Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Odd subject, I know, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out. For the past 2 days the bottom or my tongue has been kind of very sensitive and kind of sore. It its uncomfortable to lift my tongue up or to stick it out and sometimes I can feel it hurt when I chew and swallow.
Anyone have any suggestions at what to do? Gurgle some salt water? I bet it's just swollen for some reason I dont know why.
But yah, any suggestions at how to make it feel a little bit better?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a similar issue with my tongue a few weeks ago, only the soreness was on top...I just rinsed with listerine a few times a day & the issue resolved itself...it's totally back to normal now...

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
what were you doing that made your tongue sore? :wink:

i've never had this problem before, but i would suggest you drink some hot green tea. just don't burn your tongue lol. green tea works for everything--well, for me anyway.

if the soreness doesn't go away on it's own you should consult a doctor ASAP.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lol I wasn't doing anything sexual with my tongue recently. So we can rule that conclusion out! :tongue:.... hmmm i will have to try the tea or mouth wash... i assume it will go away with something easy like that...

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Lol I wasn't doing anything sexual with my tongue recently. So we can rule that conclusion out! :tongue:.... hmmm i will have to try the tea or mouth wash... i assume it will go away with something easy like that...

make sure not to take the tea and mouthwash together LOL :tongue:

If it isn't gone in a couple of days, go see your dentist. I'd go see them anyways.

a dentist is a good idea. but an oral hygienist wouldn't be a bad idea either.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
make sure not to take the tea and mouthwash together LOL :tongue:

Haha! I bet that would taste pretty nasty ... I will make sure they are seperate! Thanks for the warning haha :wink:

a dentist is a good idea. but an oral hygienist wouldn't be a bad idea either.

For the life of me, I wouldn't know the difference between the two...So i think the dentist is just fine with me. :biggrin1:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the past 2 days the bottom or my tongue has been kind of very sensitive and kind of sore. It its uncomfortable to lift my tongue up or to stick it out and sometimes I can feel it hurt when I chew and swallow.

If you're feeling sharp pains in a small area when you move your tongue it could something as simple as a canker sore for which there are OTC treatments.

Canker sore - MayoClinic.com

If this isn't the case then definitely bring it up with your dentist even if it fades before your visit.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What luck! I have a dentist appt. next week for a cleaning...so if it's still there I can kill 2 birds with one stone! :biggrin1:

make sure your dentist checks your entire mouth for oral cancer...gums, tongue, roof of mouth, insides of cheeks & throat...mine always checks every time I go...

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Killing birds aint gonna solve your tongue problem. Let them live.

Just get a strong mouthwash like Corsodyl.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
WELL after 2 weeks of having multiple sores on my tongue, which was very painful at times.... they have finally all gone away. I went and saw my good ol' dentist today and said that it was due to stress (since I'm moving to Australia soon and it can be pretty stressful planning all that) and he said if not that, it possibly could have been due to my new toothpaste i switched to two weeks ago. My PRO HEALTH toothpaste is going to be thrown away today haha.

Thanks guys for helpin me out when I posted this thread with answers. :) :biggrin1: