Something I don't understand...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Kodak101, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Kodak101

Kodak101 Member

Why do people hate the gay community so much? I am personally 100% straight, but I respect the decisions people make, and being gay is one of those decisions (or destinys, whatever it is). All the haters need to just simply relax, and if it doesn't hurt their personal lives, they shouldn't matter. I used to think "ew, gay videos, filth of the world" but now, as I'm older and more mature, I realize that real people are involved in this videos, and real people enjoy these videos. I'm 100% fine with the gay community, except when dealing with public displays of affections (when it goes too far, I'm the same way with straight public displays of affection as well, keep it in the bedroom :D)

2. AmbiDexBate

AmbiDexBate New Member

I don't know about you, but I still think "ew, gay videos" :p

That said, I have no problem with gay people. More women for me!

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Simply put: People tend to hate what they don't understand.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its always puzzled me too. The kind of vitriolic hate of gays I have seen displayed has always dismayed me. And hate like that doesn't come naturally. It has to be learned.

5. classact1979

classact1979 New Member

Albums:
    I personally enjoy watching MM and FF action on vids. I'm completely straight, but I find variety really is the spice of life for my visual stimulation.

6. D_Poppy_Cocque

D_Poppy_Cocque New Member

Amen.

7. toadstool

toadstool New Member

gay straight or bi i love them all

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is that why I hated algebra? :rolleyes:

- - - - - - -

I think fewer and fewer people are hating gay communities. Cheers for that. The hate is fostered by religious beliefs, and religion is losing it's grip on people's minds regarding what is "right" and "wrong" sexually.

9. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

Some of us think it comes from reading the Bible.:censored:

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Lack of understanding and fear of the unknown.

11. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Ok I think I've said this more than a few times on this site but I think it has to do with guys mostly. It's mostly guys who are freaked or hate guy on guy sex or love. So many guys can't imagine themselves (ourselves) being intimate with someone who may look like themselves. I mean, if I had a perfect twin (but not related) would I want to jump his bones or not? Would I want to make out with myself or my best buddy? I've had conversations about this with male friends, and for some it always comes down to this same thing. And it's generally that fear.

12. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I am perfectly fine with the gay community. I mean fuck, they are still human beings, no different that heterosexuals.

Everyone needs love, no matter what sex you happen find it with. I get hit on my many gay men on here and I find it very flattering. It's flattering from the nice gay guys, and I usually find myself being friends with them. Not so much with the forceful guys. But it's still flattering.:redface:

13. auncut10in

auncut10in Well-Known Member

Albums:
    in San Francisco until April, then back sailing in
    So if the hatred comes from reading the Bible, why don't these same people hate women that wear make-up and gold jewelery or speak in church. (Timothy 2:9-12) or does the Apostle Paul not count as a writer in the Bible because he is saying something you don't agree with? (and you know there are countless condemnations on everything from women having short hair to approving of slavery.)

So here is the big question to you SpeedoMike, If hatred comes from reading the Bible, why does Christ's message of love get so easily shoved aside? It seems to me that some people use the Bible as a weapon to hate others or things they do not agree with. It has nothing to do with God His message or his love of mankind. (this big type stuff is kinda fun)

14. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hello
    I agree with you auncut10in
    Thank You.

15. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because God's message of "love" is actually pretty rare in the Bible, and it gets no more emhasis than His messages of hate, intolerance, and Christ's own self-pity, enigmatic behaviour, and self-absorption. There's a lot of enigmatic statements in the Bible, even open contradictions.

(We should throw away the Old Testament: IMHO, it's pretty much filled with preposterous fiction and obscene gibberish.)

The message lost? Where is the message, and why doesn't it shine out clearly above the other dross? Is one bit of the Bible true, ond others not? How does a poor believer tell one from the other? Is it all simply symbolic?

My personal opinion is that the message of love comes more form the hearts and lives of believers, than from "God" or the Bible. Believers make a huge effort to read "love" into the Bible, and it's a daunting task.

16. auncut10in

auncut10in Well-Known Member

Albums:
    in San Francisco until April, then back sailing in
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or have never really read the Gospels, or you really believe that. One would be very hard pressed to read about the life of Christ and say that his message of love was not very prominent in his words. Everything he did was pointed to loving others from caring for the widow, the children, your neighbor, even loving your enemy, culminating with a "new commandment I give unto you, to love one another as I have loved you." I don't really want this to turn into some religious discussion, but I am pretty confused by your answer.

17. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hello
    Headbang8, i can see what your saying i think, i would like to offer this as a way of explanation.

God talks very little but when he does it is normally "if you do this or that i will do this or that", every time god has talked in the bible he starts with wanting the best for the person/peoples to whom he is speaking with, which may take 2 lines or ten depending on what he said.

then after these persons/peoples have rejected what was on offer we get whole books of consequences of there decisions.

then god sends Jesus to try and show us but most people did not want it or want to forgive, no they wanted revenge instead, so we then have more writing about that.

just look at the laws of the Jews, over 700 yet god said "if you want i will make you a holy nation", his statement to them may have taken 5 lines yet we have books of what happened.

That is why the good will of god is out shined, if you read the bible as a dad to son the way you would talk to your son then it becomes very clear.

auncut10in, i have meet many people that feel the same way, they are not against good will or god or Jesus, they are just against what they think is bad will weather from man or god.

well thats my view and i know many do not agree, but that is the whole point of free will hey.

Thank You.

18. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't know many women who hate 'the gay community' but I know quite a few men who do, in many cases I think it's because they secretly fear they fit in that community.

Draft saved Draft deleted