Songs on Valentine's Day you don't want to hear

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No matter the day, all love song by Elton John should be banned from the radio. Especially "Daniel", "Your Song" and "Freaks in Love"

That goes double on Valentine's Day.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
HappyHammer1977 said:
Anything by Celine Dion. But I think that doesn't just apply to Valentines Day.

We'll just shorten it... Anyone who regularly performs at that infamous theatre at Ceaser's Palace

nouveau

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anything at all to do with love or romance as my bf isn't romantic at all and it makes me want to kill something :mad:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
steve319 said:
Let's add to the off-limits list anything by Bryan Adams. Or song by anyone with the last name "Iglesias."

Steve, you read my mind again!!! Two of the worst songs of all-time: "To all the girls I've loved before" - Julio/Willie Nelson; "All for Love" - Bryan Adams, Sting & Rod Stewart. :dead1:

Naughty - I am a true blue V-Day hater, single or coupled, but "Endless Love" (when sung by Luther and Mariah) touches that teeny-tiny, needle-in-a-haystack soft spot in my heart. :redface:

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
naughty said:
"Chapel of love"? "Endless Love", "Love is a many splendored thing"?, Love love love, "All you need is love"?

This list reminds me of a song, but not one that I wouldn't want to hear.

"Anything but Love" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anything by Barry Manilow. Gack.

Favorite Valentines type song - "Superstar" by The Carpenters. I know, its sappy too, but I love this tune.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
AMikkell said:
This list reminds me of a song, but not one that I wouldn't want to hear.

"Anything but Love" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers

Yay! One of my all-time favorite bands. I am biased, however, b/c I'm friends with one of the band members.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Matthew said:
Steve, you read my mind again!!! Two of the worst songs of all-time: "To all the girls I've loved before" - Julio/Willie Nelson; "All for Love" - Bryan Adams, Sting & Rod Stewart. :dead1:

Naughty - I am a true blue V-Day hater, single or coupled, but "Endless Love" (when sung by Luther and Mariah) touches that teeny-tiny, needle-in-a-haystack soft spot in my heart. :redface:

OK, big embarrassing admission time here. (What my bud and I call a "full disclosure" moment.) I purchased that first English-language Enrique Iglesias album. Yes, it's true. :redface: Moreover, there are definite guilty-pleasure moment to be had there. I really enjoyed those mid-tempo latin dance things like "Rhythm Divine." Still do. :wink:

As for that unspeakably awful song you mentioned but which I can't bring myself to name because it might conjure the abyssmal tune in my head, I have to say that, in my book, it was the single biggest sin Sting has ever committed. (I'm generally a big fan, especially of his odd time sig and fusion-type stuff.)

*shiver*