Social Cruelty Might be a Learned Behavior

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That was a very telling story Nick8.
It's unfortunate that many here aren't as honest as you've been.
I think it scares the shit out of them to "tell the truth"
so they lie.
They lie as if their very lives depepend on it.
At least their lives here anyway.
cigarbabe:saevil:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's such an old expression that it seems too trite, but children must be taught to learn to hate. As for sociopaths, by defnition, they do not automatically hate everything. Instead, their condition is one where they create their own rules for their own realities -- sometimes in accordance with societal norms but more often circumventing them.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, it's hurtful when a group of angry people gather around a certain person and attempt to bully them. Ironically, that is what seems to be happening in this very "social cruelty" thread!

I was never picked on by peers as a kid. I have been beaten up a few times, but I asked for it. I usually won my fights :biggrin1:

I suppose that you can hurt somebody in many ways, whether you push them to the ground or just spread horrible lies about them. As a child, I was never a victim of this. I guess I got off lucky.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Several studies with twins have shown that psychopathic tendencies have a strong genetic component. Borderline Personality Disorder has also been shown to have a (probably) weaker genetic component. And there's other research.

I’ll bet that in decades to come, we will see more and more proof that quite a number of personality and character traits are highly inheritable.
Not to say that environment has no role.
Only that we should not underestimate the role of heredity.
We are probably much less tabula rasa than we think.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, it's hurtful when a group of angry people gather around a certain person and attempt to bully them. Ironically, that is what seems to be happening in this very "social cruelty" thread!

I was never picked on by peers as a kid. I have been beaten up a few times, but I asked for it. I usually won my fights :biggrin1:

I suppose that you can hurt somebody in many ways, whether you push them to the ground or just spread horrible lies about them. As a child, I was never a victim of this. I guess I got off lucky.
As Jesse Jackson said- "Never look down on anybody unless you are helping them up." [FONT=&quot][/FONT]