Someone took my towel at the gym....and used it.....

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That happened to me once at Bally's years ago.
I came out of the shower, and the towel I'd placed on the hook outside the shower was gone. I had to put my pants on while I was soaking wet so I could go out to the front desk. The kind folks at Bally's were generous enough to sell me a towel. ...For all the good it did because my pants were now soaking wet (and I had to drive home like that). I was livid!
They say You learn by being burned...ever since then my towel stays locked in my locker right up until I walk out of the shower.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder if the taker of the towel had kind of a fetish for you...I mean you have a hot body and all. I can't see how someone would not recognize their own towel. I know some guys say they steal jocks etc...not my world but it happens

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They take your towel so that you have to walk around with your dick swinging and everybody can have a look. maybe you'd do better at keeping towels if you had an uglier cock, bro!

HA. I had just come out of the shower and had my track pants on. No shirt though :wink:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
.......I sometimes think some people at the gym are just plain stupid......
People are stupid, lazy and opportunistic. Also lacking in basic ethics and common courtesy.
They fail to plan ahead enough to bring their own damn towel, so they take yours.
Honestly, kids today.

Ok Ladies. Make out and make up:rolleyes:
We just might do that. As for calling us ladies, speak for yourself, Nancy. :wink:

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who the FUCK does that? I mean REALLY!?! Who in Shiva's, Allah's, God's, and/or Buddha's name takes someone's towel off a towel rack at the gym, uses it, then when confronted says "Oh I thought someone just left it there?" I think my head may just explode right now!:puke::lame::aargh4::soapbox:

Oh, that is really fucked up and totally nasty...I'd be keeping my towel with me.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you bring your own towel, someone claiming he mistook it for his own is pretty lame.
My gym provides towels. They are all white and identical so taking someone else's could be a pretty innocent mistake. I've seen guys who pin their locker key to the towel. Then someone takes their towel and they are wet and naked with no towel or locker key (or access to their clothes). I've lost my towel several times over the years so I keep my key fastened to my medical neck chain and if someone takes my towel at least I have my key and a spare towel in my locker.
Dave

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, no excuse if it's clearly not a gym-supplied towel. People used to lose them all the time at the Central Y in SF. You'd know it because you'd hear a "Fuck!" from the walled-off drying off area in the center of the sauna, steam room and shower rooms. The drier your towel was, the more at risk you were of having some hosebag steal it. Usually it wasn't even guys without their own towel... theirs had just gotten too wet from to much movement between pool, steam room and showers. I've even seen guys walk along the wall feeling towels to find which one was driest.

I started bringing brightly colored ones from home, then tying one in a knot on the hook. Always a spare in the locker.

That ended the towel ripoffs, but over the years there I lost 3 pairs of really nice squarecut Speedos from right off the hook while I was in the sauna. You wanna wear my what?

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
God, I hate when that happens! Then they offer to give it back to you wet after they've dried their ass crack. um . . . no thanks, I'll just drip. The worst was when I had hung my towel up to dry in the sauna, and the management used it to wrap up a drunk smelly homeless guy who'd gotten naked and nearly drowned in the jacuzzi. "oh, we're sorry, do you want it back?" um . . .

I'd hold onto that towel until the homeless guy's smell wears off. >:p

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't usually shower at the gym just because I use the cardio on the way there and back as warmup and cooldown. But, I have had the gross experience of being in the middle of some exercise, all covered with sweat and reaching down for my own towel (which I always know exactly where I've put it and always take it with me if moving more than a few feet) and instead of feeling the clean dry cloth on my face I last had, getting the moist, rank, greasy sensation of someone else's funk!

How fucking nasty! It's only happened to me a few times in all the years of lifting where someone else has put their towel down next to or on mine and then grabbed the wrong one and left me theirs. But that's still enough that I try to keep a sharp eye on mine now.

Besides the yuck factor, from a medical standpoint the gym is a germ haven, not to mention that if you are working out like you should be, the trauma of lifting and such puts your body in a position of being temporarily more susceptible to germs. Switching towels and the fact that I never see other guys wash their hands is just so nasty!

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Whether I have to furnish my own towel, or one is provided...(one of my gyms supplies towels..the other does not)...I carry a large US Flag Bag with a draw string closing. The towel is kept inside. I hang it over the hook or whatever and it plain to see that it is not theirs. I never lose my towel, nor is it used by others.

I learned this trick at Summer YMCA Camp when I was a young camp counselor....