Something to think about.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Larry_Burpengary, May 6, 2011.

1. D_Larry_Burpengary

D_Larry_Burpengary New Member

May 1, 2011
    If you were the person on scene calling the shots to kills osama would you have done it?

THink about it , this man is responsible for so much ( as far as we know ) wouldn't you want to ask him something with a gun to his head? There is so much controversy about him that i think its safe to say that i want to have a beer with him before i kill him...

and thats my 2 cents
    #1 D_Larry_Burpengary, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Aside from the fact that "having a beer" with a genocidal ideologue holds no interest for me, his strict interpretation of Islamic law would have prevented such a meeting from actually taking place.

As to the "would you?" aspect of the question, I'm not a military person and would find it extraordinarily difficult to actually kill another human being (regardless of the circumstances). The military and police are there, at least in part, to be executioners when called upon to do so in the exercise of their chosen profession.

I'm obviously grateful for their ability to do their job (much as I am with butchers, not to equate the two in any manner whatsoever), as it keeps me safe and prevents the necessity of my needing to do so myself.

I'm literally on my way out the door to work. I'm sure I'll have more to add later.
Draft saved Draft deleted