some comments just keep coming

Slingshot

Experimental Member
Media
Ok, I haven’t posted here for a long time, the reason being I’ve had nothing much to add to the discussion, so please forgive the fact that this post is purely for me to get stuff off my chest. After all, that’s what a large penis support group is for: people on this forum can listen to the story and hopefully sympathise, while anyone else would just hear “I have a large dick.”

Anyway, the point is, I was having lunch with my extended family the other day, 7 or 8 adults including some of my mother’s cousins, women who are at least 15 years older than me. These women have known me since I was born, and they seem to think that this fact gives them license to make some very personal observations about my penis, which they whisper to each other, and then giggle, every now and again. They aren’t alone, the fact that I’ve got a bigger dick than anyone else in the family is something of a running joke, and has been brought up at such inappropriate times as Christmas gatherings and even after a funeral.

On this occasion, while I was struggling to subdue a couple of their unruly offspring at an outdoor restaurant, it was suggested to me that since the waitress was cute, and I had broken up with my girlfriend some weeks ago, I should try to get her number. “Maybe you could whip out your stethoscope,” one suggested (the idea being that this woman would be attracted to me because I’m a doctor). You can imagine what was suggested that I whip out next, to further impress this passing stranger. That’s right, my cock. And there followed much giggling.

Damn harridans.

I’ve just about lost my ability to take this stuff good-naturedly. It’s just become tedious through repetition. Goodness knows, I don’t mind half as much when I get teased about it by friends.

Oh well. Not looking for solutions or advice, nor do I hate my dick; I love having a large penis, I just needed to rant, and needed it to be to people who may have experienced similar nuisance situations.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Family does not have the right to annoy/bother/insult you more just becaue they are related to you.

I would suggest telling them --in very clear language--that you feel that the time has come for their conversations and jokes to shift to a topic other than your penis. Let them know that it bothers you and you would appreciate it if they stopped. Tell them that not every hung guys likes his size to be made to be a huge deal. If they don't--refuse to be around them. Period.

Personally, I don't put up with anyonew--family or not--who bugs the hell out of me.

I've been much happier since I decided this, too.

I know you didn't ask for advice--I was just in a blabbing mood. :)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Slingshot,

Unfortunately, we would hope that as some of us age we would mature, or even mature gracefully...but alas, some of us just get older. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I really think you should say something to them. They may not even realize ( how could they not? ) how very offended you are by their insensitivity and crudeness. Good luck.

Naughty

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Slingshot, can't blame you for wanting to get that off your chest. What an ugly situation.

I agree with Lex and Naughty: maybe you could find some way to tell them how inappropriate and insensitive it is to treat you this way--to essentially reduce your value as a person to a physical attribute.

Plus, I'm sure it's unsettling to hear it from family, I'm sure. Ugh. :eyes:

I suspect that these ladies wouldn't take it well if you made comments about their own physical features along those same lines. (Not that I'm suggesting you start in with sagging breast comments or anything, but letting them know that you respect them too much to do that sort of thing might be useful when making your point?)

There's no reason why you should have to put up with this from them. They should know better, but since they don't, you might have to educate them.

Good luck!

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Slingshot,
I'll trade you my right wing, far right wing, religious zealot family who openly and in front of me, discuss how sinful, disgusting, corrupt and satan influenced my life is for your family that concentrates on the size of my cock any day. :)

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Your a doctor. Sometimes, really going out on a limb with a very straight face and then a suble grin. For insntance.

"No, I don't to waste it on her. I was saving it for you later."

You have to really know how to pull that off or it can backfire. But some kind of comback like that sometimes works. OR at the next family fathering and some smart ass comments on your big dick Immediately say Oh yes, some of the yonger crowd haven't seen it yet. Then turm tp the smart assed adults and ask them what time after lunch they wanted you to give a special showing to all their little boys and girls.

After several comments like that, they will stop with the penis jokes.

Originally posted by Slingshot@Apr 16 2005, 06:04 AM
Ok, I haven’t posted here for a long time, the reason being I’ve had nothing much to add to the discussion, so please forgive the fact that this post is purely for me to get stuff off my chest. After all, that’s what a large penis support group is for: people on this forum can listen to the story and hopefully sympathise, while anyone else would just hear “I have a large dick.”

Anyway, the point is, I was having lunch with my extended family the other day, 7 or 8 adults including some of my mother’s cousins, women who are at least 15 years older than me. These women have known me since I was born, and they seem to think that this fact gives them license to make some very personal observations about my penis, which they whisper to each other, and then giggle, every now and again. They aren’t alone, the fact that I’ve got a bigger dick than anyone else in the family is something of a running joke, and has been brought up at such inappropriate times as Christmas gatherings and even after a funeral.

On this occasion, while I was struggling to subdue a couple of their unruly offspring at an outdoor restaurant, it was suggested to me that since the waitress was cute, and I had broken up with my girlfriend some weeks ago, I should try to get her number. “Maybe you could whip out your stethoscope,” one suggested (the idea being that this woman would be attracted to me because I’m a doctor). You can imagine what was suggested that I whip out next, to further impress this passing stranger. That’s right, my cock. And there followed much giggling.

Damn harridans.

I’ve just about lost my ability to take this stuff good-naturedly. It’s just become tedious through repetition. Goodness knows, I don’t mind half as much when I get teased about it by friends.

Oh well. Not looking for solutions or advice, nor do I hate my dick; I love having a large penis, I just needed to rant, and needed it to be to people who may have experienced similar nuisance situations.
[post=301030]Quoted post[/post]​

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, that is really insulting. I would try a direct well chosen sentence or two like, "Okay, we all know I have a big dick, can we move on now, or do you feel it's your job to inform the known world?" Tell them they wouldn't like constant references to their vaginas, and I'm pretty sure they will shut up.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Slingshot,

You know the more I think about this the angrier it makes me. Number one , it is because of 'well meaning" aunts , mothers, sisters, friends, cousins, coworkers , grandmothers accosting and pushing forward "eligible" men that so many guys think that all single women are so desperate that it is their duty to run for their lives. I know I find it to be presumptuous and offensive.
Secondly, how dare they talk about your body like that ! If they had done that in the work place they would have been handed a sexual harassment reprimand so fast it would have made their heads swim. My cousin has had that happen to him at his neighborhood pool by an older woman who also uses the facility. She has made numerous lewd comments but still expects to be treated in a respectful fashion.
This board is one where we all let our hair down, flirt and joke in ways that we probably would not in real life. I think because our society still has a distinct sexual double standard , there are women who feel they can speak in this fashion and that the man will be flattered rather than appalled .Look at the upswing in teachers having sexual relations with their younger male students. I dont think this is an accident. There have to be boundaries.
Thanks. Now I will step down from my soapbox.

Naughty

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by naughty@Apr 17 2005, 06:12 PM
Look at the upswing in teachers having sexual relations with their younger male students. I dont think this is an accident.
[post=301521]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey, I never thought of that, naughty. I've been thinking about that gruesome phenomenon and sort of looking for something that would explain it. Interesting idea, there!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, also, people don't expect women to do it, and they expect men to want it. So they confuse sexual attraction to a younger male with maternal attachment.

Problems associated with sexual abuse of a boy by a woman tend to be far less than when men sexually abuse children of either sex (I don't have any consistent stats on lesbian abuses, but it's so rare no one can get a good sample size.), but the biggie's gender identity disorder, since females are traditionally expected to be passive.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Apr 17 2005, 10:46 PM
... cavernous poontang."
[post=301593]Quoted post[/post]​

I find myself looking for ways to work that clever little bon mot into everyday conversation.... :lol:

It's just too terrible to pass up!

Slingshot

Experimental Member
Media
Supportive members,
Thank you for your responses, some of which made me laugh (“cavernous poontang…”), some of which made me wince in sympathy. KinkGuy, your family sounds far, far worse than mine; I think I’ll decline the trade. I’ve been mentally trying out some of the suggestions (ah, sweet therapeutic imaginings!)
Freddie53 suggested, “No, I don't to waste it on her. I was saving it for you later,” but I don’t think I could pull that off without spoiling it by shuddering. This is my family, after all. My favourite suggestion has been “Okay, we all know I have a big dick, can we move on now, or do you feel it's your job to inform the known world?" – that just about sums my feelings up perfectly, Madame Zora. So far my response has generally been to walk away, which is what I did the other day.

I do feel better knowing that other people understand how maddening this stuff is. I think part of the reason why I felt so angry this time was that I was objectified with a left hook then a right hook, ie as a guy who could attract women because of my profession, and because of my dick, and really, any woman who is attracted solely on either of those grounds… well, bah. There are plenty of very boring doctors out there who I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

In summary: you all rock.
S

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Slingshot, I tip my hat to you for not using your profession to attract women, that's so gross. It's good to be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished, but the person inside still needs to be known, right? I always hated the bar scene when every guy there claimed to be a doctor or lawyer because they thought it would help them pick up chicks. Boring. I would hope that your individuality would set you apart in ways that your assets would not, I hope your family gets the message.

Or you could just start wearing a t-shirt around them that says "High-paid doctor, I also have a big dick".

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Apr 19 2005, 02:08 PM
Slingshot, I tip my hat to you for not using your profession to attract women, that's so gross. It's good to be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished, but the person inside still needs to be known, right? I always hated the bar scene when every guy there claimed to be a doctor or lawyer because they thought it would help them pick up chicks. Boring. I would hope that your individuality would set you apart in ways that your assets would not, I hope your family gets the message.

Or you could just start wearing a t-shirt around them that says "High-paid doctor, I also have a big dick".
[post=302109]Quoted post[/post]​

Or something more original like, "I work for the CIA."