Sopranos

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Lex, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

James Gandolfini owns your ass and MINE. ANyone else hyped up for this like I am?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to have his babies, I think.

2. carter2006

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lex.... are you SERIOUS?!

3. Chuck64

Gold Member

First of all, the 3rd link is busted.

Now that we have that out of the way...
    I can see how he'd be your type. I would prefer a full head of hair or completly bald myself. That's a deal-breaker in my book. Other than that, I'm sorry if this makes me sound age-ist, but he really reminds me of my father. and that's just creepy on so many levels.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Totally. There is something about Gandofini that gets me going. Especially his look with the gaotee in The Mexican.

Twinks need NOT apply...

@Chuck64
    HotOlderMale.com WOOOF!!

5. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

It works fine for me :cool:

6. Chuck64

Gold Member

Nope. Not for me. To me personally, that's just like checking out LemonParty. They're just too old to be appealing to me.

No offense to anyone, but I'm looking for a plain ol' homo with a good sense of humor around my age... No twinks, no bears, no muscle marys, no clones, no flaming queens, none of that "straight acting" crap, no crazies... just an average guy. Evidently, they discontinued that model years ago.

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

No offense taken. I don't expect everyone to like what I like nor do I seek them to approve it.

In my (abiet limited) experience--guys my age and older are overall, more content, stable and "been there, done that."

As far a types--is actually harder to find a guy without hair that to find one with hair. I personally have many types--the bear is simply the easiest to label and understand.

I can say, as far as your search, that guys younger than me (and us) tend to be a bit too reckless for my tastes. I see waaaay too much partying and barebacking.

Good luck with your hunt, Chuck.

8. naughty

Gold Member

LOL!

Yes, I would agree with you, Lex. I think it is the latent danger that he exuded. It doesnt just have to be the Sopranos he also has rather sexy eyes.

Naughty

9. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I've never seen the show but I seriously think I need to start renting them and catch up on it all.

Chuck - is that the "Everyone has more sex than me" bunny?

10. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Netflix is great for catching up on shows you missed the first time around.

That or IN DEMAND (if you have Comcast cable).

11. Chuck64

Gold Member

Yup. I thought it was cute. I'm hoping it will invite a few lewd comments...

12. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Dig it, TAG, niether have I since I can't afford HBO, but I'll bet dimes to donuts that Blockbuster has the 1st coupla seasons.

13. Chuck64

Gold Member

The balding look doesn't do it for me. He's either got to have a full head of hair, or he should go bald. I can go either way on body hair - as long as it's not out of control. Of course, there's some guys who look too young without their body hair, but they all fall in to the "emaciated twink" category anyway.

Absolutely! I don't want a party boy either. I need my beauty sleep - and lots of it. Most of my friends who used to be real sex fiends are finally starting to calm down and get in to relationship-mode.

Barebacking is the most inefficient form of suicide ever invented. If you're gonna off yourself, just find a high place and jump. Why doesn't everyone realize that?

14. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I agree. I have seen him with his hair cropped much closer. The show dictates his look for the most part. I have seen some Extremely furry men (like 2 inches of hair all over) and that is over the top, even for my tastes.

I don't know man. I know a guy--he and 3 of this party friends have all come down psotivie within the past month. Sad. I am amazing when guys ask me to seed their asses and what not. That's just insane.

15. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I'm addicted to Netflix...since it sometimes takes me a month before I can get around to watching a movie. I'm going to add them to my queue right away....I just have a few other series to go through...one being an 8 disc documentary about New York.

16. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

The first episode kicked ass BTW. Damn.

17. Illustrated

Illustrated New Member

He's an incredibly hot man , exudes an air of quiet menace .:wink:

18. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

Sorry Lex.

I realize that my opinion is heresy but I think he's a big fat slob with a nasty accent (in person too)

The whole cultural thing around The Sopranos I find immensely insulting to those Americans who trace their ancestry to Southern Italy. The whole thing (though sometimes a bit accurate) has the feel of a mafioso version of the Dick Tracy cartoons.

Beyond that the way they handled the "Vito turns gay" issue was very odd to me.

I watch the show somewhat. The only thing I found interesting at the end of the last season was Carmella visiting Paris and appearingly having some sort of epiphany that the world was somewhat more than New Jersey and nouveau riche Italian Americans. That episode juxtaposed against the nastiness of the Ba Da Bing strip club sign made for some pretty interesting irony.

My best friends in this world are of Italian American descent and they think The Sopranos are "the bomb". That show represents everything reprehensible in Italian American culture to me. If it serves to enlighten fine. But my sense is that it does nothing but reinforce foul stereotypes.

(However- I did want Vito to suck off Meadow's cute boyfriend... now that would have been a nice twist)

Johnny Cakes lusting after VITO? I don't think so...:rolleyes:

Please tell me you don't find the Vito Spatafore character attractive..... PLEASE.

Draft saved Draft deleted