Soft glans cocks

Yknarf: Hi!

I have noticed that there is a whole section of manhood that when their penis is erect don't get a hard glans.
With a normal erection my whole penis is fully engorged, but often when I have a morning "woody" my glans and the underside of my shaft is not firm but the 2 topsides are absolutely rigid.
Do others have this effect?

Yknarf

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Somehow my guess is that variation in erection firmness and size is standard for all men, but that if you are very big and your full erectile capacity way over the average, you will notice more variation.

Funnily enough, my track record is the reverse of yours in that I would say my morning erection is just about the hardest of the day, most days, especially if a few happy thoughts are thrown into the mixture!

I've never noticed firm corpus cavernosa on the top side combined with soft glans and a soft underside as you report. But I do notice big variations in the size of the head, especially. A weakish erection will still leave a lot of wrinkles in the skin of my glans (though I don't think even in that state it could be described as soft). A standard one will stretch it all out nicely so that it shines ;). Whereas an extra special one, which I still get from time to time, will force so much blood in there as to stretch and distort the skin and bring out a lot of blemishes, bumps etc. Of course that sort of hardon will be longer and thicker in the shaft as well, but the most noticeable effect is on the head.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
OMG! Max! That's not your glans - that's an anneurism!

Seriously, mine does the same, Max. I can tell the degree of excitement by size of the glans. But regardless of size (always wider than the shaft), when aroused it is 'hard.'

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Pecker link=board=health;num=1060679242;start=0#2 date=08/12/03 at 06:17:11]OMG! Max!  That's not your glans - that's an anneurism![/quote]

Pecker,

You took the wind right out of my sails!  I was just about to break the habit of a lifetime and start my own thread as opposed to merely joining on those of other people ... when you hit me pretty near the mark, so to speak.

One more comment on the corona / glans which relates to a recent development in mine:

I have always known that my penis was very vascular -- and I suppose always thought that the pronounced veins were necessary to keep the blood circulation I need up to the mark.  But this seems to have increased with age and recently, the glans itself is affected.

When I described the rather unsightly appearance it assumes when I produce a stronger than usual erection, I mentioned the bumpy and lumpy appearance as the skin bulges out in a number of places on the glans.  This has always been the case, it was so even as a teenager.  But a few days ago I noticed -- for the first time ever -- a knotted vein on the topside just above the corona, with a vein pointing upwards for about an inch or so towards the tip above it.  It is only visible when I am at more than standard size, ie when I get a super special hardon.

Is this a sign of age?  Or imminent madness?  Or worse?  (Not an aneurism I think.)  Anyone among the older group here got the same?  

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Bingo, Max. You aren't alone, good buddy. When my glans is expanded to the point that it looks and feels as if it will burst, the smooth, light-reddish-gray tint of the head becomes mottled with light and dark spots and the crown becomes very dark purple.

The shaft is veiny in its flaccid state (and yes, the older I get the more there are), but at the point described above, there are too many to count and they are hard to the touch. And there is one knotted-looking vein that shows itself only in this state. It runs along the top right edge of the crown and down over the side near where the frenulum attaches.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks Pecker,

Great to know I'm not a freak! Or at least, if I am, there are others like me ;)

Ineligible: [quote author=Yknarf link=board=health;num=1060679242;start=0#0 date=08/12/03 at 01:58:22]. . . often . . . my glans and the underside of my shaft is not firm but the 2 topsides are absolutely rigid.[/quote]

The two topsides are the two tubes of corpus cavernosum, while the tube underneath is corpus spongiosum. This apparently extends to, and makes up, the glans; so what you are observing is that the corpus spongiosum is not erecting as well as the corpus cavernosum. I've noticed this a bit. In particular I find that the glans shrinks faster than the main erection subsides.

I presume there are differences in the way that the two erectile tissues work. The effect of a really strong erection may also be more noticeable in the glans, because it's more free to swell even more, while the corpus cavernosum tubes are kept in check with cartilage.