Soft vs. hard sizes

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The other day a girlfriend of mine told me she thinks guys whose cocks are smaller when soft get bigger when they get hard. Any truth to that? I haven't really noticed a pattern with a couple of exceptions. My ex was 4 and a quarter soft and about 6 in. hard. The guy I see now is less than 3 in. soft but it grows to almost 8 in. hard. So maybe there's something to that? As a side note I'll say it's so exciting to watch his cock grow from soft to hard. It just keeps growing and growing until it's morphed into this perfect pleasure-giving machine! :biggrin1: :tongue: :biggrin1:

B_gagger

Experimental Member
Media
Always a litttle confused with this concept. My soft "size" is anywhere from about 2 to 6 inches long. Never really noticed a consistent size that way. I guess I've always got some activity down there.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some guys are growers, others are showers, so it's always hard to extrapolate a hard size out of a soft size, and I guess a lot of guys who are of a small soft size are being underestimated that way.

However, I have also found out that some of the very large penis's (correct pl.?) don't shrink much when they go soft, the difference between the soft size and the hard size won't be more than two inches. I'm no physiology/medicine expert, but this is something that I found with many guys.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my experience "growers" can be very small flaccid and vary greatly in what becomes of them once arroused.

Again, in my experience, "showers" tend not to get appreciably larger when erect.

B_gagger

Experimental Member
Media
I think what happens with me (and I would guess others) is that much of mine seems to withdraw inside of me, so the visible part varies greatly in "size" w/o a huge difference in actual size of the penis itself. Maybe I'm just different that way? Also noticed when I was younger I could cause its withdrawl and reappearance by relaxation (used to do yoga).

rich-9.8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As far as the "official" stats are concerned, there's a lot more variability in flaccid size than there is in erect size. 50% of erections are 4"-7", with the range going from 3" to 10", while the range for flaccid penises is something like 1" to 6".

The upshot is that a lot of smaller guys are real growers i.e. almost doubles in size, while the longer flaccid penises undergo a more modest enlargement. My own grows by about a third - god knows what it would be like if it doubled in size!

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rich-9.8 said:
As far as the "official" stats are concerned, there's a lot more variability in flaccid size than there is in erect size. 50% of erections are 4"-7", with the range going from 3" to 10", while the range for flaccid penises is something like 1" to 6".

The upshot is that a lot of smaller guys are real growers i.e. almost doubles in size, while the longer flaccid penises undergo a more modest enlargement. My own grows by about a third - god knows what it would be like if it doubled in size!

Correct me if I am incorrect...but the stat is much more closer to being, "90% of erections are between 5" and 7"."

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rich-9.8 said:

I think Nick22 is right, that should be 90%+ in the 4-7 range.

My flacid size is hardly ever the same consistent size, due to all kinds of factors. In most cases I easily double in size from flacid to erect. If I hopped into bed with a woman after being outside in the cold, she might see a 7-fold increase in size! :biggrin1:

Of course my 'increase' is directly related to how small it was when we started. ;)

Contonilia

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I`d like to say,my greatest thrill (when having sex with a new lover for the first time) is not to look or touch.I don`t want to watch it grow,I lie back,shut my eyes and tell him.."surprise me baby " and I have had quite a few surprises I must say..from the small to the sublime......

bud

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
my flaccid size is 3.5 inches, erect its only 5 inches. so im pretty small for both i guess.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Contonilia said:
I`d like to say,my greatest thrill (when having sex with a new lover for the first time) is not to look or touch.I don`t want to watch it grow,I lie back,shut my eyes and tell him.."surprise me baby " and I have had quite a few surprises I must say..from the small to the sublime......

Ha! I've done that too! Very nice. If I'm with a guy for the first time and I don't know what he's packing, it's such a rush to feel him start to move inside me and not know what's coming. I've only done that a few times but indeed I've had a couple surprises from, as you say Contonilia, the small to the sublime. One guy I did that with turned out to be a solid 8 in. and quite proportional (as in thick as well..). That... was a thrilling rush :biggrin1: .

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Contonilia said:

firstly, let me just clarify this. ur from brighton, and your not 100% gay...this is hard to grasp

anyway legends...i have been led to believe that black men grow less than their caucasian counterparts. the perception of size of a flaccid penis is greatly determined by the man's balls. big balls tend to dwarf an averagely sized todger and so it appears smaller. like all things penis related...it is hard to extrapolate any ultimately reliable information....people's flaccid sizes vary greatly..mine from 4-7"...erect lengths vary depending upon the environment and other variables so all forms of quantative data concerning the penis must be treated as generalistic rather than as law

yours sincerely,

royston vesey esq.

xx

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are growers and showers, but if someone with more time and better maths than me could spend a few minutes on this, you may find that the proportional volume increase may be similar for larger and smaller flaccid.

There won't be a hard and fast rule like all things penis!

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the most part the adage is true. Small flaccid penises often do a lot of catching up when everyone gets hard. However, little fellas, in some instances tht large flaccid penis gets absolutely huge when it gets hard. And these guys all fuck someones girlfriend, wife, ex, mom, sister, boss, etc. You kind of have to get used to that or it will eat you up inside.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
http://www.lpsg.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=776&d=1144319576

If you look at the above, you can see that a guy who is 4x4 who might go to 6x5 doubles in volume, as would a guy who goes from 6x5 to 8x6. Whereas on length the former increases by 50% and the latter by 33%.

Oh and you'd be getting twice as much from the 8x6, which is why I think sometimes ladies fall into the trap of over estimating length, that being the accepted yardstick for size generally.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lordpendragon said:
http://www.lpsg.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=776&d=1144319576

If you look at the above, you can see that a guy who is 4x4 who might go to 6x5 doubles in volume, as would a guy who goes from 6x5 to 8x6. Whereas on length the former increases by 50% and the latter by 33%.

Oh and you'd be getting twice as much from the 8x6, which is why I think sometimes ladies fall into the trap of over estimating length, that being the accepted yardstick for size generally.

Length is the standard as visual difference in the range of sizes is more obvious and less evenly distributed that is girth. In practice variations in girth or more noticable, but to the naked eye a long penis is the prize possession in terms of its ability to get attention.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Ive never seen a corrolation between size soft or hard. My biggest is also the smallest soft but the others have been similar size for both soft & hard.

But personally i like growers..its like getting something extra for free, and its exciting watching it getting bigger and bigger