Sotomayor is Obama's Supreme Court Pick

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
says it all:

This month, for example, a video surfaced of Judge Sotomayor asserting in 2005 that a “court of appeals is where policy is made.” She then immediately adds: “And I know — I know this is on tape, and I should never say that because we don’t make law. I know. O.K. I know. I’m not promoting it. I’m not advocating it. I’m — you know.”

So, one video of Sotomayor stumbling on their words makes her ineligible for becoming Supreme Court Justice? You know how many times we had to listen to George W. Bush stumble on his speeches, yet we couldn't kick him out of the White House and make him go back to grade school?

Find another lame excuse to try and attack Sotomayor's intelligence... this one isn't working. AT ALL. :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it was not a stumble

it was a frank admission to a receptive group that she envisions the office, not as the Founding Fathers intended, but rather as Vladimir Lenin would have her function

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it was not a stumble

it was a frank admission to a receptive group that she envisions the office, not as the Founding Fathers intended, but rather as Vladimir Lenin would have her function

Stop trying to sound like you have intelligence.
She bobbled her speech. It happens to everyone. Including political figures, judges and even Supreme Court Judges as well. Case closed.

Now tell me... why do you REALLY think Sotomayor isn't qualified to be in the Supreme Court? As if we didn't know already... :rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you keep trying to avoid the obvious --

(1) she is candidly what's known as an "activist" -- not interpreting the Constitution, but bypassing it

(2) enraged about the Obama process

rheno

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
God, I don't know enough about american politics, but in any case, the important thing I believe is: have their past rullings been just? Not necessarily in the face of the constitution, but in the face of justice. If so, she would make a good judge. Some parts of the constitution deserve being bypassed, like the patriot act, the local laws against recognition of partnerships, etc. (sorry, not familiar enough with your law!)

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you keep trying to avoid the obvious --

(1) she is candidly what's known as an "activist" -- not interpreting the Constitution, but bypassing it

(2) enraged about the Obama process

I'm not avoiding what YOU think is obvious.
Of course the pick is somewhat politically motivated. ALL MOVES IN POLITICS ARE. Which is why I mentioned Michael Steele, Bobby Jindal & Palin. Those are ALL politically motivated tactics by the GOP. So don't even TRY to act the least bit outraged.

And I don't give a fuck what you think she did that fails your views of the Constitution. Considering your twisted beliefs on values and morals in this country (as well as your need to generalize in order to evaluate people), none of that will ever be relevant to me.

IMO, Sotomayor could bring a different angle to how people view our country to the Supreme Court... one that is DESPERATELY needed and one that has to be represented. She has more in common with the everyday, struggling American than anyone else you can propose. Our government is supposed to represent all walks of life, not just the ones that "had rights" back in the 1700s. On top of that, she has the credentials to back it up. If she isn't suited for this role, then please tell us who Obama SHOULD be picking?

Oh, that's right... you DON'T have any ideas. Just like the GOP. :rolleyes:

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Justice Sotomayor. Get used to it.

The fun for me wil be watching every conservative denouncing her knowing full well that they are alienating the the small latino voter base of the republican party.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
With Arlen Specter now a Democrat and Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe putting out statements in support of the nomination, a fillibuster is unlikely. She is somewhat of a moderate and should have no trouble picking up moderate republican support. So outside of Hannity and Limbaugh and their NON-ELECTED ilk opoosition should be minimal.

BTW, anyone notice the deafning silence from John Cronyn. He is usually the first to open his yap!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Let's hear from all those who opposed her appointment by President Bush.

[cue sound of crickets]

Now you know going by logical thought and not pure belief will make you look intelligent to your adversaries. How dare you use your brain and make a valid observation!!!! :biggrin:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Unfortunately, Sotomayor is a Yankees fan :) I would filibuster.

I would have to agree with you, Sparks, that this is indeed a red flag. But people do change and grow.

On the other hand, that great legal mind, Rush Limbaugh, has called her a "reverse racist" and "a hack". Now there's an opinion I truly worry about.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
“The picture of an African-American president standing next to a Hispanic woman as his first choice for the Supreme Court — that picture is the worst nightmare for the Republican Party”..... Fernand Amandi, a Florida pollster whose firm, Bendixen Associates, surveyed Hispanic voters for Obama’s presidential campaign.

“The numbers, the symbolism and now the acts of the Democratic Party and this Democratic president underline and underscore the very bleak outlook for Republicans, where the…fastest growing demographics in the country are leaving them.”

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Rush Limbaugh needs to understand that people don't hate him because he's white. We hate him because he's STUPID. Luckily for us, that discriminatory "good ol' boy" mentality is starting to fade away with every nasty word he breathes.

A word of warning from the "libs" to the faith believers. The Hispanic vote is the only one left that you haven't alienated yet. Do you honestly want to get rid of them too with your hateful rhetoric? Think about that while you try to discredit Sotomayer...

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, Will, I think that is spot on.

I will be accused of Obama-worship (guilty, guilty) but this does seem like a clever bit of jujitsu against the hapless Republicans.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
aha!

frank admission the selection was political!

“The picture of an African-American president standing next to a Hispanic woman as his first choice for the Supreme Court — that picture is the worst nightmare for the Republican Party”..... Fernand Amandi, a Florida pollster whose firm, Bendixen Associates, surveyed Hispanic voters for Obama’s presidential campaign.

“The numbers, the symbolism and now the acts of the Democratic Party and this Democratic president underline and underscore the very bleak outlook for Republicans, where the…fastest growing demographics in the country are leaving them.”

Yeah, Will, I think that is spot on.

I will be accused of Obama-worship (guilty, guilty) but this does seem like a clever bit of jujitsu against the hapless Republicans.