Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mjfriel said:
This is going back a wee bit but does anyone recall that song ('More Than Words')that Extreme visited upon this good planet for what felt like years?
Haha - good one! Gary Cherone, the lead vocalist of Extreme, went on to replace Sammy Hagar in Van Halen, much to fans' displeasure. He only worked on one album which became Van Halen's lowest-selling album in their (up to then) 20 year history. He left the band shortly thereafter and - eek! - has just reunited with Extreme for some concert dates in the eastern U.S.

mjfriel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
V72 said:
Haha - good one! Gary Cherone, the lead vocalist of Extreme, went on to replace Sammy Hagar in Van Halen, much to fans' displeasure. He only worked on one album which became Van Halen's lowest-selling album in their (up to then) 20 year history. He left the band shortly thereafter and - eek! - has just reunited with Extreme for some concert dates in the eastern U.S.

Oh God! And I thought the pain had finally ended. Anyone know a reliable hitman that is cheap? This simply cannot go on. If you are unaware of their heinous work go onto radioblog.com and listen for yourself. Absolutley horrific stuff.

mjfriel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Your Beautiful, James Blunt- He can't sing, how the hell did this song become popular, is it because "Its like he's singing right to me", bullshit.[/quote]

I have to agree with this. I know alot of people like it and each to their own, but this is anaemic, pointless drivel at its worst. This is only an opinion. I don't mean to offend but it really is the beige of the musical world. There is no heart or soul in it and it truly leaves a bitter aftertaste in the mouth. music like this should be considered a crime against humanity, just like that bunch of twats Extreme (see earlier post). But fuck it. He is making money and I'm not so more power to the mayonaise of music!

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
should always include . . .

Barbie Girl by Aqua.

That pile of crap makes me want to hurl even 7 or 8 years after it was popular.

T

that_other_guy

Jack Johnson - Any Song (or remix) - Any Album

If I wanted to goto sleep, I'd probably listen to one of his "great" songs, that all sound the same ...

jonadkins

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This goes without saying, but anyway, brace yourselves:
My heart will go on, Celine Dion.

DP8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with Big Ben. Photograph sucks (puke!). It must have taken them months to come up with the lyric, "And what the hell is on Joey's head?"

nick22ca

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You Get What You Give by the New Radicals, I don't think I need to explain why...

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
findfirefox said:
Time for a game, "What Songs Make You Want to Kill Yourself!", Just post the Title, Artist, and Why.
I don't want to kill myself, just the author: "It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It;s a small world after all, it's a small, smalll, world......"

Take care,

Ceg

DP8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ceg1526 said:
I don't want to kill myself, just the author: "It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all. It;s a small world after all, it's a small, smalll, world......"

Take care,

Ceg

Well, that song may be one of the most annoying ones of our time, but you have to admit the Sherman Brothers, the composers, we're pretty good at what they did. They also gave us great songs, like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

:jester:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
findfirefox said:
Time for a game, "What Songs Make You Want to Kill Yourself!", Just post the Title, Artist, and Why, Sounds Easy Right?

Your Beautiful, James Blunt- He can't sing, how the hell did this song become popular, is it because "Its like he's singing right to me", bullshit.

god damn it, you took mine in the very first post. This song is horrible. Everything about it, the lyrics, the vocals, the music... gah..

some other ones that annoy me just off the top of my head...

my humps, by the black eyed peas

everything ever done by k-ci and jo-jo

maria, by brooks & dunn, and most country for that matter...

everything britney spears has ever recorded, but especially "slave for you"

everything by Nickelback, I would name specific songs but I'm happily ignorant of what they are

that horrible "this is not our home" song by whoever sings that horrible "this is not our home" song

Counting Crows.. I know a lot of people love them but they just sound whiny to me

*everything* ever recorded by Dave Matthew's Band, but if I had to pick one, that "too much" song. appropriately..

Megalomaniac by Incubus. I like some of their other stuff. This song gets on my nerves. Also registers with me as a bit whiny.

Girl on TV, by LFO. Mostly because one of the guys in the band got to bang JLH as a reward for writing this painfully insipid crap song. That's like getting awarded 8 million dollars because you were an idiot and burned yourself with a cup of coffee.

That's all I got for right now...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ccsuperchris said:
"Who Let the Dogs Out?" Baja Men

And I must be the only one who thinks so, but I think Eminem's songs are horrible....not for lyrical content but they're just so inferior compared to other rap songs. "Ass Like That"? "Like Toy Soldiers"? Come on!
I really like Eminem. But his most popular songs are often his weakest ones.. "Ass Like That" being a perfect example.
"Stan," "The Way I Am," "Kim," "Lose Yourself," and a lot of his other stuff, by contrast, is brilliant. But I appreciate that he can just goof and have fun in some of his other songs, including all the ones he does under the "Slim Shady" persona, and these are the ones that catch on with the kiddies, and therefore get the most radio play and end up being made into videos..

His most recent stuff has all been pretty weak though, IMO. He peaked either at The Eminem Show or just before that. The last couple of singles he's had that get played on the radio, like that one "mockingbird"? These annoy me...