Some people aren't very bright.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A text conversation I just had with some random stranger... text convo still in progress...

Them: "Wats ur skedule"

Me: "Um... I don't know you."

Them: "This is luz pinto rite"
Them again: "Isn't this luz tho u know luz pinto"

Me: "No. I have no idea who that is."

Them: "Oh ok ummmm.. r u sure cuz i got his numb of her facebook uhhh wats ur name"

Me: "I'm pretty sure I know who I am and who my friends are. She needs to update her Facebook or something, I have had this number for about 8 months."

Them: "dude r u sur this is not luz...r u a girl r a boy ? ? ?"

Me: "Oh my god. Yes! I am sure of my identity! I'm a 28 year old single mom. My name is Meghan."

Them: "Ummm r u a boy r a girl wats ur name srry"

Me: "I just told you my name and my sex. If you don't understand that, then I'm sorry."

Them: "Well i didnt get tht message then"

Me: "Alright. My name is Meghan. I'm 28 years old."

If I weren't so bored, I'd just quit answering until they gave up. But at least it's some form of entertainment. :tongue:

Cila

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow!! Talk about should've been swallowed. I barely understood their texting (I'm showing my age aren't I?)
That there is a future leader. Are you afraid yet?

Bob Ross

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got a voicemail once from a wrong number who was asking me to post bail money for them...Needless to say I think it was a waste of his "one phonecall"...I will say this; he had much better grammar than your new mystery friend, Meg.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Do you have no qualms about giving out personal information, e.g. name, age, marital/child status, to a stranger who text's you? How do you even know it's a seventh grader and not someone fishing for info?
Color me cautious, I guess.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
^ When I got my first text capable phone, I received a spam text within half an hour of turning it on. I immediately called my provider, had them put a text block on my phone, and I've never received a text since. Really, what's so hard about talking to someone or leaving a voicemail?

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A text conversation I just had with some random stranger... text convo still in progress...

Them: "Wats ur skedule"

Me: "Um... I don't know you."

Them: "This is luz pinto rite"
Them again: "Isn't this luz tho u know luz pinto"

Me: "No. I have no idea who that is."

Them: "Oh ok ummmm.. r u sure cuz i got his numb of her facebook uhhh wats ur name"

Me: "I'm pretty sure I know who I am and who my friends are. She needs to update her Facebook or something, I have had this number for about 8 months."

Them: "dude r u sur this is not luz...r u a girl r a boy ? ? ?"

Me: "Oh my god. Yes! I am sure of my identity! I'm a 28 year old single mom. My name is Meghan."

Them: "Ummm r u a boy r a girl wats ur name srry"

Me: "I just told you my name and my sex. If you don't understand that, then I'm sorry."

Them: "Well i didnt get tht message then"

Me: "Alright. My name is Meghan. I'm 28 years old."

If I weren't so bored, I'd just quit answering until they gave up. But at least it's some form of entertainment. :tongue:
It is plain, if not obvious, that whoever this bonehead was, he was not entirely sober. Possibly a recent spliff trustee who didn't know where he was.

LMAO, classic!
Dig it.

Meh. Doesn't bother me any. They aren't going to get much information out of an age and a first name. And this phone isn't even in my name, and is in fact in the same of a male who lives two states away from me. They won't be accomplishing much. :tongue:
With their apparent lack of cognitive and/or reasoning skills, that's incredibly hard not to believe there, Meg.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What's wrong with texting? I prefer conversations if I just want to talk with someone, or we are doing something that require some planning, but if it is just quick bits of info texting is great. I don't have to worry about them not being able to answer their phone. So it is basically like voice mail, except way faster and less annoying imo. I don't have to wait for the phone to go to voice mail, and I don't have to hear any "sorry I guess I can't reach the phone right now! Leave a message!" messages. And on my end, I don't have to listen to the robo women tell me I have 1 new voice message. No shit, that's the whole fucking reason I'm accessing my voice mail, because my phone already told me I had one! And it is easier to relook up any info in texts than listening to the voice message again. And my texts have the date in an easy place to read, I don't have to go through a crappy number punch system just to get extra info. And I can send and receive picture messages, I can't do that with my voice, unless I want to describe the picture I otherwise would be sending to them. In fact, I hate voice mail. Like Lance Armstrong said in that commercial, if you are going to leave me a message that is "hey it's <person>, call me back." you might as well text me (assuming you can).

I will say I hate text speak, but people do that shit on the internet all the time anyways. I almost always type in full words and with whatever level one might consider my grammar to be at.

Last edited:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I txtd a question to a friend about his big dick once... I got a reply for a 12yr old girl's big sister... I apologized and explained the mix up. Then I kicked my friends ass for not telling me he changed phone numbers.....:rolleyes:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got a voicemail once from a wrong number who was asking me to post bail money for them...Needless to say I think it was a waste of his "one phonecall"...I will say this; he had much better grammar than your new mystery friend, Meg.
On my answering machine, I clearly identify myself by first and last name and state my phone number. Yet I have gotten wrong-number or wrong-person messages, including one for some woman whose child was in trouble at school. In one case, some idiot called several times to leave messages for somebody. NONE of the callers expressed any uncertainty about whether they were calling the right number! Fucking morons.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
On my answering machine, I clearly identify myself by first and last name and state my phone number. Yet I have gotten wrong-number or wrong-person messages, including one for some woman whose child was in trouble at school. In one case, some idiot called several times to leave messages for somebody. NONE of the callers expressed any uncertainty about whether they were calling the right number! Fucking morons.

LMAO... mine just says "leave a message at the beep"

That's all the information they get, if the person knows me they will know my voice.:wink:

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately I only have this standard text on my answering machine, cause I never bothered to change it so far. Last week I got a message on it by some woman wanting to apologize her daughter for not coming to school today, cause she was sick. The same day I had a message of someone trying to cancel their doctor's appointment, and Sunday morning at 8am some Pizza delivery service called me to tell me my Pizza was being delivered a little late........WHAT PIZZA?! :rofl:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Morons, part two: Once, I got a telephone number for person X, dialed the number, and got this:

Me: Is X there?

Call recipient: You must have the wrong number.

Me: I'm sorry; is this 123-4567? [whatever number it was]

CR: I don't give out my telephone number.

Me (after a moment of utter stupefaction): Look, I have no idea who you are. I just dialed this number, so either I've got your phone number right here or I dialed wrong. I just need to know whether the number that I dialed is 123-4567 so that I don't waste my time dialing the number again if this is not X's number.

CR: I don't give out my phone number.

Me: (silent stupefaction again)

CR: (hangs up)

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LMAO... mine just says "leave a message at the beep"

That's all the information they get, if the person knows me they will know my voice.:wink:
I hate dealing with messages like that. For one thing, not every person whom I call is so familiar to me that I can recognize their voice in a recording played over the telephone; for another, short messages give me no time to think about what to say or whether I want to leave a message at all.