Some good News about Obama

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You omitted one category in you (usual) techno-babble: the people who, through history, life experiences, and emotional attachment, call this "home" and want to be here.

Curious that New Orleans is not the only city in America (or the world for that matter) that has been stricken by disaster, nor the only one assisted by various agencies of government afterward. But it seems to be the only one whose right to exist is continually questioned.

Exactly. When Hurricane Andrew devastated areas in Florida and the Carolinas, not a mention about why some people decided to live there afterwards. Same thing with the major 1989 Earthquake of San Francisco. Or anyone living in Tornado Alley. Hell, even in New England after the Blizzard of 1978.

AllHazzardi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You omitted one category in you (usual) techno-babble: the people who, through history, life experiences, and emotional attachment, call this "home" and want to be here.

Curious that New Orleans is not the only city in America (or the world for that matter) that has been stricken by disaster, nor the only one assisted by various agencies of government afterward. But it seems to be the only one whose right to exist is continually questioned.

Actually, I tend to include them in those who are reluctant to move; I wasn't listing perfectly specific groups, just a few general categories. I find I often say things like "Etc" and "And so on" too much so I try to omit them where it can safely be inferred there are many more categories or variations than directly listed.

Emotional attachments are basically the general idea of the whole "Second Category"; The people who like where they are and don't want to move, whatever that reason may be.

By comparison, the Environmental attachments are the desire for the prosperity granted by these more volatile regions.

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would say people who say New Orleans should not be anymore, say that because the city was almost 90% black and Louisiana especially New Orleans is/was crooked as hell. All they see is the baby daddy's sitting on the front porch. The politician with his hand out, the drunk tourist pissing on Bourbon St.

If you are from there, or lived there for a period of time the phrase; "do you know what it means to miss New Orleans", actually means something to you.

Cheers