Something In The air? A New kind Of War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr. Snakey, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Before 2001 many such as i, living in the New York/ New Jersey area felt something was in the air. We knew we would be attacked. We just didn't know how. Then 911 happened. The last few months i and others in my area have been getting that feeling again. The first ever Federal Emergency Alert System was tested nationwide on November 9th. Hence a further gut feeling that something was in the air again. A friend said it would be a dirty bomb. My brother said it would be a suitcase nuke. I said no it will be Cyberwarfare. Well i am sorry say it has happened. Foreign attackers have targeted a U.S. water plant. Doing damage. A cyber attack on the critical infrastructure. This is the future of modern warfare.

Foreign hackers hit water system in Illinois...

First infrastructure sabotage...

#1 Mr. Snakey, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. B_chinagirl4u2

B_chinagirl4u2 New Member

Damn.. those Canadians

3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Imo, targeting infrastructure is one of the oldest tactics in warfare.

4. 7Chance

7Chance Member

Check out Clif High at Halfpasthuman..............

5. lucky8

Gold Member

We started it...

6. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:

This attacs allready happen since 2000... But no gov wanna talk about that problem till 2007. Cause they feared bad relations to china and who will blame hisself that they cant protect the country?

But in 2007 the cyberattacs nearly exploded in numbers... That was the first time the us gov named china as the major attacker. But china doesnt care. The gov creates "privat companies" who attac other countries and steel information from companies... So the chinese gov can say thats privat people, not the gov that attacs america... All the time the chinese gov can say, as soon as we find these people we arrest them and the attacing will stop... LOL they never try

The best way to akt with china is stop trading and isolate from the internet...

7. AmiralMauth

AmiralMauth New Member

I am personally not very concerned about the terrorist threat. It's not that I don't think there will ever be another terrorist attack, or that I think that the free world has won over the Islamists. I am just very confident in our abilities to detect and premptively destroy terrorist ops, and, failing that, respond with the force and brutality needed to make the costs of executing terrorist ops preventatively high.

Also, I am not really worried about getting hit by a large-scale chemical, biological, or nuclear attack. Such huge ops rarely remain under wraps, are extremely difficult to execute without a great deal of communication and cooperation, and besides, let us imagine that the US or another western nation were to get hit with a dirty bomb. Say that 20,000 people were to die. Well, I am certain that the resultant punishment would make Dresden look like a minor nosebleed.

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I agree this type of warfare has been around for a long time. China has been launching cyber attacks on the U.S. and other countries for many years. Another attack from China targeting chemical firms in the U.S in October. Another attack from China yesterday targeting the gas and oil systems in Norway. And yes we all know about the cyber attacks by The U.S. and Israel on the Iran nuclear power plant. This latest attack may be from Russia in response to that. Who knows? In my conversations with people within my own community, i was simply shocked. They haven't a clue as to whats going on. I knew i could count on L.S.P. G. members knowing about whats going on in the word. I also thank you for your responses. I also have to commend President Obama for his actions alerting the American people.

Cyber attack from China targets chemical firms - Technology ...

Norway Cyber Attack Targets Country's Oil, Gas Systems

9. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    you have to imagen in china are hundret or thousend of groups of hacker. Some professional some amateurs... But all of them get payd direkt or indirekt by the gov. No one cares what they are hacking as long as they hack... As soon as a single person or group finds a weakpoint in a security system (no matter whoms, it can be a company, a gov agency or infrastruktur) the information about the found weaknes goes straight to the chinese army... Thousand or ten thousand hacker work for the chinese gov...

I cant remember the name right now but the chinese army has also his own hacker department... The short track is something like SNARF or SNAFT. This department starts also attacks...

Will research the name

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I think it would be incredibly naive to think that the US had not seen the potential of cyber warfare a long time ago. I would suggest that other countries have just begun to catch up.

11. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    didnt i read some fuss that windows is designed so the US government can hack into it any time it wants? That this is one reason outsiders can hack into it so much...because its designed to allow it.

Draft saved Draft deleted