soooo scared

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by idoevrythng, Sep 18, 2008.

1. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    so i met this guy and we went back to his place and made out and that lead to us goin down on each other and that lead to him toppin me but while he was doin it the condom broke so he basically came in me...i dont know him that well at all ,he said i should worry ...and i know it was extremely stupid of me to let it get as far as i did but now i have to wait 3 weeks to get tested and im soo scared...theres nothing i can do about it know but i cant help but to worry and stress about it and i wish these weeks would just pass already so i could know :( any comforting words would help

2. pepsiboy

pepsiboy New Member

Wow... this reminds me of what happened to my boyfriend and me. We *totally* freaked out. Sent him to an insane asylum (no, really) for a day. I wish there was an instant test or a way to turn back time. Unfortunately, there isn't and it could take up to 3 months to be 97% or so sure. However, you can try testing after 2 weeks. That was really crappy that he said you should worry. I wish you the best *hugs*

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm no expert or anything ike that but if its Aids or something like that....I think you can go to a clinic and load up on anti-virals to help ward off the virus. I'd go to the Dr. as well and get a script for some kick ass potent antibiotics.

Hopefully you'll be ok.....I'd pray though.......pray alot.

If you make it thru all of this unscathed, I'd be much more careful about who you sleep with and make sure to stock pile the condoms, so if the condom breaks again, he can pull out of you, slap another one back on, and get back to it.....don't ever let a man you don't know cum in you

4. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    call your doctor tomorrow. Tell him what happened. Ask for a prescription for Combivir or another prophylactic antiretroviral medication.

I am a nurse. When healthcare personel are stuck by needles, or exposed to a patient's blood, they immediately begin this type of medication. It will prevent you from seroconversion...essentially, it is your best defense to prevent you from becoming HIV positive (that is....of course....IF the other guy was HIV positive as well). This medication regimen is standard in all hospitals for healthcare workers who are exposed to blood via a cut or needle stick or whatever.

Just FYI, I had to take this medication regimen once in the past, I was stuck by a needle in the Operating room. Thankfully, the patient's blood was tested and he was HIV negative, and all is well. But, the few days I was on this medication, I felt like shit. Stomach was upset, and just felt like crap in general. It is not fun. But it is the only option you have to protect yourself after an exposure like this.

P.S. You have 48 hours to start this medication. It's about 70 - 90% effective, and is your best option at this point. Don't hesitate, call your doctor in the morning.
    I hope everything turns out well for you :) Take care.

5. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    this happened tuesday night...is it still worth trying?do they do this treatment at clinics?

6. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    o n correction in my original post....he said i shouldnt worry..but i still am :(

7. Italianguy69

Italianguy69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    just to reitterate what buddy629 said, definitely see a doctor tomorrow (friday). Wishing you the best.

8. boerkie

boerkie New Member

i agree.
    rather a bit late than to allow your fear to paralyze you.
    please become active and see a dr on friday.
    do not go into the weekend without seeing one.

9. starstruck

starstruck New Member

If you can't wait for tomorrow, go to an ER now and tell them what happened and what you need.

10. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    can i go to one of the clinics in manhatten?

11. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  12. B_FruitFly

B_FruitFly New Member

If was his idea to use the condom to begin with, so its probably a habit.

13. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    As I told you, there are several prophylactic protocols you can start immediately if you have, or think you have, been exposed. The CDC website has a list you can look at. But you should get to a doctor ASAP. Since you're in New York, you can call GMHC and they can also give you any and all referrals you would need.

In the meantime, I spoke to my doc, who's gay btw and extremely up on all of this, and they are expecting to hear from you today if you need to call. You can use my name. I'll pm you with the number. Thinking of you, buddy.

#13 B_Nick8, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  14. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

For what it is worth, I wish you all the very best...Nick's a good guy; take his advice.

15. luchoarg

luchoarg Member

Idoeverythng: I am medical technologist and specialized in virus diagnosis. On one side, it`s true that the fastest test needs at least 3 weeks after exposure to give a positive result if you truly got the virus. My advice is go with him and have him made the test. If he is negative, great.
    BUT meanwhile you can start the antiretroviral therapy. YOU HAVE after exposure 48 hours to start taking up the medication to safely kill any virus that may have entered your body.
    keep us informed on how you are doing. My best wishes

16. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i called up one of the clinics today and told them the story and they said that i should come in a get tested...so i did...the rapid test came back neg but i still have to wait for the lab blood work results which i have to call back for next friday...the guy said those results should help but i still will have to get tested in two months just to make sure...im not sure what else i can do...its been more than 48 hrs...the guy said he was clean but its hard to trust any1 in NYC...im not sure what else i can do but wait...like i really dont have money for private doctors...i dont know why im soo dumb and let it happen

17. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

The one thing that is not mentioned here is the disclosure of the other fellow who topped you. You need to get the prophylactic therapy ASAP, but you also need to talk to this fellow and find out if there is any cause for worry.

For a time in my life I lived near Palm Springs. I knew three separate cases where an HIV status was not disclosed. On all three occasions the bottoms were very drunk, and the tops were not much better. Somehow these individuals made unsafe contact and there was transmission three times. It is really sad.

The main thing to remember is that even IF the fellow who topped you was sero-positive that it does not guarantee transmission of the retrovirus. It certainly increases your chances however. Get on the Combivir QUICK! while you are trying to get ahold of the fellow and ask the worlds most difficult question.

Good Luck,

18. idoevrythng

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    he said he was clean...but i really dont know him that well.i know im an idiot....how do i get the Combivir?i dont know if the clinics offer it...

19. D_Lachtmadder Longhorne

D_Lachtmadder Longhorne Account Disabled

Well it looks like his 48hrs are up before he posted on here.

So, tell the guy that you didn't know that well who fucked you that you're going to the docs and since he said for you "not to worry", that you believe him but would feel better if he went at the same time and was tested along with you. If not, give the doc his name etc. and they will follow up on contacting him if you have his info of course. In the event that you're infected you'll have to contact him anyway. I wish you well and hope that your worst is not realized. Good Luck!

Moot opinion since you've already been to a clinic.

#19 D_Lachtmadder Longhorne, Sep 19, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted