Something's missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
But that decision is mine (how to counteract his offense)...

Not my place to comment on the interpersonal dynamics/details here, but my noob reaction is: gay or straight - part of being a gentleman is learning to concede a point without being verbose about it. And being a gentleman is made painstakingly clear as a personal attribute or goal by members in their writings here.

It's kinda like being in traffic - if you let somebody pass, you now have more control over their actions - and can benefit from their mistakes. Ultimately, you wind up at your destination anyway...

Surprised and intrigued here... that it has escalated and the scope of it (across many threads) :biggrin1:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not my place to comment on the interpersonal dynamics/details here, but my noob reaction is: gay or straight - part of being a gentleman is learning to concede a point without being verbose about it. And being a gentleman is made painstakingly clear as a personal attribute or goal by members in their writings here.

Have you seen our thread on manners and their bi-partisan uselessness here dan? It may well be worth a search. It runs the gamut between your thinking to the more pervasive "manners are a bullshit" excuse that by not saying what's really on your mind you're covering up your real feelings. :rolleyes:

I, as it happens, agree with you about the manners piece. I think they're due the mannerly.

Verbosity is the very nature of the place and why both parties in quesiton have had considerable tenure here.

It's kinda like being in traffic - if you let somebody pass, you now have more control over their actions - and can benefit from their mistakes. Ultimately, you wind up at your destination anyway...

This is admirable. But some of us have heavier feet on that accelerator. It's the nature of the species.

Surprised and intrigued here... that it has escalated and the scope of it (across many threads) :biggrin1:

That's the most astute observation you could make in my opinion.

It may just be it's ultimate intent.

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
You missed that unkindnesses ledroit and I'm not going to post references endlessley to support it. He was subliminal in his posturing as the board seer and sage. He'd arrive at some thread out of the blue and not add anything of substance to a topic yet correct a person's typing errors.

Yes, he would ... and so what, Stronzie?
He corrected me often enough ... I corrected him several times ... and it was all in good fun.
If you took it more personally, you have that right. And if you told him in PM that you found this practice offensive, I suppose he continued on this path at his peril
But I can't help thinking you overplayed the whole thing, that you attributed far more malice to Alex than was ever really there (now, naughtiness he had scads of ... but that's something quite different) and, well, you and I have discussed this before (not, to be sure, with Alex as part of the discussion's focus).

All this said, Alex made the decision he made for a reason none of us quite knows, and which he probably doesn't know himself. (I happen to believe most human motivation is unconscious ... and I think there are no exceptions to this ... but I don't ask anyone to agree with me.)

He'll survive and so will the board.

No doubt. The board will continue with one of its more animating intelligences absent -- and I regret that.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rubi?

You and I are not the same person. That's the operative thing here. You react as you will and I'll not instruct you.

It seems a fair deal given the lovely differences which make up humankind.

I've already stated my respect for alex. What he does he does of his own volition. He could have handled things differently in my estimation..

Perhaps he's simply putting himself to better use as his auto-generated message suggests. I'll take him at his word.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Without choosing sides on the Stronzo/alex8 personality conflict issue, i would like to say that i don't think that would be alex's sole purpose for leaving. I haven't any idea what his reasoning was, and the only person who does seem to have an idea isn't talking (as is fully within his right to do).

I really don't care why alex left. I care that he DID leave and that i will miss his humour and intellect here. I hope he comes back, one day.

In the words of alex8:

"That is all."

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
FWIW, and because I can't figure out how to get a message directly to him so hope he picks it up here, I will greatly miss Alex's contributions to the board. I am sorry to see him gone. He left before I could confirm his "sophisticated constructionism." :rolleyes: Goodbye. Best of luck on the new projects.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The overall issue here is that 90% of the arguments and drama on the board point back to you, Stronzo. I feel like we need to start making the short list of all the people you HAVEN'T argued with.

I noticed, amongst the banter, that you called Alex8 a cunt in that other thread. No one reported it, and that was more than a bit rude. Only in a thread about eggcorns (which I never read until now) could it devolve into an argument with you at the center.

Thus far you have argued with:

Zora
Pappy
Alex8
Prepstud
Dr. Dilznick
Dr. Rock
rob_just_rob
Mindseye
Gisella
DC DEEP
Lex
jeff black
JBT
Pecker
Matthew
pichulon
playainda
BronxBombshell
Rubi
DaveRock
mercurialbliss

(and many more that I am probably over looking).

I am asking you, Stronzo, to think about what this means. Let Alex8 be and spend some time reflecting on YOUR role in all the drama here since the day after you joined.

I am now closing this thread because the board has been peaceful (overall) and I think MOST of the posters enjoy said peace. I know the Owner and the Moderator Team do.

Please, do not start additional threads about this as I will simply delete them. And I don't care who that pisses off. When we all first joined one of the terms states that threads, posts, etc. may be closed or deleted without warning (peremptive strike against the complaints).

Status
Not open for further replies.