Soreness on period...

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Hardballin, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Hardballin

Hardballin New Member

So my girl claims she gets very very sore right before her period, during it, and a day or 2 after it...

is this a condition, she keeps saying but thats normal.. it is upsetting me because we cannot have sex much because she is always sore. but it also makes me upset because she just seems like she is in pain, and i do hate to see that.

if it is a condition, i would like to try to take her to the doctor, i doubt she will go though.

please help. thank you

2. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Sounds perfectly normal to me. I get shooting pains through my vagina during my period - not the most pleasant sensation.

3. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Is she talking about menstrual cramps? Those can be awful. I get shooting pains down my legs from them. I've learned how to solve that problem with uterus massage and by staying away from caffeine.

4. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Could you point me to good resources about uterus massage? I know you must have done it somewhere already, because I know you mentioned it before. However, if you have the time, a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

When my cramping starts, usually a few days before my period, my vagina throbs painfully too. My joints ache, my body shakes, my back hurts, and my legs are usually in pain as well. Anyone who wants to fuck me at that time can kiss my fucking ass. The only thing I can tolerate is video games and my heating pad. Ibuprofen doesn't help. No over the-counter pain meds help. Percocet does almost nothing. Vicodin is a joke. Whiskey helps, but only in dangerously high quantities, and it works much better with Percocet. Obviously, I can't subject my body to that every month, so most of the time, it's just video games and the heating pad.

I remain horny, but have no desire at all to get laid. Everything just hurts too much. Some women just have painful periods. It's not a condition. Maybe it won't always be like this. It wasn't always like this for me. It's just a week or so out of the month. Ten days, max(for me, anyway). That hardly qualifies as all the time. Anyone who couldn't give me this time could sit and spin.

5. Hardballin

Hardballin New Member

OH sorry when I say soreness I mean vaginal, inside.. where even a quarter of me inside brings severe pain. I knew about the rest of the stuff you are talking about, but never knew about the soreness part. so, she is fine? just stay away from her =[

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    She's probably fine. You're lucky she's even let you try. My hormones would have turned me into The Incredible She-Bitch, and I'd have verbally torn you a new hole. My husband wanted a blow job two days before my period this cycle, and I gave him a look so dirty he brought me a bowl of popcorn and a soda and went about his business. My mouth may be the only thing that doesn't hurt at that time, but that doesn't mean I want sexual contact when I'm so miserable.

This cycle, my vagina has hurt too much to use a cup, so I am using tampons (regular size). The pain on insertion is on par with full force collision with my cervix, though once it's in, it's fine. I doubt I could get so much as the head of my husband's dick in me right now, and I definitely don't want to.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow! I don't really have this issue and if I do it goes away really fast. You three have me crossing my fingers it stays that way. Sometimes my stomach hurts briefly, but that's the maxium pain for me. Maybe it's because my pills regulate that?

For the OP, if she's in the same pain every month then I would say it's normal for her.

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    It never used to be this bad. My vagina has always hurt at some point during the cramping part of my cycle, but this pain has got to be related to my recent birth control drama.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I didn't even think about that. I've been on the pill for 10 years. I was actually thinking about going off of it.... now I'm not sure. I only vaguely remember how I felt when I was younger and not on it:frown1:

10. Hardballin

Hardballin New Member

thanks, i just feel bad. no other girl had any problems and actually horny and craved sex on the period, i felt good that i could help them out and i have a high tolerance for "gross", so to me it really wasn't anything bad or gross, I think most of them were just shy or afraid because they were afraid to be judged or i might put them down, and its sad that guys put down women, personally i think because its an ego thing, but then again i did see women kill men's egos which eh whatever, side tracked random, sorry=]. and Plus I sorta felt closer to them, strange maybe. so i miss not doing it anymore.

11. cece

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think it's so sweet of her to even let you come near her sexually when she's sore! The last thing I wanna think about when I am not feeling well is sex! But I don't think the soreness is an unusual condition. The nerves around that area tend to be quite sensitive around menstruation for some women.

However, if she is in pain often, she may want to have it checked out for endometriosis. It effects 10-15% of women (almost 200 million women worldwide now), and gets worse with age. If left intreated, it could even effect fertility. It is often undiagnosed because doctors tend to brush the pain off as just normal menstrual cramps. Diagnosis is a little tricky though and requires an invasive laparoscopy.

I don't want to freak you guys out, but it should be considered and ruled out if possible, especially if this pain effects her seriously.

But you should try to be a bit more understanding towards her. It's not something she chooses to have. If her pain can be suppressed with painkillers, then that would be an easy option. Otherwise you can resort to other methods of sexual gratification that does not require vaginal penetration. It's only a few days in a month. If you're kind and considerate towards her, she may even repay you many times over in many exciting ways when she's feeling better. :wink: Women definitely feel more sexual towards a man whom they know care about them. Sex is a very emotional thing for women.

12. D_Hillary_Clitton

D_Hillary_Clitton Account Disabled

I get super horny on my period too, but yeah it hurts the first few days when the blood flow is strong.

13. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I remember it being extremely bad when I was in my Teens. I was prescribed the pill to have a shorter and "lighter" period, as I used to have it for 7 full days and very heavy and lost a lot of blood due to it.
    Then for many years it was ok, I only had my period for 3-4 days, only heavy on 2 days and no bad cramps.
    During my fertility problemsĀ“the past 4 years (I didn't have an ovulation most of the time) I sometimes didn't get my period at all and if I did, only for a few days and just a little bleeding. I mean I guess that's normal if your body doesn't have to get rid of an egg.
    After making a special diet that was supposed to get my hormones and metabolism to a normal level, I am having an ovulation now, I can actually feel it, but now my period has gotten worse than ever before.
    I have such bad cramps that I can hardly move, also going down my leg, but worst of all is that now my back hurts as well. My Ob- Gyn told me that the nerves from the back and the uterus are somewhat connected (can't explain it that well in english) and I can hardly sit, lay down on my back or bend over to pick something up.
    Also my vagina has gotten extremely sensitive during my period these days. I can hardly wash down there cause it hurts, let alone having sex.
    I am glad I do ovulate now (is that the right term?), but when it's as bad as today, I just want to put a heating pad on my tummy and take tons of pain killers.
    But enough rambling, back on topic: I can imagine that soreness or being extra sensitive during your girlfriend's period can occur, Hardballin.
    All women are different and our periods also change over time. Maybe this soreness will go away after a while.
    Does your gf take the pill? That can prevent lots of pain during a woman's period.

14. Hardballin

Hardballin New Member

pandora thanks, i am really sorry that happens to you now, what was ur diet that made it feel better, and any reason why it got worse? i dont know what to do now even, i am very empathetic and i try everything to make her feel better, i was no way complaining about soreness down there, just wondered if it was a condition some women have or normal -- didnt mean to sound like "whats wrong with u women" not at all!

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Or create pain she never had. It's a craps shoot.

16. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

I agree with cece about endometriosis needing to be ruled out. Not only is it painful but it can seriously affect her fertility. The sooner caught and taken care of the better.

I also recommend starting on an anti inflamatory med like motrin or Ultram (Script only) a week before the symptoms and stay on it regularly till her period is over. My gynacologist started me on that regimen about 2 years ago, really made a difference. I also have a script for a muscle relaxer if I really need it.

A heated mattress pad that I can turn up or down depending on how bad it gets has been a lifesaver too. A clitoral only orgasm has helped too, no penetration and released lots of endorphins. Good luck, no fun dealing with that kind of pain.

17. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Your pills could be helping. Before I went on the pill I used to get terrible stomach pains. But while I was on it I only had minimal pain, plus the occasional shooting vaginal pains. Now I'm off the pill again, I wonder if the pains will return. I certainly hope not!

18. zaragoza

Gold Member

I'm very irregular as well,and whenever i get my period it's extremely painful,but a family friend recommended i take Evening Primrose Oil which can be found at your local Walgreens,and it's worked wonders,i also take something called Femaprin,and so far it has regulated my period,relieved the pain,and helped with my mood swings.This is just a recommendation of course,and you should talk to your doctor first,just to be safe.

19. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Periods totally suck and mine have always, without fail, been accompanied by pain of some sort: tits, back, stomach, vaginal, headaches, everywhere, etc., or all at once with weird "one off" pains here and there. Best to go easy and tread lightly around those days.

Draft saved Draft deleted