Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yep. I believe someone I work with is tilting nails under my tires so I get a flat as I back out of the parking space. I literally walk around the car and check for this each day after work but forgot yesterday and once again had a flat. I want to set up a camera but not sure what that involves and know I would need to get the permission of the work place. So I thought maybe I would open this up to ideas on how to solve the problem. I have tried to change the place where I park and it doesn't seem to help. Very frustrating. Ideas?

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you should talk to your boss about it. He/she should take this issue very seriously and ought to take some responsibility in ensuring that you feel safe at work. If you don't feel supported by your boss get a new job.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Talking to your boss could also help you discover if there are already cameras that could catch the person doing it. Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to go to your boss?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would definitely go to my boss and honestly since property damage is being done you could probably report this to the police.

Last edited by a moderator:

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Talking to your boss and filing a report with the police is definitely the way to go. You should if you have not already done so, put together a mental list of people that might have a motive for this. Since it is happening regularly it does not seem random to me.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
What makes you certain that someone at work is doing this? Do you have any feuds or issues with your colleagues? I mean could it be random vandals who enjoy winding people up instead?

I mean either way it's something you should probably mention to your boss since you should be able to expect that your car would be safely parked at work.

LeftHookBrutal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you should go with the camera idea, because it's possible there are two or three people in on it together, and if the boss catches one guy he'll punish him, think the matter is resolved, the other guys will temporarily stop doing it, and then start a while later. Also, what happens if the guy doing it has an important role at the place where you work? If this is the case, your boss may catch the guy, give him a stern rebuke, and then allow him to keep working there, and you'll be none the wiser as to who was doing this. Remember business always comes first for a boss.

I don't know much about technology, but these days you could probably buy a tiny video camera that could be hidden away. Make sure it is well hidden though. Put a jumper up on the area beneath the back windscreen with the camera hidden in it. Arrange the jumper in a mangled position where the camera can record what is going on from out of a cranny (within the jumper). Push it in deep so it isn't visible but is covered by darkness. Rememer, the sun changes position throughout the day: you don't want light shining in the cranny so the camera can be seen.

If you are willing to sacrifice a few dollars you could even hire a private investigator.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I agree with that last comment. Screw the boss. What should he care??

Get a camcorder with a good battery life, mount it the car (covered up with shirts or a towel or something so it's disguised) and hope to catch the guy. If you're lucky enough to get him on "film", kill him. (Come ON! ...JUST JOKING!)

If you do catch the culprit, call the cops, file a police report, and report it to the boss. Then sue in civil court.

Or.... :cool:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
This is a criminal act. It does not matter if the property the act takes place on is owned by your employer or not. I would initially go to the police and take the receipts for the tire repairs with you when you go. Make certain that you can show on paper that something out of the ordinary is taking place. Also, when you have the tires repaired or replaced find and keep the items that punctured the tires. Because this IS a criminal act, it is still a violation of law. In addition, you will need the evidence be it nails, drywall screws etc.

You need to have evidence my friend and I will tell you that the person doing this has a good chance of spotting a camera quickly. What needs to be done is an investigation by individuals skilled and trained in doing this.

You will need the following:

Receipts for the damage for the tires and photocopies of them to give to the agency.
You will need the material evidence which are the projectile items removed from the tires.

Don't reveal to the boss unless you have to do so. For one reason or another vandalism to vehicles is one of the ways that bad people get rid of employees they "don't like" or want to replace with one of their friends or relatives. Your Boss could be nice to your face and stabbing you in the back when you're not looking. In an act such as this you need to go way above the lower level supervisors. Unless your Boss happens to own the Company, be careful, as was said somewhere else, this may be more than one person. I would also consult a private attorney serving your area with regards to your legal rights on this one. You may be entitled to all kinds of things depending on what is found if you pursue it. Damages can be assessed against individuals, against the company, and maybe against an outside vendor serving the company who just does not happen to like your car.

In the Los Angeles area a few years ago a group of Eco Terrorists went into an automobile dealership in as I remember West Covina, California which for those not familiar is about 30 miles east of Los Angeles on I-10. These people repeatedly went into this dealership and vandalized large Cadillacs and they really went nuts eventually torching a bunch of Hummers that this dealer later sold for GM. They were caught, but, throwing these morons in the can did not pay for the million dollars in destroyed Caddy's and Hummers when this took place. They broke glass, poured gasoline into the vehicles and lit them. There was Los Angeles News Coverage and a News Helcopter over watching this stuff burn. If you have an SUV or pickup or some other vehicle that is not popular you can be a victim because of that. In addition, there are people who will damage diesels because they perceive them all to be huge polluters, others will damage imports because it puts Americans out of work. There are a million reasons that you or your car could have been targeted. Let the police department do this. If they do not have the authority, they will tell you. Your companies willing participation will depend on who the culprit turns out to be. Police First, then the Company. . . . . . In some jurisdictions police surveillance on private property does not require the consent of the property owner if that property has public access. Laws vary, again this is why Police First, Attorney Second, and the Company last after you have the information from the others as to what they are capable of doing.

One other option is a P.I. with a camera. A well trained P.I. will catch the person in the act of doing it. The orders are not to do anything other than let that P.I. catch the perp red handed and get the evidence. Then you have again a range of options available to you.

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Take a sick day from work and have a friend drop your car to it's usual spot in the lot.

Use a motion activated cam to capture the "Oh, fuck!" look on the perps face when he thinks he's been getting the wrong car. :smile:

Actually FuzzyKen gave the best advice.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Did you do something to piss off somebody? If someone could be mad at you, that would narrow down the field of candidates. I can admit to having had thoughts of doing the same thing to a guy who fucked me (not literally!). Could be a crazy road rage guy too.

Call the cops the next time.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe I know who is doing it. No proof yet. She has had very manic episodes at work and others are aware of her general behavior. We are in a setting with a strong union...that we are both apart of ...and while the union is allowing me some counsel, they can't officially take a side. She is close to retirement and I believe the powers that be, while sympathetic to me, are indeed following a slow due process investigation of her behavior. They have no cameras currently but are checking if that is possible. Today I will file a police report about the car and keep the evidence of nails and payment of replacement tires. This a person I have had to turn in two letters of complaint against this past two months for extreme behavior including screaming in meetings, pounding fists on a desk, gossip (bully behavior). Again, I know I have no proof she is also working on my tires but 6 nails in the same two months and the tire place said the placement on both tires with nails are exact in measurement. I am really continuing professional behavior and never in a room with her alone...actually I don't see her around. It is upsetting and I want it to stop... but trying to document the best I can. Hope that fills in the blanks. Thanks again for the help guys

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm one of those people that don't trust the system and would much rather do things my way. I suggest parking your car in it's usual place and having a trusted friend stake out the car with this parked underneath:

RC - Remote Control Air Horn Prank

If you were particularly evil, I 'd replace the air horn with mace.