Soundproofing?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alright guys, I'm finally getting up out my burnt down establishment. A fire burned my room back in mid-april and I've been living in the remnants of the house since. I am now moving out to my own place. I'm very excited to be living on my own, having roomates etc was getting to be a pain in the ass.

However, I have a major concern at my new place. A middle aged couple lives below me and I like to fuck hard and loud. I also come hard and loud and like to do it at my leisure. Does anyone know of any good ways to sound proof your floor?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Congrats on your new place, I hope you like it. :smile:
Off the top of my head, buy the thickes best padding you can afford and put a nice high grade carpet over it. Even when installing laminate or tile floors there are premium paddings available that will dampen the sound.

Check this site out for ideas.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im on the 3rd floor. I like having a roof to go and hang out on and play the guitar or something. Guy below might be kind of a tight ass and being this is the first time I am living on my own I want to be as free as possible, not putting my hand over some girls mouth as I tag up the back of the poonany don datta :)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Buy enough soundproofing HOMOSOTE paneling board to go wall-to-wall.
Cover your floor with a thick wall-to-wall room size rug. Put down a thick piece of particle board the same size as your bed. Put your box springs on top. Then your mattress. Don't use your bed frame and headboard.

Now your floor should be soundproofed enough. You should test it out by playing some loud music and going downstairs to your elderly neighbors to check for sound permeability.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks invisibleman. I only use a mattress, no box spring or anything else. Is that good or bad? I should also say aside from soundproofing any fucking noises from downstairs I am also going to use my bedroom as my recording studio. I don't want it to be a "dead" room as well with no acoustics.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
thanks invisibleman. I only use a mattress, no box spring or anything else. Is that good or bad? I should also say aside from soundproofing any fucking noises from downstairs I am also going to use my bedroom as my recording studio. I don't want it to be a "dead" room as well with no acoustics.

Well. Get the thick particle board then. You need the box spring. I still say get the HOMOSOTE insulation boards wall to wall and the room size carpet. You can always store that stuff when you aren't using it.

zgrog2000

Experimental Member
Media
Screw her at her place then you don't have to worry about it too much. maybe buy a bed frame, box spring, you probably don't have a bed spread and pillows so I'd recommend those as well. Still got the futon and bean bag chair? Maybe a couch, a chair, and a coffee table.

Recording studio bedroom combo? Come on, who ya kidding?

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Step up offa my BWOI hata... you gotta work wit watcha got. Sounds like 2 skillz need accomodation at the new pad.

So S_M - I wouldn't worry too much about it; it's part of life in an apartment. Everyone fucks, what could they do - call the police? I say you make vids. And post them

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Need to know what kind of floor you have to give any worthwhile suggestions. Carpet? Hardwood? Tile?

Also what kind of sounds are you refering too? Screams and moans or thumping on the floor?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Step up offa my BWOI hata... you gotta work wit watcha got. Sounds like 2 skillz need accomodation at the new pad.

So S_M - I wouldn't worry too much about it; it's part of life in an apartment. Everyone fucks, what could they do - call the police? I say you make vids. And post them
I'd pay money for the vids :cool:

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Need to know what kind of floor you have to give any worthwhile suggestions. Carpet? Hardwood? Tile?

Also what kind of sounds are you refering too? Screams and moans or thumping on the floor?

Yeah, those sounds too but mostly gagging/gasping for air - you know, the sounds of Masonry...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
precisely. Its hardwood floors. I onlyy have a mattress so i dont think thumping is the main issue but moans gags and music being played.

A cost effective way is to play background music that will act as a mask to the sex noise. Like play some jazz music and talk show radio simultaneously. Then, you and your girl can fuck yourselves silly.

SteveWood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A cost effective way is to play background music that will act as a mask to the sex noise. Like play some jazz music and talk show radio simultaneously. Then, you and your girl can fuck yourselves silly.

That could backfire, though. Most people will hesitate to complain about noisy neighbor sex (in fact, many enjoy it ... I'll let you know as soon as there's a vacant apt in my building, SM). Noisy music, on the other hand, will get complaints to the building manager or even police if it's loud enough and late enough. Also, speaking for myself, a little soft music is nice to set the mood, but somehow listening to talk radio while I fuck is just not very erotic.

FWIW, I agree with the suggestions of good, thick carpeting, a real bed (not just mattress on floor), and then just go for it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That could backfire, though. Most people will hesitate to complain about noisy neighbor sex (in fact, many enjoy it ... I'll let you know as soon as there's a vacant apt in my building, SM). Noisy music, on the other hand, will get complaints to the building manager or even police if it's loud enough and late enough. Also, speaking for myself, a little soft music is nice to set the mood, but somehow listening to talk radio while I fuck is just not very erotic.

FWIW, I agree with the suggestions of good, thick carpeting, a real bed (not just mattress on floor), and then just go for it.

Yeah. I guess that would be a nuisance...with the sound mask. It was only a suggestion.