hunglowcolorado

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Carly Comando - Everyday

I don't really cry much from songs, but definitely cry from shows and movies. But the first time I heard this song it moved me, and my girlfriend at the time, almost to tears. No words, just piano. But something about it moved us.

Reactions: MickeyLee

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm in a mood. I want sad songs . . . .
I'm familiar with several of the songs cited in this thread. (After all, everybody knows that those of us who grew up in the 60's had the best music and the coolest cars!) The songs are sad, even depressing, but I never thought of them as something that would make me (or anybody else) cry.

Here's my contribution to the topic. The Moody Blues' "Nights in White Satin" lyrics are the thoughts of an isolated, withdrawn, lonely person. This is the album version of that work, which starts with a long, quiet introduction. Stick around for the recited poem at the conclusion, sometimes called "Late Lament", which summarizes the whole work (and possibly the entire "Days of Future Passed" album).

The sad theme of trying to recover a lost relationship runs through a lot of the Moody Blues' compositions. One example is "I Know You're Out There Somewhere".

Which is right?
And which is an illusion?​

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm familiar with several of the songs cited in this thread. (After all, everybody knows that those of us who grew up in the 60's had the best music and the coolest cars!) The songs are sad, even depressing, but I never thought of them as something that would make me (or anybody else) cry.

Here's my contribution to the topic. The Moody Blues' "Nights in White Satin" lyrics are the thoughts of an isolated, withdrawn, lonely person. This is the album version of that work, which starts with a long, quiet introduction. Stick around for the recited poem at the conclusion, sometimes called "Late Lament", which summarizes the whole work (and possibly the entire "Days of Future Passed" album).

The sad theme of trying to recover a lost relationship runs through a lot of the Moody Blues' compositions. One example is "I Know You're Out There Somewhere".

Which is right?
And which is an illusion?​

We Gen Xers can appreciate the astonishing talent of The Moody Blues as well. I can't believe it took until 2018 for them to induct The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

A guy and a girl break-up so it's sad.:weary_face:

"LEGEND OF A MIND" - by The Moody Blues in Full Dimensional Stereo

Well Timothy Leary is dead and has been since 1996. Click-on the above, grab a good set of headphones and imagine being back in the 1960's at some psychedelic nightclub.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bucks Fizz - mostly known for their upbeat 80s pop, but they managed a few gorgeous ballads.

"Now Those Days Are Gone"

Broken the spell and our dreams lie heavy now...

Elaine Paige/Barbara Dickson - "I Know Him So Well"

No-one is completely on your side...

OMG the harmonies!

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We Gen Xers can appreciate the astonishing talent of The Moody Blues as well. I can't believe it took until 2018 for them to induct The Moody Blues into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

A guy and a girl break-up so it's sad.:weary_face:

"LEGEND OF A MIND" - by The Moody Blues in Full Dimensional Stereo

Well Timothy Leary is dead and has been since 1996. Click-on the above, grab a good set of headphones and imagine being back in the 1960's at some psychedelic nightclub.

I would be just guessing on this...but I think that the song "Knights in White Satin" was played at nearly every wedding reception for nearly two decades....heck, some folks got married to the song.

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would be just guessing on this...but I think that the song "Knights in White Satin" was played at nearly every wedding reception for nearly two decades....heck, some folks got married to the song.

And you would be correct Big-Big Ben. :)

Reactions: BigBen

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't recall ever hearing it at a wedding reception. It strikes me as too sad for weddings.

BigBen

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't recall ever hearing it at a wedding reception. It strikes me as too sad for weddings.

I must have heard it dozens of times....many couples seem to consider it "their song"... I would never have chosen that, but some think it is "romantic"...as I have learned with some music that some folks like...not everyone actually listens to the lyrics and thinks and considers what the lyrics actually say and the "message"...most just like the music.
As a side, I recall that on one occasion years ago...someone explained to a mixed group...married women with children and teens..that Madonna's "Like A Prayer" was about oral sex and a woman being giving and being subservient to the male but they derived pleasure for doing it...the women, who all had it on their iPods, and their kids listened to it...were shocked...the looks on their faces....I am not sure if any of them edited their kids IPods, but the reactions I saw were surprise and shock....then the light bulbs went off over the head when they really listened to the lyrics....so....

Reactions: insert_8