Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

ChanelleNo5

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This one. So many facets. It is my father's favorite song by his favorite band and he's 3000 miles away and I can't hug him. It is Byrnes only love song. The video is so fun and the tempo is so upbeat but then it gets to "I'm just an animal looking for a home" and I just ugly cry hard. This live version is just so good. It's my favorite song ever even if it does this to me.

Spartan727

Legendary Member
Media
Colorado Springs (Colorado, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m in Hawaii for the spartan trifecta race
Last year we came and hurricane Lane caused the race to be canceled. Several of us are FEMA incident responders. We stayed and helped, it’s what we do.... Tonight they had a dinner thanking us. It was not planned, none of us were expecting this. It was very moving. Sitting at a table with several co - workers big strong men and strong females as well totally taken by this song
And a collage of photos of us during hurricane lane.

This song was playing
Elevation Worship Do it Again (live version)

BigdongSE

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Watching the AIC unplugged is almost too much for me knowing how close Layne is to death in that performance yet still does amazing.
Same. So close to death, loosing teeth but his personality staying humble.. one of the greats. Glad I'm not the only one

Reactions: Spartan727

No song makes me cry spontaneously just from the sound of it hehe But if I force myself to think of a sad thing, I might feel like crying with many sad songs.

The only time I had to hold myself not to cry like a baby was when Tony Stark died in the Avengers movie. I don't know why, I can't explain, but if I was alone at the time I would be rolling on the floor.

Bygones

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always avoided stimuli of any kind that would naturally invoke sadness. Conversely, I like to be happy, and, will invoke those things that make me happy. Life is short. There are no do-overs.

But crying because of beautiful music/art and unhappiness aren't linked unavoidably. And it's got much to do with feeling empathy, too... which ain't bad a bad or negative thing either. Just my tuppence worth of course.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

As I was ending my time with the Hippie Dyer, I had this on repeat. And I walked. Most of the work day, taking calls, making notes and then ...this.
I caught up at night.

Dan is also my “celebrity crush.” We joke about it. He’s terrified of redheads, and fatally drawn. We are the road not taken for each other.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I have always avoided stimuli of any kind that would naturally invoke sadness. Conversely, I like to be happy, and, will invoke those things that make me happy. Life is short. There are no do-overs.

Sometimes some people need to feel something other than positivity for whatever reason.

There are times I prefer to not be happy. To let myself experience the darkest pits of my own personal horror show.

It's part of my life experience. I don't take it for granted for a second. We don't have to stay positive to genuinely appreciate and love life.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Catharsis, too. I can have my time to sit with the sadness, then be better for the rest of the world.

I mentioned Dan upthread.
This one guts me. It always did. I’ve streamed tears in public as Eric, or blessed memory, sang this. I’ve cried while driving cross country.
This version, even the intro makes me well up.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tears are good. They remove toxins from the body. They release emotional pressure. It’s healthy to have a good cry once in awhile.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sometimes a sad song can make you feel better. Even if you don't physically cry, a little audio massage to the head can do amazing things to the body.

I've always been fascinated by how music affects the brain - I've seen amazing and beautiful footage of what it can to seniors with dementia/alzheimers.