So why did Obama get this anti-gay bigot...

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
and I am going to watch Deadwood.

I don't start many threads, so it would be difficult to come in and "attack" my posts. I usually just respond to things that I find objectionable or outrageous. You seem to imply that there's something untoward about that. But, as you've indicated, this is a political forum. :rolleyes:

I may be sarcastic sometimes. Frankly, I think you take things a little too seriously (or personally?) sometimes. And friendly relations we've had via pm don't need to be undercut by a little sparring in the political forum. At least by my way of thinking. But if you feel I've been out of line, I am open to hearing about it.

In any event, I have no hard feelings. Vive le difference and all that. It would be more boring around here without you, for certain.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It could also be avoided if you wouldn't try to escalate this so-called issue to hysterical proportions. :rolleyes:

The fact is, even with hiring a anti-gay priest to conduct the invocation at his inauguration, Obama himself still has a stance on gay issues that is more positive than negative. Admit it... you're hoping that people would get angry because you're also hoping that most gays & lesbians are expecting Obama to be 100% supportive on everything and anything a homosexual wants. We know damn well that he's not going to throw a bunch of fairy dust around our nation and make homosexuality perfectly acceptable in all walks of life. So stop with the phony outrage. Besides, how naive do you expect gay people to be? Do you know many high profile, pro-gay religious reverends are there in America? Any names come to mind? Don't worry, I'll wait...

In fact, most anti-Obama rhetoric on this board circulates around that very concept... opponents act as if the people who voted for him are expecting him to be 100% supportive of their own personal wants, and that's just impossible.

well look who it is ....DJ Dumb.

I guess i am not on your ignore list huh?

you couldn't ignore me if you tried for some reason...perhaps you have a desperate need of my approval or something, but since you always complain when i "followed" you i find it so strange how you just had to see what i wrote.

so let me respond to your "compelling" post.

1. I asked for opinions. This is not my "so-called issue". you can check CNN to confirm it is not mine. It has obviously gotten you involved enough to hysterical proportions for some reason...obviously enough to take me off your dreaded ignore list. LOL. Sounds like you are hysterical...i just asked what gays thought on this issue....maybe you are just overly dramatic since you can't stay calm and discuss it

2. He did not "hire" him. the guy is not being paid.

3. So what in fact is Obama's stance on gay issues that is more positive than negative? there is only one major issue left on the gay agenda, and that is marriage equality. He does not support it. that is negative.

he claims he will end the "don't ask don't tell" policy in the military...just remember you come back to tell me your thoughts when he cannot deliver that one either...he is going to be in hte exact same position as bill CLinton was, and he will not want to waste any political capital on that minor issue, nor will he want to risk upsetting the military, whose support and confidence he needs considering his lack of a record. he is in thesame boat as the Clintons on that account and as Jim Burroway said today:

This is the same Rick Warren who recently said that the relationships of his “many gay friends” are no different from child rape, incest or polygamy... Warren himself has acknowledged that the only difference between himself and Focus On the Family’s James Dobson is just “a matter of tone.”

Admit it... you're hoping that people would get angry because you're also hoping that most gays & lesbians are expecting Obama to be 100% supportive on everything and anything a homosexual wants.

why would i hope people would get angry? i could care less if you are angry...you are a moron.

I asked for opinions. I made mine known, i wanted to hear others. Angry, Suoortive, irritated, or otherwise. it is said you cannot simply give a straight answer. You are the one turning the thread into a level of hysterics.

all you had to say was " i don't think it was such a big deal". but here you are, hysterically un-ignoring me to wade in and whine.

I have a gay parent, and yes, most homosexuals have a right to expect Obama to be supportive of *IMPORTANT* issues to the gay community considering they supported him overwhelmingly. unfortunately, he does not support the most important ones...i.e. Gay Marriage...and we'll see how the gay community feels when he crumbles on gays in the military issues as well.

We know damn well that he's not going to throw a bunch of fairy dust around our nation and make homosexuality perfectly acceptable in all walks of life.

very cleverly spoken. he is not required to do that...and in fact, he likely won't be doing *ANYTHING* for homosexuality.

So stop with the phony outrage. Besides, how naive do you expect gay people to be? Do you know many high profile, pro-gay religious reverends are there in America? Any names come to mind? Don't worry, I'll wait...

"phony outrage"? interesting. I know no pro-gay religious reverends in america. I don't know virtually any regualr reverends in america...because i am jewish...and i don't care about reverens, or religions, and don't even remember the name of my rabbi.

but of course, if your reading comprehension was above a 6th grade level, i never suggested he take a "pro-gay" reverend...i suggested he choose a simple non-political;, non-confrontational, anonymous pastor from D.C. somewhere.

big difference...let that sink in...i know it is tough...you might have to read.
try and remember what you learned in 3rd grade that has now been lost in a fog of techno-beats and turn-tables.

In fact, most anti-Obama rhetoric on this board circulates around that very concept... opponents act as if the people who voted for him are expecting him to be 100% supportive of their own personal wants, and that's just impossible.

intriguing.
-so i guess when they realize that he is in fact not going to be able to deliver on most of his promises, and he is in fact not exactly the man for "Change We Can Believe In", as opposed to a bit of change back to the type of change that we sort of had in the 90s, but change from Bush, everyone will be thrilled.

Do you moonlight as a political adviser when you are not DJing or advising people on computer software?

do me a favor...put me back on your ignore list, that way i can laugh at you again when you come rushing back, desperate and intrigued enough to see what i have written, so you can get yourself all hysterical again

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't start many threads, so it would be difficult to come in and "attack" my posts.

i did not say you start many threads...what i said was:

"that is your choice....but if you look at the history of our interactions, it is always you who follows me into a thread to critique or criticize...I never follow you in this forum to take issue with you, nor do i ever criticize you except in my own defense..."

You speak plenty in other threads, that is what i referred to when i stated that i never follow you in this forum. You post quite often, and i never take issue with them, although you say plenty of things that i consider could be as you say below "outrageous" or "objectionable", i never come after you. it is always the other way around. I do not look for conflict with you, even when i find things you say to be of the outrageous or objectionable variety

I usually just respond to things that I find objectionable or outrageous. You seem to imply that there's something untoward about that. But, as you've indicated, this is a political forum. :rolleyes:

there is nothing untoward about responding on a political forum...but your contentions of my opinions as "objectionable" or "outrageous", are nothing short of ridiculous. you come after my opinions, you attack them with gusto, most times without facts, but only with your convictions and your opinions (which is your absolute right), then when i defend my opinions clearly, concisely, with intelligent language, and reality based opinions, which may not always be kind or sweet, but are very much real and cold reality, you invariably say the same over and over again, that i am merely parsing text or using clever language, or verbal gymnastics etc...when in fact i am doing nothing of the sort...you seem to dislike being shot straight, which is what i do. When i shoot straight, you say i am brazen, objectionable or outrageous...so i tone it down and speak in complexities, end games, long drawn out discussions and long points and fact citations, which you then discard as machinations or some other such tact.

you seem to not think it fair of me to defend myself and my opinions, either with complexity and the facts i see, orwith straight shooting and cold reality, even if you find it objectioanble, so what is the point of you even debating with me, if all you are going to do is criticize and not listen?

That makes you guilty of exactly what you say i do, which is never back down one iota from what i believe in. You do the same thing, so perhaps you are only recognizing yourself in my postings and maybe that bothers you , since our philosophies are different but you have met someone who can match you intellectually.

I probably agree with you on a great many things, but maybe it bothers you that on certain topics, and you know what they are, you cannot punch holes in my opinions or observations, because they are the truth. I do not pretend that my opinions on Iraq, or Iran, or ISrael, or wealth/economics are nice and fuzzy...they aren't. They are cold, harsh, calculating and real. While you may not agree with them, that does not mean they are wrong. It simply means you do not agree with my policy beliefs. That does not make you right. It means only, that you, like me believe completely in your opinion, and you will not be changing it to suit my comfort...should you expect i do so for you? If you can provide with a place where i am clearly and factually wrong, i will do it and will concede the field...but you haven't done it yet.

I may be sarcastic sometimes. Frankly, I think you take things a little too seriously (or personally?) sometimes.

then perhaps you should change your tone...because you always begin your criticism of my opinions or beliefs with an assault on me personally, with rather annoying regularity.

i have no problem engaging in intelligent, complex discussions as long as they are rational and cordial. but almost always, invariably, you choose to go on the offensive with me right away, just look at #11 and #18 in this thread. Those are mild examples, yet right away, they are condescending, and insulting on a personal level, although i have done nothing of the same to you.

Our interactions always follow the same pattern.

And friendly relations we've had via pm don't need to be undercut by a little sparring in the political forum. At least by my way of thinking. But if you feel I've been out of line, I am open to hearing about it.

there is a difference between a little "sparring" and discussion. You may feel free to discuss with me whatever you wish, but there is a rather sizeable gulf between what passes for "sparring" here and what passes for discussion.

In any event, I have no hard feelings. Vive le difference and all that. It would be more boring around here without you, for certain.

now, if you will excuse me, i am going to play Pandemic 2, and wipe out humanity.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So you want me to be nicer. And to avoid disagreeing. What's the fun in that?

I'll try to be more polite.

i never said you should avoid disagreeing....or even be polite, just that there is no need to be instantly and consistently insulting when you want to broach a topic with me.

it puts you down on the level of Vinyl Boy, where you don't belong.

Vinyl boy is a moron, who, when he is not DJing, seems to enjoy insulting and being insulted by me.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
well look who it is ....DJ Dumb.

Love you too, shit for brains! Let's see what garbage you have for us tonight.

I guess i am not on your ignore list huh? you couldn't ignore me if you tried for some reason...perhaps you have a desperate need of my approval or something, but since you always complain when i "followed" you i find it so strange how you just had to see what i wrote.

For the sake of the stupid, let's explain how web forum technology works, shall we? Even though your name is on ignore, it only blocks your initial posts. If someone quotes you, then that isn't blocked. I know what you said because SilverTrain quoted you. But maybe, if you would just stop talking I may not see anything from you at all? But I know you can't shut your hole, so let's continue shall we?

so let me respond to your "compelling" post.

Awww, you shouldn't have! Really you shouldn't. It'll only make you look more stupid.

1. I asked for opinions. This is not my "so-called issue". you can check CNN to confirm it is not mine. It has obviously gotten you involved enough to hysterical proportions for some reason

You overestimate your influence on this board. Me? Hysterical? Even though you said it three times already, the answer is no. But you are trying to put your feet in the high heels of a gay man with some of your rhetoric, acting as if you would have been outraged at Obama's choice of reverend for the inauguration (as your thread title suggests). And unless you want to admit to sucking dick and liking it, I'd suggest you leave the gay thoughts to the homosexuals.

...obviously enough to take me off your dreaded ignore list. LOL.

You're still there. Congrats!

i just asked what gays thought on this issue....maybe you are just overly dramatic since you can't stay calm and discuss it

And I posted my response. So sorry if my gay mind doesn't agree with your rhetoric.

He did not "hire" him. the guy is not being paid.

Has it come to this? Are you really overanalyzing my posts to find the slightest ASCII characters out of place to call me out on? How desperate do you need to be to prove a point? You know exactly what my argument is, so stick on topic and stop sweating the small stuff. Oh yeah, that's right... the fact that I called you out ALREADY has you sweating. Again, my deepest condolences for adding to your forum paranoia. But please, DO continue with your rhetoric.

3. So what in fact is Obama's stance on gay issues that is more positive than negative? there is only one major issue left on the gay agenda, and that is marriage equality. He does not support it. that is negative.

And this is why you should stop trying to wear the shoes of the gay man. Pay attention sometimes because you may learn something from a dick sucker. Just because "Gay Marriage" is the hot topic, it doesn't mean that it's the ONLY topic when dealing with gay rights. That's something a clueless straight man such as yourself CANNOT see. How about we go to ontheissues.org, one of my favorite sites for destroying political rhetoric and see how Barack Obama stands on ALL gay related issues. Pay attention to the bold print:

Opposes CA Prop. 8, one-man-one-woman marriage. (Jul 2008)
Being gay or lesbian is not a choice. (Nov 2007)
Decisions about marriage should be left to the states. (Oct 2007)
Homosexuality no more immoral than heterosexuality. (Oct 2007)
Ok to expose 6-year-olds to gay couples; they know already. (Sep 2007)
Has any marriage broken up because two gays hold hands? (Aug 2007)
We need strong civil unions, not just weak civil unions. (Aug 2007)
Legal rights for gays are conferred by state, not by church. (Aug 2007)
Disentangle gay rights from the word “marriage”. (Aug 2007)
Gay marriage is less important that equal gay rights. (Aug 2007)
Gay rights movement is somewhat like civil rights movement. (Aug 2007)
Let each denominations decide on recognizing gay marriage. (Jul 2007)
Pass ENDA and expand hate crime legislation. (Mar 2007)
Opposed 1996 Illinois DOMA bill. (Mar 2007)
Supports health benefits for gay civil partners. (Oct 2006)

Opposes gay marriage; supports civil union & gay equality. (Oct 2006)
Marriage not a human right; non-discrimination is. (Oct 2004)
Include sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws. (Jul 1998)

At this point, if you can't figure out that Obama's stance on gay related issues is more positive than negative, then you need to go back to school and learn how to debate.

he claims he will end the "don't ask don't tell" policy in the military...just remember you come back to tell me your thoughts when he cannot deliver that one either...

I'm not holding my breath. That's because a bunch of paranoid straight men who think every gay man is out to convert them will always oppose it. So if it gets overturned then that's great. If not, then we continue to move forward. It'll get overturned eventually. And every step forward, even if it's a small one, is one step closer to the resolution. You, of course, cannot comprehend this. You'd only see this as a broken promise and think we should all be acting as if the sky is falling. I can only imagine the fit you must've thrown when mommy and daddy told you there was no such thing as Santa... before you went off to your Senior Prom. :rolleyes:

he is going to be in hte exact same position as bill CLinton was, and he will not want to waste any political capital on that minor issue,

To correct you (again),
Clinton tried to reverse the ban of Gays In the Military, and "Don't Ask Don't Tell" was the result. It was a compromise that was drawn up because of the opposition of homophobes who thought the military would crumble if gay men were openly admitted. And yes, even as a gay man I wouldn't want my president obsessed over just one isolated gay issue. Clinton didn't abandon it. He knew with the situation that he would never be able to budge the opposition and acted accordingly. Major difference.

Obama may have to do the same, and I'm more than prepared for it.

4. why would i hope people would get angry? i could care less if you are angry...you are a moron.

Being called a moron from an idiot doesn't count. :biggrin1:

I asked for opinions.

Sure you did. But it seems as if you were looking more for a particular response than an honest answer. Which is why you titled the topic in this fashion, attempting to seem like you care about gay issues when you really don't. And when the response isn't what you expected you fought back with more rhetoric. You wouldn't make a good gay boy. Thank God nobody tried to convert you.

I have a gay parent

Good for you. Wanna cookie? :rolleyes:

and yes, most homosexuals have a right to expect Obama to be supportive of *IMPORTANT* issues to the gay community considering they supported him overwhelmingly.

ALL the issues surrounding gay equality are important. Not just Gay Marriage. That's something you can't understand because you don't have to live the life of a gay man or lesbian woman. Doesn't matter if one of your parents is gay.

unfortunately, he does not support the most important ones...i.e. Gay Marriage...and we'll see how the gay community feels when he crumbles on gays in the military issues as well.

That's two issues out of how many? :rolleyes:
I'll let you know exactly how the gay community will feel. We'll bitch, but then we'll get over it and move on. We always have. Because we know that it takes a lot more than a president that supports a radical idea to get a measure passed.

You still can't get over the fact that Obama won the election.

5. very cleverly spoken. he is not required to do that...and in fact, he likely won't be doing *ANYTHING* for homosexuality.

He already has. Of course you wouldn't know because you're too busy waiting in a wedding dress at the altar, standing next to your Marine Buddy eagerly anticipating the rite to matrimony. IGNORING all of the issues that form gay rights.

"phony outrage"?

Yes, exactly. You're not gay and you certainly have not demonstrated any ounce of understanding. So why pretend?

interesting. I know no pro-gay religious reverends in america. I don't know virtually any regualr reverends in america...because i am jewish

Being Jewish doesn't excuse you from being a rabid idiot. But please continue.

...and i don't care about reverens, or religions, and don't even remember the name of my rabbi.

Which makes your argument about this even more ridiculous.
So, let's review... you're not gay and you're not even Christian. Yet you're INTERESTED in Gay Rights and whether or not we should be pissed off about a Reverend that YOU don't care about playing a major part in Obama's inauguration? Again... STOP with the phony outrage. You've clearly admitted that you don't give a shit. :rolleyes:

but of course, if my reading comprehension was above a 6th grade level,

Corrected that for you. I understand you may have a problem with pronouns here and there. Or anything "pro" to begin with. :rolleyes:

Do you moonlight as a political adviser when you are not DJing or advising people on computer software?

No, I occasionally moonlight as a social nuisance to ignorant, bigoted, shallow-minded, flame baiting pricks. And there's plenty of freelance opportunity in the Politics forums thanks to people like you. This is one job that won't go away due to the recession. :rolleyes:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i never said you should avoid disagreeing....or even be polite, just that there is no need to be instantly and consistently insulting when you want to broach a topic with me.

it puts you down on the level of Vinyl Boy, where you don't belong.

Vinyl boy is a moron, who, when he is not DJing, seems to enjoy insulting and being insulted by me.

Instantly and consistently insulting. That's how you're characterizing my posting history. After I've tried to be conciliatory.

And then you go on to insult both Vinylboy and I.

Whatever.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Instantly and consistently insulting. That's how you're characterizing my posting history. After I've tried to be conciliatory.

And then you go on to insult both Vinylboy and I.

Whatever.

To his defense... Flashy doesn't like to be on the recipient end of an intellectual bukkake so I'd expect him to react violently when smart people put him in a corner and try to talk sense into him. :biggrin1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
how in the shit can you not know who rick warren is

Even I didn't know who he was before this was announced.
That's because I don't make it a point to know about every person that hates me, my ideals or the fact that I actually breathe & speak takes away from their fantasy that I could actually be dead.

Did you know Rick Warren before he was chosen to do the prayer at the inauguration? Be truthful now! Reverends hate it when you lie! :biggrin1:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay guys, come here, I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

No, come closer....closer....too close, your breath smells like latex, back up an inch or two.

Perfect.

*whispers*

Obama isn't a Messiah, he's a politician. They will shake anyone's hand if it means winning over a few fans. Obama got Warren to pray at his inauguration to shut up his the whiny-ass conservatives who, admittedly, did help him win the election.

I'm not happy about it either, but I'm not going to break up with Obama, he's just sleeping on the couch tonight. At the end of the day I don't think this is going to affect his policies or how he's going to run the country. I'm satisfied with his voting record on gay rights as well as the VP he chose.

He didn't make Warren his chief of staff or chief advisor, the man is just saying a fucking prayer at Obama's inauguration (which will also feature a gay marching band).

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I just watched Obama give a press conference this morning.

He said that he has always been a fierce advocate for gay and lesbian rights and will continue to do so.

He also said that although he and Rick Warren disagree on many issues regarding gay and lesbian rights, that they can disagree without being disagreeable. That a major point of his presidency is "opening up the dialogue".

This whole "flap" over an "anti-gay bigot" speaking at the inauguration is a tempest in a teapot. Rick Warren is a moderate christian who believes that marriage is between one man and one woman. He is also a very tolerant guy. I trust Obama. He's the first american president who comfortably talks about gay issues.

TRUST OBAMA, people. He's given you no reason not to.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just watched Obama give a press conference this morning.

He said that he has always been a fierce advocate for gay and lesbian rights and will continue to do so.

He also said that although he and Rick Warren disagree on many issues regarding gay and lesbian rights, that they can disagree without being disagreeable. That a major point of his presidency is "opening up the dialogue".

This whole "flap" over an "anti-gay bigot" speaking at the inauguration is a tempest in a teapot. Rick Warren is a moderate christian who believes that marriage is between one man and one woman. He is also a very tolerant guy. I trust Obama. He's the first american president who comfortably talks about gay issues.

TRUST OBAMA, people. He's given you no reason not to.

Nicely said.
Rick Warren video.

"I don't have a problem with equal rights for all people, in fact I'm in favor of that.... I just do simply appose redefining marriage"

"gay hate speech- well I'm apposed to that."

Perhaps not the most ideal choice, but acceptable.

Last edited:

B_allthebest

Just Browsing
Media
In fact, i would rather there be no religion whatsoever at the inauguration of our nation's president. A christian does not speak for me as a Jew, so why would i want someone who does not represent my religion speaking as the "de-facto" national religion?

We are Christian nation with a secular government. Even more so as a Jew I would think you would be pleased by that fact.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am gay, but some fags need to get over it! You are not the center of the universe! You cannot have everything that you want right away.

You are members of a minority group that was once widely despised. You are different than the vast majority of people on this planet, and a serious challenge to one of the pillars (religion) upon which human societies have been built, at least in the Western world, for centuries. Change doesn't happen overnight. Gay people in this country now have it better than they've ever had it before. TRY to look at the bigger picture.

And why, pray tell, does your self-esteem depend on what other people think of you or upon their approval?!

Last edited: