Societys Perception

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by MysteryMeat, Jul 3, 2005.

1. MysteryMeat

MysteryMeat New Member

Hello all, first time poster, long time reader. Although I am not huge my size is on the larger average side. I am 7 1/2 inches long give or take on the weather. But my main feature is the girth at just shy of 7 inches girth, I am on the thicker side of the equation. Luckily for me I am a grower not a shower. So I have been under the radar for most of my life. I am mostly introverted due to lack of a social life. My work hours are very demanding so I have almost nil time to go out and play.
    So here is where my story begins. A group of uncles and I went on a camping vacation for a week to different camp site up and down California. Most of the men are woodsman by heart. It would be safe to assume they do this often. I got invited recently because they felt I have matured enough to become “One Of The Guys”. I was more than thrilled to be inducted. We had a blast the first few nights at an Indian Reservation camp site. We bbq’d, drank, told jokes and stories. Coming from a single parent home, I never had this male bonding before. I was in heaven. Well about the third or fourth night, everyone needed a shower. We had currently moved from the original site to one in the sierras of northern California. This was true woodsy outdoorsman stuff. No civilization for miles. I was led to an area where we could bathe in a lake. Seeing as no one was around it would be perfect for the purpose.
    Well I was told that we had to at least be with one person if we left camp for safety reasons. So I asked my mom’s brother who was naturally the uncle I was most close to. We’ll it was decided that all would come to shower at the same time. I was so nervous but didn’t want to lose approval with all of them so I proceeded. Most of them were average flaccid in length, but I was noticeably about an inch or a bit, larger. To top it off, when the air hit after I got out of the water, its caused an erection. It became the whole topic of the night and most of the trip. I guess where we camped they felt comfortable with being nudist till it got cold enough, but I felt uneasy the whole night. Some told jokes about me, some thought it was the greatest gift to man. I just don’t get why people are so hung up on size.
    They made it seem like I was supposed to just flash it around and women would be begging to sleep with me. Now I would consider myself out of touch with reality, but I don’t see why people think it’s a feature to brag about. The few times I tired to have sex, it went horrible wrong most of the time. Even with lube and foreplay, it has its moments of discomfort, and its hard to maintain when things are going wrong. Why are people caught up with superficial matters and not realizing what is important in life. If anything comes out of this forum, I hope it is that everyone should be happy with what god designed for them. Be happy with who you are and what you have become. If you feel the need to change something that your not happy with, make sure its for a positive reason. Become health, become educated, and become active in your community. Don’t get caught up in what is superficial and will ultimately not bring you happiness. Just my two cents. Hope to become more active here in the group. I have learned a lot already, just hope I can contribute back.

2. naughty

Gold Member

Good first post ,Mysterymeat!

From the looks of your online moniker you also have a great sense of humor as well! Your post is what LPSG really is all about. I am sure there will be plenty of the guys who will be able give you a nod in terms of what you are experiencing. One thing you said that gave me pause for a sec.. you thought you were introverted because of a lack of social life? Usually, the introversion itself is the cause....

naughty

3. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I’ll second the welcome;

You will probably find that most of the guys here agree with your sentiments that the world does not revolve around size. The guys who you were with probably realize that there are “size queens” who would sleep with you just because you are large. I am not telling you that if you whipped it out in public that every girl in sight would fall on their knees and worship you- and the ones who want you JUST because of your size aren’t worth picking up IMHO.

I have found with other guys if the topic of a penis ever comes up it can stay there without budging an inch for an eternity if the guys are comfortable with each other. It sounds as though you were accepted “as one of the guys.” Your size was probably a good starting point and provided a way to keep the conversation “on track.” The other thing is that most of them, not having experienced first hand some of the problems that come with being well endowed, probably believe what the popular media tells them: That bigger is better without any limits. You would probably not have had any success in convincing them otherwise even if you had tried.

Your advice at the end was bang on about trying to be happy and to better yourself. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

4. Knight

Knight New Member

Just don't listen to them, take them as compliments but not as sound advice. I was told if I wanted sex all I had to do was drop my pants in front of a girl. I think I'd get arrested for that :p

Anyway, what people need to realise is that penis size isn't everything. It isn't even most things. It's just one small facet of your physiology. Life is about so much more than that. A big cock doesn't get you a nice girlfriend, a good job and or own house. You have to work for all that. So don't get too caught up or focused on the penis. It's really quite insignificant. But take all the compliments you can get with a smile :D

5. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, guys have told me all I have to do is drop my pants in front of a girl too. And other stupid things like that.

In the end, a big dick isn't everything, and the kind of girl who will date you for only that reason is the exact same kind of girl who has a dozen different diseases for you to enjoy.

Jon (Gonorrhea isn't a very nice word.)

6. steve319

Gold Member

MysteryMeat, it sounds like you have a good grasp on what is important in life and where cock size happens to fall on the list of life's priorities. Good for you!

One of the things that I think I've learned in my admittedly brief time here at LPSG is that, many times, those who are dreaming of a bigger dick are hoping that it will be the enchanted panacea for all that is wrong in their lives. "All my relationship issues will be solved, my self-esteem will be maximized, the perfect job for me will come along, all credit card debts will be paid off, and the Nobel Prize will be in the mail if only I had a couple more inches!" :eyes:

But another thing I've learned from the well-endowed crowd here is that this elusive, elongated, magical member brings along plenty of issues, problems, and concerns all its own. Life is tough all over, isn't it?

These guys who admired your length are grasping at the myth out of desperation for something better. Maybe that's the human condition.

Lots of wisdom you have there, MM. I hope you'll post regularly and let us all benefit from your voice.

7. B_HungSpermBoy

B_HungSpermBoy New Member

well for me things have been picking up in this area. what i mean is that FINALLY people know i've got a big cock & yes, girls have asked to see it at parties! this never happened to me in high school, so it's kinda fun now. i also think it's interesting how girls react to it. they just laugh & say really silly things.it's cute to me how they react. B)

8. DanielForever

DanielForever New Member

9. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

These guys have gave some great advice and I totally agree...Glad I never had the penis envy thing going on...Funny I have out w/a large group of straight males and I never ever heard anyone talk about penis size except maybe one guy who jokes about how small his dick is...Maybe we are all average and no one feels the need to try to impress others w/their dick size...It seems that people really think that all women want a big dick and in my experience - that is just not the case...

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

If you put 500 people in seclusion, starve them for 4 or 5 days, then tell them "you may have a steak and baked potato, or you may have a large slice of chocolate cake, but not both," you would probably have three or four choose the cake. The rest would probably look at the cake and drool, but still choose the steak.

If you poll 500 average people, and ask to choose between the guy who is handsome and very well hung but a real jerk, or the guy with the average looks & endowment who is intelligent, compassionate, and fun to be around, but they can't spend time with both guys, most would choose the average guy. Most would be more than willing to admire the larger endowment, but forced to choose, would go for spending time with the lesser-endowed but more agreeable guy.

Speculation and comment about your endowment is just that, speculation and comment. It does not mean that they find it to be the most important aspect of your existence.

It is the unexpected or unusual that people will notice. You don't often see big headlines in the newspaper exclaiming "Moon Still In Orbit Around Earth!" You don't hear the guys at the campsite saying "Jim, Joe, John, Jerry, and Jeff sure do have average-sized cocks!" When you are in a situation where someone comments on your endowment, as posted above, take it as a compliment. If it continues, let them know that the conversation is getting as offensive as it is boring.

11. Donk

Donk New Member

That is definitely one of the misconceptions that us guys with large endowments hear often. Back when I wasn't permanently attached to one woman, I often wished it were so, but it never was. :)

Your outlook on the subject is very healthy and well balanced. Welcome to the forum.

12. MysteryMeat

MysteryMeat New Member

The way I see it, this is just one of many facets (being endowed) that people have misconceptions about. I have grown up in a pretty open and free environment, but I can’t seem to discuss this with my own mom. I am glad the support here is so nurturing to the education of misconceptions, and personal dilemmas. It just seems when something isn’t on the average, that people often become indifferent toward the matter. Some feel the need to compete, while others feel the need to discriminate. Often times I would find myself trying to hide who I was to escape any judgment from others. Locker rooms, showers, or any place that involved nudity were always dreaded.
    The whole matter takes on a whole new level of personal affliction when family or trusted people in your life have no respect or consideration for your feelings. Now please don’t think I am letting this affect me much, I am more in the area of trying to understand why society trains people to act like this. Yes this all does hurt me, but I am a big boy (no pun intended) and can handle it in a healthy way. Realizing that people realistically don’t know any better helps me to cope. But at the same time, ignorance is not an excuse. Why should the few carry the burden for the many? Just because we automatically become educated in the field of prejudice, doesn’t mean others should ignore it. We could easily turn the book and use society right back on them and let them play into average size is not good enough, that we are superior. But in doing so, that would bring us down a notch in class.
    This forum is dedicated in part to the education of a misrepresent group. I hope more and more people read and learn from this. Just love who you are and make the most of what god gave you. If we all had huge penises, we would all be average.

BTW, this is all on a serious note, but don't count me in for being too uptight when posting else where. I want to enjoy my experience here. I hope to have fun along the way too ;-). Just like everyone else, I too have a naughty side.

Draft saved Draft deleted