks. Or it means you came for some action. One can be mistaken for the other, but either way, you failed the 'real man' test.

At my office, there are two urinals, with sufficient partition so that you would have to tilt your head in an obvious way to check-out the other guy's stuff. Even so, just the pee-shy factor (the sound) makes it so none of us can pee next to a co-worker. We've written an unspoken rule that the second guy has to use the stall.

I feel like this is a newer concept, and that society is getting more uptight. Of course the Indian coworker is exempt from all this (different cultural rules), and so is anyone from another office.

D

deleted136887

You go to an urinal to take a piss. So you choose the one that's availible. Piss, get out, resume drinking your pint. Simple.

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is nothing whatsoever erotic about public toilets. To me, there is no bigger turn-off! Urinals are there to piss in. I don't care who I'm standing next to... I'm on there to stand, get it out, aim, piss, shake, put away, wash hands and get out. End of. That urinal etiquette shit was written by paranoid homophobes with too much time on their hands!

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Urinals have changed quite a lot in my lifetime. Life was a lot simpler when there was just one long, common pisstrough, as I remember in some old buildings when I was young. (A few survive.) Then there were seperate stations, but still floor length, so it was almost the same. Then somehow urinals came to be little pisspots hung on the wall with partitions between, so narrow that you can barely manipulate your arms to pull it out. What are men (or architects) so ashamed of?

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Urinals have changed quite a lot in my lifetime. Life was a lot simpler when there was just one long, common pisstrough, as I remember in some old buildings when I was young. (A few survive.) Then there were seperate stations, but still floor length, so it was almost the same. Then somehow urinals came to be little pisspots hung on the wall with partitions between, so narrow that you can barely manipulate your arms to pull it out. What are men (or architects) so ashamed of?

Troughs are still pretty common in the UK, at least in bars and clubs. I think part of the popularity of separate urinals is to do with interior design. I know it sounds wanky, but I guess individual units look nicer!

AlexAussie

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I always thought the etiquette was you only went to the middle one if the other two were in use, ie. If there was one guy using the one on the right, you wouldn't go to the one straight next to him unless you had no choice. As for most men take a look/sneak a peek, I don't think that's necessarily true and this site wouldn't be a good judge for it as the people it draws are people who like to compare or who are bi/gay, not necessarily a broad spectrum of the male population.

RookySteve1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've never heard of such a thing as urinal etiquette. No one ever taught me how to behave at a urinal. Maybe someone should write a book about it. Ha!

I don't care how many guys are standing at a urinal. I look for one that is unoccupied, do my business and get out of there. And yes, I wash my hands afterwards.

Last edited: