Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know how long it will be before this software is in widespread use, but I think that the photo-fakers will be losing their cover in the near future:

Carolyn Johnson said:
Start-up company Fourandsix Technologies, cofounded by Dartmouth College computer scientist Hany Farid, is developing software that will determine whether a photo has been altered since it was first taken - and if so, how.

Exposing digitally doctored photos - Business - The Boston Globe

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds like he's saying you can find the make of camera in most pictures' tags in the first part, though I would hope he means something more advanced than that. Though that would have to be a pretty fucking advanced system to do that, so maybe that is just marketing bluster.

I don't really get how the rest of it would be more reliable than using the naked eye, but that's because I have no idea how the technology works so it sounds impressive to me.

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
It sounds like he's saying you can find the make of camera in most pictures' tags in the first part, though I would hope he means something more advanced than that. Though that would have to be a pretty fucking advanced system to do that, so maybe that is just marketing bluster.

I don't really get how the rest of it would be more reliable than using the naked eye, but that's because I have no idea how the technology works so it sounds impressive to me.

Hany's approach uses chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as light and shadow maps cast in 3 planes to identify anomalous elements. Yeah, it is pretty "fucking advanced" and has nothing to do with readily forged EXIF tags. Art historians/curators, the FBI, US Congress and a few others who aren't easily satisfied by marketing bluster consider Hany and his students' work to be better than anything else available. Google his name a bit.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh great. Like I want people to be able to tell all the times I've photoshopped out a zit. :rolleyes:

Since a zit only lasts a few days, why preserve it for all time? Everything in the past should be seen through rose colored glasses. :tongue:

I'm super nice and I photoshop out the zits of my friends, too. I say, "Sh! Nobody needs to know!"

Last edited:

D_PooNaHoe

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I photoshop imperfections onto my photos so people won't feel intimidated by my blinding beauty. Guess now folks will just have to face the true nature of my unfaltering manliness.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I photoshop imperfections onto my photos so people won't feel intimidated by my blinding beauty. Guess now folks will just have to face the true nature of my unfaltering manliness.

:lmao:

That's very considerate of you! :tongue:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Oh great. Like I want people to be able to tell all the times I've photoshopped out a zit. :rolleyes:

Since a zit only lasts a few days, why preserve it for all time? Everything in the past should be seen through rose colored glasses. :tongue:

I'm super nice and I photoshop out the zits of my friends, too. I say, "Sh! Nobody needs to know!"
I think it is more that if you put a new head on a body, etc.