So you want to go to Cape Town

D

deleted3782

...Are you a South African? You seem to know so much about it. I am a South African, lived on Main Road in St James, between Muizenberg and Kalk Bay. What a fantastic city Cape Town is. UCT is my alma mata...

I'm sure you saw Kalk Bay in one of the pics from Fish Hoek. I'm a North Carolinian but this was my first visit and I had a great guide who was local. It makes a difference to have a great guide!

Thanks you exwhyzee, this made my morning.
Dave

Oh cool, I'm glad! :biggrin1:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ex, Thanks so much once again for sharing what seems like a very interesting trip and for your tutorial in pictures. I have told you before how grateful I am for these ever so belief moments of escape from the norm.

Redwyvre

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Love your pics. I'm impressed. (I know sounds like you've posted pictures of your cock). No honest this was fun to read. My partner and I visited SA in '96 so this brought back lots of good memories of a very beautiful, very complicated country. Have you read Michener's The Covenant?
We made several lasting friendships with folks we met on that trip and yes I was almost killed by a baboon. He didn't like me taking pictures of his gf.

D

deleted3782

If I may axe: What camera [kamera] do you use?

Just a little Canon PowerShot SD600...I'd really love to get a wider angle though, I can't fit all my scenes into my camera.

Ex, Thanks so much once again for sharing what seems like a very interesting trip and for your tutorial in pictures.

I'm a gemini...we are, they say, teachers. :biggrin1:

Have you read Michener's The Covenant?

According to Amazon:
"Adventurers, scoundrels and missionaries. The best and worst of two continents carve an empire out of the vast wilderness that is to become South Africa. For hundreds of years, their rivalries and passions spill across the land. From the first Afrikaners to the powerful Zulu nation, and the missionaries who lived with both--all of them will influence and take part in the wars and politics that will change a nation forever.
THE COVENANT: generations of people who forge a new world in a story of adventure and heroism, love and loyalty, cruelty and betrayal."

One of my favorite books is Chesapeake...love Michener. I will get this book yesterday...thanks for the recommendation! :cool:

Bikerchiki

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just had to say WOW........ awesome post promoting my wonderful city! You've taught me a thing or two lol (strictly history - has never been my forte) ........... I've been to most of the place you've mentioned as well and they surely are worth seeing for real! I don't think I could ever bring myself to leave Cape Town permanently and my wish is for everyone in the world to have the opportunity to experience the wonder of Cape Town at least once in their lifetime............. yeah tall order, I know lol but no harm in dreaming

D

deleted3782

Have you read Michener's The Covenant?

Finished it last week. Awesome book, thanks for the recommendation. I owe ya for that. :wink:

I don't think I could ever bring myself to leave Cape Town permanently and my wish is for everyone in the world to have the opportunity to experience the wonder of Cape Town at least once in their lifetime............. yeah tall order, I know lol but no harm in dreaming

Yesterday morning I had to get up very early before dawn, and as the sky was brightening on my drive to work...for about 20 minutes a jagged cloud formation low on the horizon looked just like the mountain range east of Cape Town near Stellenbosch. That really brought back memories for me...I'd go back in a minute if it wasn't so far away and pricey! Glad you recognize what a cool place you live in.