so who's gonna win the game?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lucky8, Apr 6, 2008.

1. lucky8

Gold Member

kansas vs memphis. surely im not the only bball fan here. who's everyone rooting for? of course, i am rooting for the jayhawks, being that i am a jayhawk. ROCK CHALK!

2. nubian

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Since I reside in the Bluff City, I gotta say:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

3. westy30004

westy30004 New Member

lsu/tenn ladies game was pretty good....just finished....I'm thinking memphis tom. night.

4. yurkon

yurkon New Member

I think kansas will win if they are healthy. I was surprised they were on the verge of letting UNC back in the game.

5. transformer_99

Gold Member

UNC stunk the place up. It was evident that UNC's comeback was because KU was spent. KU had the better game plan. I suspect both teams come out as hard as KU did and whether a days rest for them is enough to play back to back games like that will be interesting to watch. That said, I take Memphis, but if KU comes out and puts a similar 28 points difference in the first half on Memphis, it wouldn't surprise me if they win with that kind of effort again. Memphis seemed to have a more steady game with UCLA, I don't think UCLA would've beaten UNC though. KU impressed me with the way they came out against UNC and even as UNC came closer, got it to single digits, cutting into the 28 point deficit took it's toll on UNC. Not certain/don't recall they ever got even with KU. Sportsline recap says 5 points @ the 9 minute mark was as close as UNC got.

6. transformer_99

Gold Member

After the title game, really at a loss how Memphis let a 9 point lead unravel. They snatched the agony of defeat from the jaws of victory ? I think even they have to go back and watch where it went wrong ? They made enough errors and KU converted on what they needed and before Memphis knew it, they were a starting player short from fouling out and facing OT with no momentum, even self doubt over not being able to finish in regulation what they played 38 minutes to build. KU is a fine team, a very worthy opponent, the team's were well matched this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted