Solving the Debt problem!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seterwind, Nov 24, 2008.

1. seterwind

seterwind New Member

Albums:
    I've been reading through the CIA library online fact book. I have come up with a way to solve the national debt. Now according to the CIA the USA IS

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html
    (Scroll to the bottom)

Now you see, the US cuts spending on Cocaine and the "High Quality Asian heroin", and increase production of Marijuana, and hallucinogens. Also much like Swiss banks are the in things for mobs and drug dealers, the US must capitalize on it's "Money-laundering Center".

There problem solved.

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

:clap::clap::clap::clap:brilliant!

3. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Or- just legalize drugs and tax them like we do cigarettes and booze...

And rake in the dough...

Plus the peace dividend we get from not spending millions on an ineffective drug war...

4. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Legalizing all drugs wholesale, thereby encouraging its use and abuse, may also result in a massive additional health cost.

I would experiment at a more local level first and with the less harmful drugs (pot, E, ... ).

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

bull-
    Legalizing drinking or illegalizing drinking had ZERO effect on the number of drinkers.
    There is little evidence that people WANT to smoke pot, but don't because its illegal, any more than the idea that people avoid speeding because its illegal.

In addition... a world of legal drugs would make it far easier to police quality, safety and actually identify those with abuse problems and target them with rehab opportunities.

As to cost...
    THis is a common scare tactic... but, in fact, analysis of, say, the health costs of cigarette smoking show that as the number of smokers drops, the overall cost to government INCREASES.

It turns out that Lung cancer and heart disease are fairly low cost because half of all heart disease patients ARRIVE at the hospital dead...and lung cancer, once diagnosed, more often than not kills quickly.

In fact, people NOT smoking live longer, suffer more chronic illnesses and slower, more expensive age -realted illnesses... and, living longer, cost more in Social security and medicare.

So, smoking actually is less costly to society than not smoking.

6. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Phil, you are truly an aberation to earth and mankind. I appreciate you opening my mind to the unthinkable on a daily basis.

Draft saved Draft deleted