Sociology Class in College- Prof asked about Circumsized Males

brockli

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Once in my Sociology class at my local Community College my professor asks all of the men in the room "Raise your hand if you have been circumsized." The men ranged from 17-45 years of age and everyone of them raised their hand for YES, they were circumsized. I would have been embarrassed not to raise my hand also, so I did. But I found it slightly unusual that every male in that room of all ages was circumsized. They later moved on to discuss how gross uncut cocks were, etc.

I enjoy having an uncut cock and no offense to anyone but I do not have very long foreskin, its very moderate in length and doesn't overflow past my cockhead unless I pull it. To many they never realize i'm uncut until I tell them. IDK why women especially think this way about uncuts. Nonetheless I'm not here to start another uncut vs. cut thread.

Reactions: brockyli

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I had a talk with a friend and he lied to me about being cut. He was wasted and running around with it out, wasn't the case.

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You may never know how many of the others lied about it. I'd leave my hand down and turn this into an opportunity to educate people. Your professor could have seriously turned that little poll into a several lessons. One may be how people want to fit in with the rest of the group so they may not tell the truth. Another would be how the majority's perception of an uncut dick helps add fuel to the fire when it comes to the debate. They could have also debated why it is thought of as gross. Have to also agree with unabear09 on what he said.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Once in my Sociology class at my local Community College my professor asks all of the men in the room "Raise your hand if you have been circumsized." The men ranged from 17-45 years of age and everyone of them raised their hand for YES, they were circumsized. I would have been embarrassed not to raise my hand also, so I did. But I found it slightly unusual that every male in that room of all ages was circumsized. They later moved on to discuss how gross uncut cocks were, etc.

I enjoy having an uncut cock and no offense to anyone but I do not have very long foreskin, its very moderate in length and doesn't overflow past my cockhead unless I pull it. To many they never realize i'm uncut until I tell them. IDK why women especially think this way about uncuts. Nonetheless I'm not here to start another uncut vs. cut thread.
So you lied, so right there you negate the results of said questioning.

You claim to like being uncircumcised yet you didn't tell the class you are, nor did you defend when the class "moved on to discuss how gross uncut cocks were, etc."

Then you say you aren't "here to start another uncut vs.cut thread"

What led to the question of circumcisional status to begin with? If it was a preconceived topic of discussion by the professor, why didn't he have you all submit a slip of paper with an indication, thereby saving you (or any other) shame over their status?

Uh, ok. That's cool, I guess. How did the professor turn this survey question around into a meaningful discussion?
I'd like to know that too, as well as the original context of the question.

You may never know how many of the others lied about it. I'd leave my hand down and turn this into an opportunity to educate people. Your professor could have seriously turned that little poll into a several lessons. One may be how people want to fit in with the rest of the group so they may not tell the truth. Another would be how the majority's perception of an uncut dick helps add fuel to the fire when it comes to the debate. They could have also debated why it is thought of as gross. Have to also agree with unabear09 on what he said.
Many good points here.
I think the professor was out of order...

True, and unless there was a starting context for the questioning, he definitely needs to be reported to the school officials. Then again, as erratic points out, it may never have happened.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'd be curious to know why the question was asked in the first place AND why you didn't man up to the fact that you're intact. Living in Central Europe, I've been asked a few times "oh, you're American, I guess you're cut". I readily admit it and honestly, I'm perfectly fine with the fact that I'm cut. Being cut gets lots of attention here.

brockli

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The topic was brought up by a female in the class making a joke about something sexual and the topic was eventually brought up. It was a very open class with much discussion. The professor is a Psychiatrist and conducts much of his research through his classes. It was very weird but he should not be reported for it. Why he asked all of the men that question, I don't know. He later moved on to say that the reason circumcision was made was for cleanliness etc. 1st off, I do not consider myself a wimp for not admitting to have an uncut cock. B/C I did not want to hear any further discussion about it. Plus I had many female friends in the class of varied age groups. Awkward. It may be easy to admit it on these websites but if you were in my shoes in a college setting you may have done the same.

brockli

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
And No. I was not starting another Uncut vs. Cut thread. I was simply sharing a personal experience.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I think you should have owned up to it. It's not like you were being asked to whip it out and show it off. Hell, some of the girls might have asked you for a little game of "show and tell" out of curiosity. :tongue:

Seriously though, many Americans are convinced that every American they know is circumcised. It's interesting to see people shaken up if the subject comes up and they realize that someone isn't.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The professor is a Psychiatrist and conducts much of his research through his classes.

Most university ethics committees in North America and Western Europe consider that borderline unethical. If it got reported that your prof forced a public show of hands on a sensitive topic he could get censured in a big way.

patrick9999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not like he asked people to prove their status or held a catered affair so everyone could watch the procedure take place.

I'd suggest to him that in he future he offer the option of abstention by raising left hand for cut, right hand for uncut and no hand for no one else's business.

Jimbo33

Experimental Member
Media

Isn't that an unacceptable question to ask your students, no matter what type of class it is?

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not like he asked people to prove their status or held a catered affair so everyone could watch the procedure take place.

I'd suggest to him that in he future he offer the option of abstention by raising left hand for cut, right hand for uncut and no hand for no one else's business.

An even better and infinitely more truthful method- so persons such as Brockli would not feel awkward, would be to have the men write an answer on a slip of paper. That way it's private, nobody has to know who is and who isn't circumcised.