Soap everywhere? Or just on smelly parts?

swing_low

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When you take a shower, do you use soap/body wash all over your whole body, or just certain parts (pits, crotch, ass, feet)? I have really dry skin sometimes (esp. in the wintertime), and have been thinking about only using water on the majority of my body since like 80% of your body really doesn't create bad smells. Of course, I'll still be using deodorant afterwards. What do you guys think? Is this crazy?

swing_low

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lol @ the "dangly bits". honestly it turns me on when a guy is very low maintenance. so if i saw my boyfriend (if i had one) hop in the shower and just hit the pits and ass crack, run some water through his hair, and then get out i'd be all over him.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you should wash all over your body cause you can get stuff stuck on your skin that you may not see and could cause problems later. I get that shampoo/bodywash and soap my head first, then with my soapy hands get pits and cock and then arms and legs and wash everywhere a bit, and my showers usually only last a few minutes but i'm squeaky clean.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I don't shampoo daily, my hair looks too greasy to me. But my back skin dries out in the winter, so no soap except shampoo touches it, and Keri Lotion goes on it afterward. Otherwise, a moisterizing soap goes on my pits, crotch and ass. My feet are usually neglected, and they don't seem to smell or suffer.

I guess I have "compound skin".:biggrin1:

Getting9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Soap all over under the shower for six days and an oil bath on the seventh day (specially in winter). Stops the skin drying out and stops the itchy feeling on the skin.

spike

Cherished Member
Media
Ya dude. I was everything whenever I shower. 5ish days a week on average.

If ur gonna take a shower...might as well go all out.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a freak about hygiene, and paranoid of odor. My game plan would be to shower thoroughly with a wash cloth and body wash and then use lotion for the dry skin where needed.

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pits, pooper and paws, baby. I don't bother with the rest 75% of the time...And I use a soap which cleans without stripping the skin of oils that are supposed to be there. The only moisturizer I use is Johnson's unscented baby oil.

People that are 'paranoid' about odor should understand that we are animals. There's certain chemical messengers that are contained in your natural smell (I didn't say your natural stink) that are supposed to be there.

I use a different routine for my face of course, to combat the ravages of daily shaving.

fun30013

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry got to chime in as an RN. You need to clean your entire body daily to remove bacteria and pollutants. For those with skin issues many great natural moisturizing soaps are available. If you have dry skin avoid the use of a washcloth and use a good non scented moisturizing soap like [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]Dove, Olay and Basis. Even better than soap are skin cleansers such as Cetaphil Lotion, Oilatum-AD and Aquanil.

We live in a world full of pollutants and our pours get clogged with this crap, so in all you may be doing more harm then good by not removing them daily with a short luke warm shower and rather then using a towel to dry off air dry, then apply a good lotion like
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana] Cetaphil Cream, Moisturel Cream, or Eucerin Cream. If you have severely dry skin, apply an oil to the still moist skin such as Neutrogena Light Sesame Oil, Hermal Body Oil, Alpha-Keri Oil or Robathol, then apply a moisturizing cream and also apply the moisturizer at bedtime.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth!!
[/FONT]

uncutblond34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dry out and during the winter here in TN, but I shower every day. The one thing I found that keeps me from getting dry and itchy is to use Kirk's Castile soap. Its all natural, no man made compounds in it, coconut based, and doesnt have a heavy scent. I get it at the local grocery store and it's about $1.25 a bar. My arms and hands get Gold Bond Ultimate Shea Butter lotion at bedtime.Keeps me from itching and looking "ashy".

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's actually a good strategy.

Better strategy: start using body oil or lotion or whatever after a winter-time shower. While you're still wet, rub a little bit all over.

Feels good, no more tight, dry uncomfortable feeling. And it leaves your skin really smooth - whoever you give the right to touch you all over will appreciate it whether he or she knows what you're doing or not.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I have eczema on my hands and feet, so I have been told to shower ever other day and just soap the pits, crotch, cock and hallways ass.

I use Gar soap which is a handmade soap from Syria which contains Laurel and is made from olive oil, I have extremely dry delicate skin with some very tiny patches of eczema type irritations, so I use this soap because is contains no harsh surfactants or sulfates it's moisturising by leaves you clean with no horrid cheap perfumy smells. Ugarit Natural Soap - Olive Oil soap - Laurel Soap - Bentonite soap - Aleppo Syria

I also use La Roche Posay Lipikar body milk - Lipikar Body Milk, Lipikar by La Roche-Posay which is extremely mild and very emoliant (it contains lots of Shea butter), and is so I'm told very good for people with Eczema. It doesn't leave you all sticky and greasy either.