Sorcerer Appreciation and Goodbye

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just saw that Sorcerer has said goodbye on Random Thoughts.

Sorcerer said:
I'm over it. I quit. I didn't want to start a thread about it but didn't want to disappear either. So long board.
Do what you must J, but please know that you are one of the most interesting posters I've had the pleasure to read here. Great wit, candour, whorish humour, soulful humanity. You've made the place a great delight at times. I've laughed aloud (to my peril in the middle of the night) many times with your rapier edged banter popping up on the threads.

I do hope it's not forever, and that you return after a break. This place has been turbulent of late, but that does seem to be cyclical. Be well.

Rob

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
rawbone8 said:
I just saw that Sorcerer has said goodbye on Random Thoughts.

Do what you must J, but please know that you are one of the most interesting posters I've had the pleasure to read here. Great wit, candour, whorish humour, soulful humanity. You've made the place a great delight at times. I've laughed aloud (to my peril in the middle of the night) many times with your rapier edged banter popping up on the threads.

I do hope it's not forever, and that you return after a break. This place has been turbulent of late but that does seems to be cyclical. Be well.

Rob

Ditto, you'll be missed...alot. There have been times when only you really understood me. You've actually brought me hope that there is someone out there for me and in time I think I'll find that someone. I don't know whole heartedly for your reason for leaving, but I make no plead for you to stay. I feel I should leave to, but not forever. This site has lost what I loved about it when I first came, but not entirely. It seems as though nobody is interesting or interested in each other anymore. I'll check in and read little bits, but for those who have been watching my post become more few and far knows it's a sign that things just aren't what they used to be. I'll miss you sorc.
:cool:

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Man, our interaction was limited, but You seemed like a cool guy, sorry to see you go

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I hope you return after a break, buddy. You have consistently been one of the real anchors of this site, and the place will definately feel the loss everyday. You WILL be missed, but I know you need to do whatever is right for you! Good luck, andcome back soon!

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't had much contact with him, and certainly we contrasted each other in some opinions, such as about Madonna, but I count him among one of the more lovely sides of LPSG. Good to trade some jokes with. Fare thee well, boy.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am sorry to see him leave and hope that it will just be a break. I feel as though I have said that everybody needs a break from this place at least once a week for the last couple of months, and it still remains true. I am just sad to see another of the people I know drift into the wilderness.:raincloud:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Once you've been publicly fucked balls-deep on the boards by Sorcerer, you never really see the world the same way again.

He was the most welcoming poster of all when I arrived here, back in those 'way-off times' :rolleyes: before posting an introductory thread was de rigeur, and one simply jumped straight in with a mixture of trepidation and playfully bared claws. Not to mention that as a fellow insomniac and Hollywood-style vamp, he was one of the people whose posts here I enjoyed the most, and always - always - always sought out first.

Like the others, I hope this might just prove a hiatus in the long run. If not, then I've already leased a place near the "mortuary", which I now need to decorate; so you won't escape forever. But this place here will most certainly be at once poorer and less bitchy without you. And that ain't good.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Sorc, your posts helped the define the uniqueness of this board. It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that people come and go here with some regularity and for a variety of reasons, but there are some, like you, whose presence so identifies this place that your absence will be a major loss. Be happy. John

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Guys, I'm not dead. I also detest appreciation threads. I didn't want to do the dramatic exit thing.

I took a 4 month hiatus earlier in the year. I discovered that putting lots and lots of time into this board is a blessing and a curse. When I returned, the same few I was friendly with were happy to see me (and likewise). The rest were a sea of new names. In that moment I felt like much of my time spent here was a waste, although the change of blood came as no surprise. The other part of the curse is that to stay at the core of this board, you must devote a substantial part of your life. Upon returning from my hiatus, I dramatically cut back the amount of time I spent here, resulting in my drifting to the fringes. The cynics here say that post whores always burn out and it's true...it takes stamina to swim that fast and for that long.

I've watched this board go through cycles and they're all nearly identical. We're now in the post-blowup phase, the part of the cycle where most members swim to the shallow end of the pool which feels exactly like a sugar hangover.

My professional life is heating up again. I don't have the time to spend hours a day on this board like I used to. I'm going to take that time and plug it into my business. I've done it before and the results are amazing. I had a sensational 5 days last week and should enjoy the fruits of it in the coming weeks. I really need to stay focused to keep everything going as it should.

I'm grateful for the wonderful friends I've made here. They all know where to find me, some no longer participate here (by choice or otherwise) and some do.

When I think of this board, it reminds me of the movie Grand Hotel. In the beginning and the end, an ancient hotel valet says "people come, people go, nothing ever changes".

Although this place is addictive, I make no promises of returning. You all know how these things go. I just know (for now), I need to leave. Thank you all and remember...I'm not far away or difficult to find.
Ciao!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Ooh, Sorce, how can you?
But sometimes people must.
I expect you will be dropping in occasionally ... and I'll be looking for you.
You were one of three or four people on the board whose words I always trusted.
You were a fucking slut ... and I loved that.:cool:
And while you were quite capable of the odd evisceration, you seemed essentially kind.
You take a certain ring of truth with you.
So come back at least a few times a month.
Hope you do.

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sorcerer said:
I also detest appreciation threads. I didn't want to do the dramatic exit thing.

Exactly. You've gotten him confused with ME... I am the attention whore people. And the highjacker of sad threads, so... here goes:

In all seriousness, I must confess a mammoth crush on Jeremy almost instantly after arriving on LPSG's throbbing, veiny, & glistening shores. To say the place was addictive is, as many of you know, an understatement. It was Sorcerer's wit, charm, and blatant whore-ish-ness balanced with intelligence and depth that contributed greatly in making it addictive to me. I've missed him greatly since he took his hiatus.

At the same time, I genuinely understand his reasoning - I'm in a very similar spot myself. MY professional life has heated up insanely as well. When I HAVE had the opportunity to log into the site recently, I hardly recognize anyone either. Clealrly the drama keeps us all tuned in and awaiting the next episode, but it seems lately to be ALL drama. To me, it just hasn't seemed as "fun" lately. So I guess I'm on hiatus as well. I'm not saying I'm leaving; just lurking every now & then - kind of like NIC160IQ did... Losing interest? I guess, yes. I may very well contribute here again, I've had a lot - no no ALOT (cheers, Alex) - of fun and have quite honestly learned a bit. I've made friends and felt part of the community. Thanks for that. And last but CERTAINLY not least, I can reluctantly confess that I've had my yearnings for attention at least somewhat pacified... I looked at the photo galleries recently, & sorted all of the entries by "most views"... made me feel pretty.

So - not good bye, just so long for a spell. Though I must admit I'll probably look in on this thread until it fades; hey - at least I'm honest!? Take care all, for now...

And Sorcerer - farewell my summer love... And one final thought for you:

Is that you in your profile pic?
Is it recent?
How big RU?
WANNA CAM??????? :adam4:

PEACE!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
vinny_spiruccino said:
I've had my yearnings for attention at least somewhat pacified... I looked at the photo galleries recently, & sorted all of the entries by "most views"... made me feel pretty.

Tsk, you're so much more than just pretty, oh ferocious bed-tiger :rolleyes: