Soap Operas?

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:rolleyes: Years ago when I was still living at home and working the evening shift, there were two shows in particular that my mom would watch. They were The Doctors and Another World. Today I record and watch the best soap on TV which is The Young and the Restles. Best actors and storylines by far. Does anyone remember Peyton Place with Barbara Parkins, Dorothy Malone, Mia Farrow, Chris Connelly, Ryan O'neal, and Ruth Warrick who played Fibi Tyler on All My Children. I think she passed away a couple of years ago. She was older than God.:redface:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hot-rod said:
Ruth Warrick who played Fibi Tyler on All My Children. I think she passed away a couple of years ago. She was older than God.:redface:

Well, if not quite older than God, she was 89. :rolleyes:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Gillette said:
My interest in a given soap opera is usually the kiss of death.

Faves have been Another World.....

I used to enjoy Days of Our Lives but I just couldn't watch Marlena possessed....again

Ha, I feel the same way!:biggrin1:

During summer vacation from school, my siblings and I would get hooked on "Days" and Another World. Whenever school rolled back around, we sometimes would 'ditch' school just to keep up with those two shows!:redface::biggrin1: (We had no VCR!:redface:)

I hated so much when Another World went off the air!:mad: I had grown disinterested with it, but it was still a fond memory of my early childhood and of time spent with my siblings. I just hated to see it go! :(

My sisters and I (no longer my brother, though!:biggrin1:) still watch Days of Our Lives whenever we can. You're right though - it HAS gotten so ridiculous, at so many different times - that I only just enjoy watching it for Austin Peck now!:biggrin1::wink:

Oh yeah, I've gotten so rich now - that I can record "Days" to DVD!:rolleyes:

Occasionally!:biggrin1:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Shelby said:
This is a trippy soap.:eek:

dcwrestlefan said:
Dark Shadows rocked. The acting was so bad, it made it more fun to watch.

Yes it was trippy AND full of bad acting!:biggrin1:

I also loved that (since it was a live broadcast), you would catch the occasional boom mic in the shot, or line slip!:biggrin1: I watched it when it was in re-runs on the Sci-Fi channel, early in the mornings. I also LOVE House of Dark Shadows! (The movie) That was a little better, but still had sort of a 'strange' feel and look to it!:rolleyes:

Pecker said:
I love horrorible shows.

Pecker, I just wanted to slip in your post, cause it was funny!:smile:

Also, I recently found out that my MOM actually used to watch Dark Shadows, when it originally aired!:biggrin1: I loved learning that about my mom! It was so cool and funny to think that SHE would of ever been interested in THAT sort of show!:biggrin1:

I LOVE you mom! (I sure as hell hope she'll never see THIS!:tongue:)

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you ever noticed that Soap Opera guys never actually talk like "real life" guys? Example: "Oh my darling, I care for you so." No man worth his jockstrap would ever be caught uttering syrupy sap like that to a woman. Soap opera guys never speak in good old colloquial English of the "hey babe, on the way out of the kitchen get me a Sam Adams beer from the 'fridge" genre. In my opinion, Soap Opera guys are so busy blow-drying their hair and coordinating their fashionable wardrobes they are secretly more interested in each other than with Soap opera women.:biggrin1:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
RoysToy said:
Who's your favorite shirtless dude? The guy playing Migeiul (sp?) is my eye candy. Speaking of hawt! Damn!

YES! Adrian Bellani. :eek: The new Miguel.

The one who took Jesse Metcalfe's place.

He's ON FIRE!

thirteenbyseven said:
Have you ever noticed that Soap Opera guys never actually talk like "real life" guys? Example: "Oh my darling, I care for you so." No man worth his jockstrap would ever be caught uttering syrupy sap like that to a woman.

I believe I used precisely that terminology to my "man" last night when he told me he was whisking me off for two days this coming week.

Guess I've lost my jockstrap....

Oh wait. We were talking hetero dialogue here? Geez ladies. Sorry those dudes are unable to express genuine emotion.:redface:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THough not addicted, I have seen them by default all of my life. Going back to childhood and the following defunct shows:

Secret Storm
The Edge of Night
Another World
Somerset
Texas
Santa Barbara

I now watch when I am at home for the day, Y&R, B&B, ATWT.

I do remember hearing the theme from Peyton Place drifting through the walls when I was very tiny as I supposed to be sleeping away...

Reactions: Dark Horse

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
thirteenbyseven said:
Have you ever noticed that Soap Opera guys never actually talk like "real life" guys? Example: "Oh my darling, I care for you so." No man worth his jockstrap would ever be caught uttering syrupy sap like that to a woman. Soap opera guys never speak in good old colloquial English of the "hey babe, on the way out of the kitchen get me a Sam Adams beer from the 'fridge" genre. In my opinion, Soap Opera guys are so busy blow-drying their hair and coordinating their fashionable wardrobes they are secretly more interested in each other than with Soap opera women.:biggrin1:

Yeah, yeah, OK!:tongue:

Perhaps they do act more like pusses, than real men!:biggrin1: But they are
sooo fine, it makes up for it. Believe me!:wink: As to your opinion - I sure
hope it's correct, 'cause I'd like to have a chance at a few of these
guys!:biggrin1::wink:

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe I used precisely that terminology to my "man" last night when he told me he was whisking me off for two days this coming week.

Guess I've lost my jockstrap....

Oh wait. We were talking hetero dialogue here? Geez ladies. Sorry those dudes are unable to express genuine emotion.:redface:[/QUOTE]

LOL Stronso, I visialize you in this Cape Cod-like historical home, driving a 1935 Dusenberg on a weekend antique outing. On the other hand, I am striving to evolve beyond the Atilla the Hun stage. Yesterday I successfully used a knife, fork and cutlery.

stephen1272

Experimental Member
Media
Well I guess, I must be the ultimate soap opera fanatic, and I will admit, I'm addicted. It reminds me of all my early years with my family. All of us would sit together and watch the soaps. I even remember my sisters making me sit in front of the tv when they were at school and having me record it on audio cassette. To this day, I am still addicted. My favorite soap of all time has to be "Guiding Light"; however, I do watch the entire CBS Lineup. I record them every day. I must say that people tend to think that I must do nothing but watch tv, but I catch up on my days off, and also, it takes so much less time to watch all 4, "The Young and the Restless", "The Bold and the Beautiful", "As The World Turns", and "Guiding Light", because of losing the commercials. A side note, in case some of you did not know this, "Guiding Light" is the longest running, still airing new episodes, broadcast program in history. It started on radio in 1937 and moved to television in 1952, subsequently airing both radio and tv for a couple of years. I'm very passionate about, as my mom would say, "My shows". I also try and watch "Coronation Street", the UK soap, except that we are about 8 months behind here in the states so I tend to see all the spoilers ahead of time.

Reactions: Dark Horse

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
YES! Adrian Bellani. :eek: The new Miguel.

The one who took Jesse Metcalfe's place.

He's ON FIRE!:redface:

Thanks, Stronz. Now the door is open for me to search for more info on the dude. I've never cared much for the name "Adrian", but knowing that guy has it just might make it one of my new favorites. I'm waiting for the time I get a chance to see his tight little ass naked and catch a glimpse of his penis. Its size would make not a bit of difference. It's likely as beautiful as he is.

T

that_other_guy

Stronzo said:
HA! Pecker this is great.

I watch Passions because of its kitsch factor.

Juliet Mills has a recurring role. Beyond that they're enough shirtless dudes in the thing to make me bust a nut without direct stimulation.

I don't watch it religiously or anything ... but I do enjoy Passions when I watch it :cool: