Something's missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I noticed the first warning sign a few days ago, when his avatar dissapeared.

Now, today, i can't send him a private message.

I have a deep-seated, pit of stomach, sixth sense feeling that he has left us.

No grand finale, no warning, just *poof* he's gone.

Alex8, if ever you read this, know i miss you and hope you well!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I noticed the first warning sign a few days ago, when his avatar dissapeared.

Now, today, i can't send him a private message.

I have a deep-seated, pit of stomach, sixth sense feeling that he has left us.

No grand finale, no warning, just *poof* he's gone.

Alex8, if ever you read this, know i miss you and hope you well!
Alex said he was going on vacation for a couple of weeks.:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was hoping it was something as simple as that, but i never noticed him say that. :smile:
He said in his signature He will be on vacation for 17 days. Jeffy is going for a couple of weeks too They are 2 great guys It will be a long couple of weeks without them:smile:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a feeling it may possibly have something to do with our "spat" - as it were - on th eggcorns thread since that was his final post. In an effort to bring him back I've taken Lex's advice and pmed him (in kindness and friendship) and this is what I got:

"alex8 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

I suspect he's making a statement. He's been disgruntled (which I understand all too well) often lately. Additionally drama seems to be a characteristic he and I share in large volume.

** sorry jbt. I didn't read your pm part nor did I Lex's advice about the site email piece properly before this. I have alex's home email. I'm not sure I should give it out but I can personally email and ask him if you'd like.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well Joyboytoy?

I emailed Alex in Germany with what I'd have sent him in pm here:

Here's the response I've just gotten with the subject line which read:

"AUTORESPONSE"

"Alex8 will no longer be an active participant in LPSG discussions. He will henceforth be focusing instead on bringing various exciting new personal and work-related projects to fruition. Alex8 extends his best wishes to those who continue to contribute in a positive way to the LPSG experience, and wishes them and the site well in the future."

Basta cosi (enough already).

**lowers curtain slowly and shuts out the lights moving on to the next

:rolleyes: <------------------------ in Alex's honor.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I suspect he's making a statement. He's been disgruntled (which I understand all too well) often lately. Additionally drama seems to be a characteristic he and I share in large volume.

I think this statement is a bit silly, Stronzo. When I think of you and Alex, I see no similarities whatsoever. Completely different backgrounds, completely different ideas of life...there are different kinds of drama between you both, as well. You seem to seek drama whereas, Alex seems to have drama follow him around.

It's like night and day.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are allowed to think as you wish jeff.

My point is we're both "drama queens". And yes we are like 'day and night' in other ways. Thank goodness for that since he's intentionally unkind without provocation.

You suprise me jeff with this post.

Pecker said:
08-05-2006: "However, this is absolutely my final post." :rolleyes:

...Alas, poor Alex! I knew him, Horatio...

Exactly

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Emotions are going to run high. I suggest we all try to remember that whatever his reasons for leaving, alex was adult enough to make them and, hopefully, live with them.

He left of his own accord and will return (or not) due to the same.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
You are allowed to think as you wish jeff.

My point is we're both "drama queens". And yes we are like 'day and night' in other ways. Thank goodness for that since he's intentionally unkind without provocation.

You suprise me jeff with this post.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your comments, Stronzo. I took it as you were claiming that you were identical to him, which is clearly not the case.

I think my greatest amount of surprise, Stronzo, comes from the words you are using to describe someone I care for. I have never flagged you as a guy who made comments (such as the one above) like that. The man was never unkind without being provoked first.

Also, I think it is important to note that EVERYONE here, understood Alex's sense of humour. To get upset about something he said is about as silly as getting upset because I took a picture down in my gallery... there is just no reason to be so.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Emotions are going to run high. I suggest we all try to remember that whatever his reasons for leaving, alex was adult enough to make them and, hopefully, live with them.

He left of his own accord and will return (or not) due to the same.

Yes. Agreed.

In an attempt to respond to jbt's intent in creating this thread I made an honest attempt at reconciliation in the off chance I was partly the reason for his leaving. However alex seems to have been pretty soured on the place since he purposely orchestrated his own banning back two months ago. And 'drama follows him'? :rolleyes:

I think we all love a bit of 'drama'. It spices up the site.

Whatever the case I like the man. And more often than not he had my respect. Do I think he can be vicious and categorical (much as I can)? Yes. But I've experienced personally too much of it "out of the blue" which I don't particularly appreciate. It's what I see as a very pivotal difference in our respective input on this site.

I tried in pm to ask him to stop... often.

He didn't reply to any of those pms.

Finally when I saw he was "doing it again" without provocation I decided I'd shoot him a good shot back. Seems he's gotten the messsage.

He and I had a fairly decent off-board rapport. We both have an exhalted opinion of ourselves. But he seems not to be inclined to take that which he dishes out in equal share so if that's his reason for shutting down his membership I say it's up to him.

But more broadly, I'll take him at his word where he says;

"Alex8 will no longer be an active participant in LPSG discussions. He will henceforth be focusing instead on bringing various exciting new personal and work-related projects to fruition. Alex8 extends his best wishes to those who continue to contribute in a positive way to the LPSG experience, and wishes them and the site well in the future."

....... since I'd similarly want to be given the benefit of the doubt.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And yes we are like 'day and night' in other ways. Thank goodness for that since he's intentionally unkind without provocation.

Stronzo, you know I like you, and have liked the steel in your posts. But on this, I have to say I don't recall seeing Alex8 being unkind, or acting without provocation. I don't think I saw him pick a fight, and I don't think that fighting was a satisfying thing for him, in and of itself. I wish sometimes we could all meet in a bar. It's easier in a bar sometimes to spot guys who come in just itching for a fight, who will keep saying things until they get one started. Somehow, I just did not get that vibe from Alex.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ledroit said:
Stronzo, you know I like you, and have liked the steel in your posts. But on this, I have to say I don't recall seeing Alex8 being unkind, or acting without provocation. I don't think I saw him pick a fight, and I don't think that fighting was a satisfying thing for him, in and of itself. I wish sometimes we could all meet in a bar. It's easier in a bar sometimes to spot guys who come in just itching for a fight, who will keep saying things until they get one started. Somehow, I just did not get that vibe from Alex.

I like you too and in this you disappoint. You're not here as much as alex and I.

You missed that unkindnesses ledroit and I'm not going to post references endlessley to support it. He was subliminal in his posturing as the board seer and sage. He'd arrive at some thread out of the blue and not add anything of substance to a topic yet correct a person's typing errors.

Indeed he challenged the mods (much as I was "with him" on it) and the authority of board ownership and moderation in an overt attempt of that which he often accused me "self-centeredness".

I guess he could recognize most easily that which he saw in himself. This is not a terribly difficult call.

Moreover-

He'll survive and so will the board.

Beyond endlessly correcting my typographical errors (when I'd privately implored him to stop to no avail) and calling me a "racist" I'd say the unkindness merited his being called on it since he took such obvious delight in scrutinizing from "on high".

But that decision is mine (how to counteract his offense) - and as in "alex's ideal" it's up to the board (us) to reconcile differences rather than the moderator team.

There may well be a method to his madness. No one can accuse the fellow of "no smarts":wink:

I suspect that Jeff is the only person who knows why Alex decided to leave. Whatever his reason, he opted for a quiet departure. Let's let him leave the way he prefers and not second guess his motives.

Amen John.

Status
Not open for further replies.