Some inspiration....and a little bragging about my girl

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of you know that lpsg'er, snarkysuccubus, & I met on this site about 4 years ago. We've been a couple ever since. And we moved in together about 2 years ago.

Well,..my girl just bench pressed her bodyweight. 215 lbs.
That, alone, is pretty impressive stuff.
But, what really makes it special is knowing where she came from & how far she came to get here.

Snarky had a rough road.
She's had to deal with weight issues most of her life. Some from poor choices made by a guardian...Some resulting from a medical condition, PCOS.
These made keeping her weight in check pretty tough at times.
As a young adult, she was assaulted by one of the special needs adults she cared for.
Her back suffered serious injuries...Some of which she still feels to this day.
Her doctor told her she'd never get better and have to be on pain meds the rest of her life.
Over time, her weight got up to 300 lbs.
She was pretty unhappy & it affected her life in many different areas.

A friend/employer got her to start going to the gym with her.
That lead to getting a personal trainer & getting in the weight room.
Fast forward to when we met.
I got her basically on the same workout routine I do.
Her strength and muscle went thru the roof. Her body fat dropped.
And,(in her words) she actually is starting to like what she sees in the mirror.
She's stronger than most of the guys in the gym. She stays right with me, too.
And, she doesn't take any pain meds.

She's more optimistic than ever.
And I'm totally proud of her. :)
And she's not even done yet!

Oh! And for anybody in a similar situation that wants workout/diet advice , she'll talk your ears off. Lol

Kilimandjaro

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
congratulation for her achievements! i'm sure she will do a lot more in the futur! ( her records and stats is already damn impressive)
She is very brave!
Does she have any advice for someone in the opposite situation ? (don't need to lose fat but actually need to gain some ?)

Reactions: submit452

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
congratulation for her achievements! i'm sure she will do a lot more in the futur! ( her records and stats is already damn impressive)
She is very brave!
Does she have any advice for someone in the opposite situation ? (don't need to lose fat but actually need to gain some ?)

You need to gain fat or you need to gain weight?

Thanks for all the kind words, folks :)

Reactions: Bendy

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Some of you know that lpsg'er, snarkysuccubus, & I met on this site about 4 years ago. We've been a couple ever since. And we moved in together about 2 years ago.

Well,..my girl just bench pressed her bodyweight. 215 lbs.
That, alone, is pretty impressive stuff.
But, what really makes it special is knowing where she came from & how far she came to get here.

Snarky had a rough road.
She's had to deal with weight issues most of her life. Some from poor choices made by a guardian...Some resulting from a medical condition, PCOS.
These made keeping her weight in check pretty tough at times.
As a young adult, she was assaulted by one of the special needs adults she cared for.
Her back suffered serious injuries...Some of which she still feels to this day.
Her doctor told her she'd never get better and have to be on pain meds the rest of her life.
Over time, her weight got up to 300 lbs.
She was pretty unhappy & it affected her life in many different areas.

A friend/employer got her to start going to the gym with her.
That lead to getting a personal trainer & getting in the weight room.
Fast forward to when we met.
I got her basically on the same workout routine I do.
Her strength and muscle went thru the roof. Her body fat dropped.
And,(in her words) she actually is starting to like what she sees in the mirror.
She's stronger than most of the guys in the gym. She stays right with me, too.
And, she doesn't take any pain meds.

She's more optimistic than ever.
And I'm totally proud of her. :)
And she's not even done yet!

Oh! And for anybody in a similar situation that wants workout/diet advice , she'll talk your ears off. Lol
:-* <3

Kilimandjaro

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You need to gain fat or you need to gain weight?

Thanks for all the kind words, folks :)

well i guess i need to gain some weight , kinda the slim/ skinny body build there. No matter how much i eat it seems it doesn't really affect my weight , if that make any sense ?

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
well i guess i need to gain some weight , kinda the slim/ skinny body build there. No matter how much i eat it seems it doesn't really affect my weight , if that make any sense ?

Depends on what you eat and how active you are. Gaining weight or losing weight both come down to calories in vs. calories out. If you consume more calories than you use, you *will* gain weight. If consume fewer than you use, you *will* lose weight. If you have tried and not seen results, you need to actually keep track. What you think you consume vs. what you actually consume can be very different things. At 300 pounds I honestly didn't think I ate very much more than anyone else. In volume, I may not have... but because I ate VERY high carb/calorie dense foods, I managed to be bigger than just about anyone else I knew. When someone suggested the whole calories in vs. calories out concept to me, I got absolutely pissed about it. I was horribly offended and thought he was accusing me of being a glutton. He wasn't... and my perception of how much I ate was WAY off base. I would suggest to you the same thing I suggest to anyone trying to lose weight. Don't change anything yet. Eat as you normally do but write everything down for a week or two. Figure out how many calories you consume every day. Use a calculator like this http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
to get an idea of what you need in a day... and then eat more than that. It's not an exact science... but it'll give you a decent baseline. If you expect to put on healthy weight, I would say that lifting and fairly high protein intake should definitely be a part of the process :) A weight gain shake may help to get the extra calories and protein in. Socalfreak has some suggestions on which ones work well for him.

Kilimandjaro

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on what you eat and how active you are. Gaining weight or losing weight both come down to calories in vs. calories out. If you consume more calories than you use, you *will* gain weight. If consume fewer than you use, you *will* lose weight. If you have tried and not seen results, you need to actually keep track. What you think you consume vs. what you actually consume can be very different things. At 300 pounds I honestly didn't think I ate very much more than anyone else. In volume, I may not have... but because I ate VERY high carb/calorie dense foods, I managed to be bigger than just about anyone else I knew. When someone suggested the whole calories in vs. calories out concept to me, I got absolutely pissed about it. I was horribly offended and thought he was accusing me of being a glutton. He wasn't... and my perception of how much I ate was WAY off base. I would suggest to you the same thing I suggest to anyone trying to lose weight. Don't change anything yet. Eat as you normally do but write everything down for a week or two. Figure out how many calories you consume every day. Use a calculator like this http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
to get an idea of what you need in a day... and then eat more than that. It's not an exact science... but it'll give you a decent baseline. If you expect to put on healthy weight, I would say that lifting and fairly high protein intake should definitely be a part of the process :) A weight gain shake may help to get the extra calories and protein in. Socalfreak has some suggestions on which ones work well for him.

hm i guess you are right! i probably don't eat very caloric food, i kinda eat healthy. I guess if i ate at some fastfood everyday i would gain some weight but i'm not sure it would be good for my wealth...
i will try to calculate my food calories ( to be honest it sound not easy to calculate at all lol)
Is Food consumptiong more important than exercise ?
I do want to gain weight but i guess it would be better if it was from muscle gain.
i had friends (who are into sport competition) who were all taking proteint supplement but one day they all get really sick for weeks because of it... it made me a bit scared of taking those kind of things.

i used your website and they say that i probably need 1,770 Calories/day to maintain my weight. i guess i need to know how much i calories i eat to have a proper idea of what it takes to gain some weight.
But what surprise me is that it seems that the more i do exercice the less chance i have to gain weight... i find it a bit confusing , it sound like i would be better doing nothing to gain weight while in my experience it seems that it's kinda the opposite , i get more slim when i don't do exercices.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
hm i guess you are right! i probably don't eat very caloric food, i kinda eat healthy. I guess if i ate at some fastfood everyday i would gain some weight but i'm not sure it would be good for my wealth...
i will try to calculate my food calories ( to be honest it sound not easy to calculate at all lol)
Is Food consumptiong more important than exercise ?
I do want to gain weight but i guess it would be better if it was from muscle gain.
i had friends (who are into sport competition) who were all taking proteint supplement but one day they all get really sick for weeks because of it... it made me a bit scared of taking those kind of things.

i used your website and they say that i probably need 1,770 Calories/day to maintain my weight. i guess i need to know how much i calories i eat to have a proper idea of what it takes to gain some weight.
But what surprise me is that it seems that the more i do exercice the less chance i have to gain weight... i find it a bit confusing , it sound like i would be better doing nothing to gain weight while in my experience it seems that it's kinda the opposite , i get more slim when i don't do exercices.

There are plenty of high-calorie healthy foods. As for protein supplements... I don't know what your friends weer taking but I know a LOT of people who use protein and the only "sickness" I've ever seen anyone get is mild stomach discomfort/gas from lactose intolerance or a little belly ache if they drink a huge shake on a totally empty stomach, post workout.

All of this is really more simple than you're trying to make it. The bottom line is this... It takes work to change your body. If you don't want to put forth the effort, stay skinny. If you eat shit food and do nothing, you may gain weight but it will be fat. If you want to gain muscle, you're going to have to eat a helluva lot more than 1,770 calories a day and you're going to have to lift. A lot. Gaining muscle is harder than losing fat... Let's just put that right out in front. So... if you want it, educate yourself and get to work. It's totally possible. Socalfreak has damn near doubled his body weight and he doesn't have a freaking ounce of fat on him... but it's taken a lot of time, a lot of sweat, and a LOT of food. There are no cheats... There is no easy way.

This is totally awesome and congrats to both of you. I have just begun starting to put in the work to change myself also. Looking so forward to it, finally in a position mentally to accomplish this and know that this time next year will be a change. Thanks for the inspiration you guys. Here's to your continued success!

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It most certainly does. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found someone who's so supportive :) He's always there to boost me up when I'm being hard on myself, encourage me when I'm losing motivation, talk me into going to the gym when I'm being lazy, nudge me to ease up when I'm going too hard, hide the maple candy from me because I know I don't have enough self control to not eat it all in one sitting... and even give me space when I need time to throw a hissy because I'm not where I want to be yet lol He's loved me through many phases of my body (and mind) and tells me to get as big and strong as I want with no hint of being intimidated when I say I'm gonna outlift him lol I definitely hit the jackpot and I wouldn't be where I am without him.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I see posts and pics from both of you two and I think you're really cool people.

Me and @Countryguy63 met on here about 6 years ago and we've been together ever since as well. :)

Aww thanks :) It's pretty cool to see other people who met here and are holding down happy relationships :) Had anyone ever told me I was going to meet the love of my life on a big dick website and we'd live happily/sweatily/swoll ever after... I'd have laughed my ass off. But here we are... lol