Songs That Suck

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I also wanted to add... "The Reason" by Hoobastank... not because it's necessarily one of the worst songs ever recorded, like many of the above-mentioned songs (though it's not exactly brilliant by any stretch)... but because it irritates me every time I hear it and think about how many asshole losers have probably played this song for their girlfriends to try and get out of whatever stupid thing they've done most recently, and maybe as a result even been forgiven for it.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
basically, given enough posts and peoples opinions...every song ever created will fall under this topic

whateva

for my 2 cents...i hate everything eminem has ever created, I hate taylor hicks from american idol season 5, i hate reuben, from american idol season 2, I hate clay aiken and his stupid i wish i was invisible song about stalking people, i hate rihannas pon de replay but i liek her other music

I hate nickelbacks photograph more than anything in the world. I also hate that stupid nelly "over and over again" song when he tried to go country. I wanted to rip the radio out.

ccss

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I really like Eminem. But his most popular songs are often his weakest ones.. "Ass Like That" being a perfect example.
"Stan," "The Way I Am," "Kim," "Lose Yourself," and a lot of his other stuff, by contrast, is brilliant. But I appreciate that he can just goof and have fun in some of his other songs, including all the ones he does under the "Slim Shady" persona, and these are the ones that catch on with the kiddies, and therefore get the most radio play and end up being made into videos..

His most recent stuff has all been pretty weak though, IMO. He peaked either at The Eminem Show or just before that. The last couple of singles he's had that get played on the radio, like that one "mockingbird"? These annoy me...

In general, I am not crazy about any song that relies so heavily on a sample and Eminem is one of the guiltiest out of all the hip-hop and rap artists, and lately, he's been doing this song after song..."Mockingbird", "Like Toy Soldiers", even "Stan". Many hip-hop/rap artists are guilty of this as well but in particular, Eminem gets the most praise thrown on him, and I just don't understand that, when the tunes are pitiful and his voice is weak. An Oscar for Best Song?! Over U2? Give me a break!!!! Many people tell me I would understand Eminem more if I watched "8 Mile" but judging on terrible songs only, he is it for me.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jonadkins said:
This goes without saying, but anyway, brace yourselves:
My heart will go on, Celine Dion.
Anything by Celine Dion. I think I figured out what is so annoying about her voice - it's a terribly weak voice, but she tries to make it sound strong by being loud and (as in my above post) she just tries to put too many notes in there. More icing than cake. My quote regarding her particular style, and many like it: "Just because a piano has 88 keys, that does not mean you have to use every single one of them in every single phrase."

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Here in the islands we have a horrible genre called Jawaiian. It sprang from nowhere a few years ago. Take a generic reggae beat, add someone with a pidgin accent singing a ripped off pop song to it and there you go. Today in the store, I heard the Jawaiian version of Islands in the Stream. I died laughing but kept it all on the inside. This stuff plays on most of the radio stations and in most public places. :puke:

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Im pretty shocked by the person who said celine dion has a weak voice? are you kidding?

Wth do you consider strong? If she had a weak voice im pretty sure she wouldnt have been so successful, especially in her genre of music

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hottxboi16 said:
Im pretty shocked by the person who said celine dion has a weak voice? are you kidding?

Wth do you consider strong? If she had a weak voice im pretty sure she wouldnt have been so successful, especially in her genre of music
Being able to sing loudly is NOT the hallmark of a strong voice. Nor is a wide tessitura an indication of a skilled voice. Nor is ability to use murderous melisma an indication of talent. Generally, if a singer needs a gimmick, I consider the voice to be weak.

Just a few that seem weak to me: Celine Dion, Olivia Newton-John, Cher (although she's a pretty damned good entertainer), Sade, Jane Siberry, Debbie Harry (although I like her), Sarah Brightman, Enya...

And a few that seem considerably stronger to me: Bonnie Raitt, Jewel, Wynona Judd, k. d. lang, Tina Turner, Shania Twain, Jessye Norman, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey (although the last two are like fingernails on a chalkboard)

B_gagger

Experimental Member
Media
How can you resist joining in on the lilting lyrics... "He drinks a whiskey drink...he drinks a vodka drink." Such a classic.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have to agree with so much that has been listed:

James Blunt is a shrieking harpy.

Lionel Richie: Say You, Say Me - how many times can one person write the same god damned song? (see: Collins, Phil)

Styx: Mr. Roboto anyone?

Nickelback: What about that nauseating "Hero" song from the Spiderman soundtrack?

LFO: "Summer Girls" -- the most wretched 3:42 ever captured on audio

"The Reason" by Hoobastank - AAAAAAARRGHHH!!!!

Macarena, Who Let the Dogs Out, Eminem ... yes, yes, yes, please make it all stop!!!!

detritus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Matthew said:
I have to agree with so much that has been listed:

James Blunt is a shrieking harpy.

Lionel Richie: Say You, Say Me - how many times can one person write the same god damned song? (see: Collins, Phil)

Styx: Mr. Roboto anyone?

Nickelback: What about that nauseating "Hero" song from the Spiderman soundtrack?

LFO: "Summer Girls" -- the most wretched 3:42 ever captured on audio

"The Reason" by Hoobastank - AAAAAAARRGHHH!!!!

Macarena, Who Let the Dogs Out, Eminem ... yes, yes, yes, please make it all stop!!!!

Domo arigato, mr. matthew, domo...domo
thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you :)

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
detritus said:
Domo arigato, mr. matthew, domo...domo
thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you :)

LOL

Secret secret - I've got a secret!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
gagger said:
How can you resist joining in on the lilting lyrics... "He drinks a whiskey drink...he drinks a vodka drink." Such a classic.
You are SUCH a little chumba of a wumba, my dear.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
osxwrangler said:
Paul Anka's Havin' my baby. OMG! It makes me want to throw myself on something sharp.

"I'm a woman in love and I love what's going through me ..."

:singer:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could blow my lunch, breakfast, and last night's dinner if I hear what Madonna has done to Don McLean's "American Pie". Could someone rape a great piece of music even more? Not only this shitty elecronic background howling, she ripped the heart of the piece out by covering the three-minutes-edition. I have the 8:30 on a cassette, and it sounds just marvelous. Has a very deep sense, too, and it takes twice to discover that. But the cover version is just trash. Crash it!

medic007

Just Browsing
Media
If I have to listen to one more black / latino wannabe 17 year old girl howl about her bling or her caddy, I'm going to shoot myself. This R&B / rap crap where they complain about being broke and hard done by when they're millionares is bullcrap =P

Macarion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dani California

they used to be actually a decent band, this seems like filler from their other albums, too simple, and it is a copy of Tom Petty. too laid back for an album opener, and why would you make the first song on a 28 track album be the first single, too much to take in at once that way