Songs That Suck

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Time for a game, "What Songs Make You Want to Kill Yourself!", Just post the Title, Artist, and Why, Sounds Easy Right?

Your Beautiful, James Blunt- He can't sing, how the hell did this song become popular, is it because "Its like he's singing right to me", bullshit.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree! His womanly voice goes through me.

Goodbye My Lover is a better song...not that I like any of his stuff. (I had to listen to his CD over and over when coming back home...)

All the rap songs are shit too. Fuck that shit.

punch

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh man, where do I start?? Well...anything by Styxx.... That singer had a voice that made me want to put my fist through a window pane! Such lame songs too! Puke-making!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
findfirefox said:
Time for a game, "What Songs Make You Want to Kill Yourself!", Just post the Title, Artist, and Why, Sounds Easy Right?

Your Beautiful, James Blunt- He can't sing, how the hell did this song become popular, is it because "Its like he's singing right to me", bullshit.

You know WHAT!! YOU SUCK.

Blunt has a great voice. It is smokey and warbles around, hitting notes that are haunting. The lyrical content is good. Give the man more time... Rules of POP are as follows...

1) Send out a hot track, either something catchy, or a deep ballad that people can sing along with. MAKE sure it is OVERPLAYED (check)

2) Create CD... have some GREAT songs (CHECK)

3) Release new songs, and show the world you are not a one hit wonder..

You boys watch.... James Blunt is gonna blow the roof off!:biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Panic at the Disco - Some song about some damn fool who's pissed off at seeing two people getting it on during a wedding and the refrain goes, "Haven't you ever heard of closing the God damn door?" Something about poise and rationality. Oh yeah, and my ears bleed.

Edit: The song's title -- "I Write Sins, Not Tragedies"
(What irony.)

ccss

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Who Let the Dogs Out?" Baja Men

And I must be the only one who thinks so, but I think Eminem's songs are horrible....not for lyrical content but they're just so inferior compared to other rap songs. "Ass Like That"? "Like Toy Soldiers"? Come on!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Captain Elephant said:
I could think of a whole litany of songs that suck, but what I like are songs that make absolutely no sense but sound good. One that comes immediately to mind is "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats.

What?? No sense you say?? How can anyone miss the deeply moving social commentary in those hauntingly beautiful lyrics?

It's a work of pure genius, sure to last a millennia.

"Everybody look at your hands."

missbec

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
findfirefox said:

hardly a game i dare say :rolleyes:
-bec

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ANY song where the "artist" thinks that singing lots&lots of notes makes it sound good... mariah carey comes immediately to mind, or whitney houston's cover of "I will always love you"...

ANY of the whiney-falsetto guys that think it makes them sound "soulful".

Any of the boy-bands...

But these don't really make me want to kill myself, so much as they make me want to kill the producer...

mjfriel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is going back a wee bit but does anyone recall that song ('More Than Words')that Extreme visited upon this good planet for what felt like years? Also, most music by Brian Adams makes my sphincter tighten.