Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
hey everyone! I just lost my workout buddy and I’m curious what you do to deal with lifting solo! Do you lift lighter and not have a spotter? Do you ask a fellow gym goer? Also how do you stay motivated? Who do you talk to in the locker room? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: nicnic

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I use powerrack.....that's that cage looking thing.....if you squat....set the safety bars about 5 inches lower than you normally go......that way you can go as heavy as you want

To be honest I think it's safer than a spotter....spotter requires strength and timing and if your a bigsquatter....say 300 lbs or above....your gonna need more than one dude....

Steel pin....well that's pretty steady and reliable

For bench same thing....use power rack....set power rack for like an inch under your chest.....if you fail a rep just kinda deflate your chest and slide under

Deadlift...no need for spotter....

Clean jerk n snatch.....see deadlift

The other assistance/show stuff....just do sets until your 80 precent...tired....the max effort on the other stuff will more than give you results you need

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Ask a guy who is nearby who is about your same size for a spot or assist.
For motivation you apparently need to have a paradigm shift in your thinking. You are not working out and growing to please someone else, you are doing it for yourself. Your motivation should be to see your changes and gains.
I don't go to the gym for the purpose of chatting up guys in the locker room, so not having someone there when I'm changing clothes is never an issue.

Reactions: heyppl513

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Ask a guy who is nearby who is about your same size for a spot or assist.
For motivation you apparently need to have a paradigm shift in your thinking. You are not working out and growing to please someone else, you are doing it for yourself. Your motivation should be to see your changes and gains.
I don't go to the gym for the purpose of chatting up guys in the locker room, so not having someone there when I'm changing clothes is never an issue.
Just make sure you ask the ...superhuge oily balding guy with the acne on his back....listening to slayer on his ear buds....these guys love to give people spots