Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ain't she just amazing?

Hurray for the Riff Raff - Fly Away. the only place i could find the track was on one of my fav blogs Amie Street Blog.

check out Junebug Waltz on the same page. pure love for bruised hearts.

ml

eta: found a live version of the song: Fly Away

Last edited:

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Utada Hikaru - "Teiku 5"
(Song about Death. Speaks of the Positives of Death. The benefits. Very Epic and Trancy. And yes, it's meant to abruptly cut off at the end. Signifies how quick and unexpected death can be.)

Utada Hikaru - "Teiku 5"

AND

Gary Jules - "Mad World"
(Adam Lambert's version is amazing as well. Kurt Smith's sucks.)

Gary Jules - "Mad World"

These are 2 of my most favorite songs.

hard8x6cut

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I second Sarah McLachlan "Full of Grace". Actually anything from Sarah makes me wants to slit my wrists.

Current fave is "Stay" by Sugarland. She has an amazing voice and perfectly mirrors my current personal situation. Actually had to stop listening to it for a while. Its like and aural downer. But beautiful...

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dress Rehearsal Rag by Leonard Cohen needs little explanation. YouTube - Dress Rehearsal Rag by Leonard Cohen

The Ballad of Lucy Jordan takes me to my own sense of my life having moved beyond certain possibilities yet Marainne Faithful is a lesson in hope. After twenty years of living a life of uncontrolled drug addiction and many near fatal overdoses she came back bigger and better than ever! In a way this song speaks about desapir and hope. The band is excellent. YouTube - Marianne Faithfull - Ballad Of Lucy Jordan

Joan of Arc by Leonard Cohen is way to complex to discuss at length here but it's message of doom (at one level) and the equation of sex with death (on another level) along with the melancholy background vocals gets me. Plus, I kind of have the hots for Julie Christiansen, the blonde singer.
YouTube - Leonard Cohen - Joan of Arc

Dave

Last edited:

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
dance music makes me want to go on a shooting spree. do i get any points for that?

LMAO ROTFL :tongue::cool:

Oh c'mon...the common theme of "i saw you and fell in love/gave you my all and everything/you wronged me/i will survive and move on" is so time tested and true! (dripping sarcasm) :biggrin1:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
LMAO ROTFL :tongue::cool:

Oh c'mon...the common theme of "i saw you and fell in love/gave you my all and everything/you wronged me/i will survive and move on" is so time tested and true! (dripping sarcasm) :biggrin1:

Hmmm. SO much better than many of the disco dance songs of the era, which survived through.

Still "Alone Again" by Gilbert O'Sullivan has been cited for the wrist slitting crew before in other arenas, and well as "MacArthur Park"....

likes2seemore

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bonnie rait(sp?)I can't make you love me , Boz scaggs ,love look what you've done to me ,barbra striesand,the way we were ,steve perry,foolish heart....just to name a few.

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The usual suspects I can think of have had a mention so far - Radiohead, Nirvana, Smiths, Joy Division.

Most things by Eels seem to be of a pretty dark theme no matter how upbeat the song might sound! Any other upbeat sounding songs that, if you get to the lyrics are a bit (ok, very) depressing?

Don't think many songs shake me out of a morbid torpor faster than this one though - my life ain't that shit:-
Hole - Northern Star

Not quite wrist slitting but there's always futility and general "fed-upness" personified by Madness' - Grey Day