Social commentary about the movie Jackass 2

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright, sounds weird, a social commentary on such a fucked up movie. I admit laughing my ass of at certain parts and cringing at most.
I'm not going to get into what these guys in the movie are doing for the money and how ridiculous it it.

What I would like to talk about is one skit in the movie. For those of you who have not seen the movie, I'll explain what happened in this skit.
Johnny Knoxville dressed up as an old lady. He looked very convincing, in a rubber mask. He had fake old lady boobs, hanging down, and they looked real. So the "funny" about this is that "she" walks around with "her" robe open, fake breasts totally exposed. Down busy streets, talking with people and even once sits down at a sidewalk cafe.
My issue is this : the people treated her as a leper. Didn't try to help her. No one tried to close her shirt for her. She sat down with some ladies at that cafe I was talking about, and they completely ignored her. A female server eventually came out with a large PAPER TABLECLOTH to cover her. Now these ladies she was sitting with, one of them wore a sweater over a t-shirt. Most of the people walking around were layered with a sweater or a light jacket.
Does anyone else see what is wrong with this?
I know this skit was supposed to be funny, but all it did was make me angry. I know "she" was just Johnny dressed up to look like an old lady. But, what if she was real?

I think this skit clearly showed the apathy in our society. It made me ashamed of those people "she" approached. Hopefully, there were lots that tried to help her and that didn't make good film so they edited it out. I hope so, but I doubt it.
The way the elderly, children and people with mental disabilities are treated in our society makes me nauseous and angry.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
He had fake old lady boobs, hanging down, and they looked real. So the "funny" about this is that "she" walks around with "her" robe open, fake breasts totally exposed. Down busy streets, talking with people and even once sits down at a sidewalk cafe.
My issue is this : the people treated her as a leper. Didn't try to help her. No one tried to close her shirt for her.

I think this skit clearly showed the apathy in our society. It made me ashamed of those people "she" approached. Hopefully, there were lots that tried to help her and that didn't make good film so they edited it out. I hope so, but I doubt it.
The way the elderly, children and people with mental disabilities are treated in our society makes me nauseous and angry.

I believe you are correct in that thought re: the editing. They would edit out those who tried to help her.

In N.P. we do have a few mentally ill adults whose relatives prefer that they not be institutionalized. They wander about near housing areas where their relations live. And only some of these persons typically are in a state of undress.

I remember one man who used to sit on a wall, laugh and wave at passers by. Only his upper body was clothed. It didn't take long for the authorities to "put him away". Then there was a flat chested woman in our area that walked about with her chest exposed. No one seemed to mind as she had a mannish appearance.
Lastly there was a man who had a good physique who wore naught but a pair of over sized shorts that would slip down as far as his crotch, possibly further. Someone donated a better fitting shorts to him and that was that.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Our world has gone down the drain lately, as far as helping others is concerned. My uncle just turned 70. Several months ago, he was at the Chicago airport and started having a really severe dizzy spell, which isn't something he had ever experienced before. He sort of collapsed on the floor from his inability to stand up properly, and started throwing up. He laid on the floor of the airport for almost 2 hours throwing up into a nearby trashcan before he could finally make it to a pay phone. He called my father and asked him to call the airport and have them send someone out to help him. (I guess there weren't any employees around? I don't know.) Later, after being taken to the hospital, my uncle told my father and I that no one offered to help, and that most people probably figured he was just some homeless drunk with nowhere else to go. That pissed me off pretty good.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think people did suspect it was a set up or that it had been edited, I've seen people glance away and hurry past when they saw people who needed help, I think people are scared to interfere in case they get in some sort of trouble, I'm a congenital interferer, I always hope that if it was me or one of my family who needed help someone would offer it, so because of that I always offer help.