soccer or basketball

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Basketball always, soccer never.

I can't figure out if this question is about relationships, discrimination or jealousy. :confused: I guess maybe women discriminate and prefer relationships with basketball players making soccer players jealous. :tongue:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To me of course Futebol/soccer

(and the majority of population of the world too)... :grinning-smiley-003

D_PlankWilliams

1st Like
Media
Even though I grew up playing both sports I am going to have to go with basketball. After all I am american so i have to be unique from the rest of the world. jk:biggrin1: It is interesting to note the growing popularity of soccer/football in the US I wonder how long it will be before it is as popular as baseball and football.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
juice said:
NEITHER!

Hockey!!!!

LMAO! I agree with the sentiment.

But to answer the question, I should go with soccer over basketball. It requires more athleticism, endurance, mental toughness, and teamwork. I don’t like couch potato sports, though basketball is certainly significantly less a couch potato sport than baseball or football (North American). Of the two sports that are the subject of this thread, soccer requires more traits that I respect in a sport.

However, since I am a good, red-blooded American, I have been socialized to enjoy spitting into the eyes of the rest of the world. Therefore, I’ll go with basketball.

As to which I actually play more? Neither. See the top of my post.

Inter Ested

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i live in germany and so its soccer of course. the mexican national team lives in my town now and there is fiesta from dusk till dawn every day. the whole country is partying till 9/07. lots of fun, though the german nationalists are making me sick.

soccer, not basketball...:rolleyes:

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Got to be soccer

did anybody else have a problem with the big guy, slipping out down your the leg of your shorts while you were playing? lol

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
With all due respect to Basketball which is a great street game that anyone can play, Football has so many more possibilities though the theories of both games are pretty much the same.

The US played their hearts out yesterday, but have you noticed that the great American public can't get too interested in anything unless they are winning/beating everyone else.

pk23832002

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
soccer!!! ive played all my life and it disappoints me that usa is ranked 4th in the world and still no one will notice. if they won the cup people wouldnt kno until they saw the shirts on sale in malls.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The US played their hearts out yesterday, but have you noticed that the great American public can't get too interested in anything unless they are winning/beating everyone else.

Why are you English people so snotty all the time, lol.
I'm just joking around, you know, but it seems like the half the comments made by Brittish members have some kind of remark explaining, or implying that Americans are, bad, or more arrogant, or less classy than everybody else, lol.

I came here from Europe when I was a kid, and I think America is great!

I do get the same attitude a lot from people my age who stayed there, and even sometimes from Europeans here. What is the deal with that?
Could it just be thinly veiled jealousy? :)

tinychris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Inter Ested said:
the whole country is partying till 9/07. lots of fun, though the german nationalists are making me sick.
Yeah, there's a awesome party goin on right now in Germany. But I have not seen anything unappropriate by german nationalists. In my opinion the spirit is very good. Quite according to the slogan "It's time to make friends!"

btw: I like playing basketball muc more

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MattBrick said:
Why are you English people so snotty all the time, lol.
I'm just joking around, you know, but it seems like the half the comments made by Brittish members have some kind of remark explaining, or implying that Americans are, bad, or more arrogant, or less classy than everybody else, lol.

I came here from Europe when I was a kid, and I think America is great!

I do get the same attitude a lot from people my age who stayed there, and even sometimes from Europeans here. What is the deal with that?
Could it just be thinly veiled jealousy? :)

Too easy Matt - why not refute the observation - because it was just that - not a judgment.