Sore Head

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by papadoc5413, Oct 23, 2010.

1. papadoc5413

papadoc5413 New Member

Albums:
    I am uncut. The last few years, after sex or masturbation, the base of my head will become sore. It doesn't take that much to make it sore either. 10 minutes of sex will make it slightly sore, two days in a row -- really sore. I didn't used to be this way. Anybody ever experience this? Would circumsicion help?

2. mandoman

Gold Member

Circumcision is necessary sometimes, like when your penis is severely frostbitten.
    It wouldn't help with this. You might want to see a urologist, but, please be careful.
    Doctors in the US recommend circumcision for a hangnail. I've had it recommended to me, and I never have had a problem with my penis, except for a slight tear in the frenulum which healed itself.

3. erratic

Gold Member

Are you using soap under your foreskin? Mine would get really sore when I used soap under there every time I showered. Now I make sure to rinse it well every shower and only soap it up about once a week. My dick is much happier.

Chlorine and other pool chemicals can also make foreskin-covered areas more sensitive. It's not really skin under there, it's a membrane, right? So you want to be careful with the chemicals it's exposed to.

Are you masturbating with a death grip? Yanking down really hard? Maybe you need to go a bit lighter - guys report that problem regardless of having foreskin. What about condoms? You know you should have lube on the inside, right? And that your foreskin should be back before you put the condom on (not trying to patronise; these are all problems I've heard before). Are you using condoms with spermicide? Spermicides can be bad news for sensitive areas.

Anyway, surgery is the last thing I would recommend. What happens if you get it and the problem persists? Frankly, I think not having a foreskin to protect your dick would make things worse.

#3 erratic, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. papadoc5413

papadoc5413 New Member

Albums:
    It happens after sex (without a condom) or masturbation. I do wash under the foreskin but i rinse real well. I have had the irritation from soap before. This is different. Sex usually lasts less than 10 minutes. Masturbation, less than five. I thought maybe tight foreskin might be pulling on this area.

5. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    You dont look like you have a tight foreskin, but looking at your pics you might have a short frenulum. You might want to look into stretching it to start and see if that helps. It might be short and this can cause the frenulum to have a lot of tension put on it on the down stroke which is causing your irritation.

If stretching doesnt work they have a surgery to lengthen the frenulum by making very small cuts which will allow it to lay more flat on the shaft. A lot of guys have short frenulums and a many more tear theirs and this "corrects" the shortness. The majority of uncut guys I know have tore their frenulum.

6. erratic

Gold Member

Rinsing will lessen the irritation caused by soap, but may not get rid of it. You could still be leaving it open to dryness and irritation, which would aggravate the soreness that comes from sex. Make it worse.

Your best bet is to talk to a dermatologist or urologist, but since you're in the States watch out. Being in a for-profit system means they may well try to sell you an expensive surgery instead of a simple (read: cheap) solution.

7. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

Uncircumcized here. I was told to hold my skin back as much as possible. I started that at about 13. My briefs held it back most of the time. Anyway it took a while to get used to being open to air, but now my cockhead is much like a circumcized one. It is cleaner and many do not even know I have never been cut.
    Pull it back and keep it back the best you can.

8. mandoman

Gold Member

That totally defeats any protection the foreskin gives your glans.
    Whoever told you that, knows nothing about normal human anatomy.
    The foreskin is supposed to protect the head, and keep it moist and supple.

9. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Circumcision is primarily a cosmetic surgery. It happens to have medical benefits too.

A full circumcision would solve your problem as the post circumcision glans is less fragile.

But is this something you cosmetically desire ? Will you be happy to driop yor underwear and find a naked glans ? Will you be happy to undress in locker room and expose a circumcised penis as you drop underwear ?

If the idea of having a circumcised penis turns you on, then go for it. But if you view circumcision as a necessary evil to stop the glans plain, you need to really study whether you will be happy with th results.

Draft saved Draft deleted